It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How U.S. Police View The Civilians, In Their Own Words.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
There is a website called Police One, it's a police news website, for the police themselves. Registering as a civilian on their website does not allow you to post comments or interact with the registered law enforcement officers, or "LEOs" as they call themselves.

It's fascinating, scary, and enraging to read their views on different news stories involving police officers. The 2 most popular types of stories are either purported police brutality (which they dismiss out of hand with jokes or blaming the victims), or on the other end, stories about police being killed on the job.

Many of them are extremely calloused and jaded, and it's frightening to see how much of them despise civilians, they think of us as dumb animals. They view themselves as being in a higher caste in society. These types of people should not be in charge of upholding the law.

On the occasional news story posted about police breaking the law.. their comments are equally disgusting, they decry the officer's punishments as unfair and usually blame the civilian victim (if there is one), they believe they should be allowed privilege above the law.

..but enough about me telling you about it, you need to see it for yourself: PoliceOne

Today there aren't good examples, but frequent the site on different days with different news stories and you will get a feel of these LEO's thoughts.

I recall the story of that man who was put into a coma by an officer shoving him against a wall, and it turns out the man was innocent and wrongly identified by the witness.. when that news story was posted LEOs were calling it a good hit and making jokes.

This isn't a police hate thread, so don't treat it that way please, my best friend's dad and brother are cops, so I've seen the good side. There are a lot of good cops, unfortunately there are a lot more bad ones.
edit on 2/18/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yeah , just checked the site out , the community page at the bottom SPOUSES , I was howling reading some police wife saying how her man was a Leo and was very controling , wanting to know her every move , sounds like he takes the job home with him

Good post and I have bookmarked the site for future reference

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I've seen similiar comments on the Occupy website.

"That cop deserved a brick to his face...[Snip] the pigs."

There are bad apples all around.

Myself, I am of the thinking that police should not be allowed on one force throughout their entire career. I believe that if you stay in one town as a LEO, over the years you become cynical and apathetic.

Not all are that way and a few posters on a website do not paint the entirety of the force.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

I hope thats just a troll comment - so I wont get twisted but Im sure someone will.

But yeah nice site OP its bookmarked for when a new police brutality story comes out (should be any day now).

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
post removed by staff

Really?

You must be a frustrated person to have such hatred for police.

Or are you one of those felons who "didn't do it...I'm innocent!"

I've been to combat and never wished to pull the trigger, and yet you seem to be with your comment, willing to do so.

Warmonger

edit on Sun Feb 19 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

You are a sick individual.

Unbelievable!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Myself, I am of the thinking that police should not be allowed on one force throughout their entire career. I believe that if you stay in one town as a LEO, over the years you become cynical and apathetic.

Not all are that way and a few posters on a website do not paint the entirety of the force.
reply to post by TDawgRex

This reeks of federalism.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

My brother's a detective in Nevada,good thing your avatar is a hobbit the character matches your scope of reality.I don't wish the most vile person alive dead .I just want them to stop.If they come after me it's their fault.How often have I heard such pathetic rants about some politician who should die,or some racist bastard who voices his or her comments wishing death on those not like them?
It's a crappy job they have to do,and the deck is usually stacked against them.If ever you have spoken of peace then that last post will paint your true nature.I ought to know,I'm a dark bastard myself.I just try not to inflict it on people like you.I try to think before I speak,it doesn't always work .

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

post removed by staff

Well, maybe you''ll stop doing that once they stop torturing people in the street? and killing harmless old men? And gunning down veterans who love America almost as much as Jesus? And not chemically torturing you when you protest?

When cops go back to not torturing the crap out of you, you'll tone it down then right?

RIGHT?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun

reply to post by TDawgRex

This reeks of federalism.

I realize that, but there may be a way around it.

Standardize the requirements to be a law officer. Every contract when a officer is hired has the understanding that it is only for X amount of years and the town/county/state pays that officers wage during that time period. And the state handles the officers retirement though a program similiar to the TSP/401K.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

The reason people get bent out of shape with police misconduct and abuse of power is because as children we are taught our leaders are exceptional good people. They look out for interest with sacrifice. We mature, discover critical thinking and see absolute power corrupts absolutely. We have respect for the position and see these men as corrupters. I, for one, do not celebrate their misfortunes. Evil is Evil. My uncle, I love him to death. I seen him in his younger days, new to the force, and in the South, his partner, black, set at the kitchen table for lunch, my uncle set at the dining room table. He grew in rank and changed some things for the good. The higher climbed the less gun-ho he got. Now I feel for him. If somebody hurt him, it would hurt my mother, it would hurt me. We know him.
It saddens sane people to see criminal acts. By citizens in a community against other citizens, and definitely by the protectors.
I have mentioned on here before about a judge in Johnson county Indiana, if you were a professional and broke the law, he hammered you and hammered you hard!!!! I seen him make many a grown man weep. We need more of him.
edit on 18-2-2012 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I briefly looked at the site, many comments seemed fine but there are some elitist attitudes here and there.

There's some logic in what some of 'em say, one officer commenting on anonymous hacking LE websites, asked, "Why don't they target the thugs and gangs?"

Then another thread about the Lt Pike pepper spray incident at UC Davis, apparently those protesters surrounded the police before Pike got all spicy on them. I never knew that little detail.

Sometimes it's good to hear both sides of things, but @ the Op I think some people just don't like law enforcement/authority/military in general and that I can't help you with. Not to say excessive force isn't used and that law enforcement needs more oversight, though, cause I think they could use it.

It also helps to not be stuck in the mindset that you exist on only one side of the fence, though. LEO and civilians both are only human... And everyone's a bit too judgemental these days, with way too much hate to toss around.

edit on 19-2-2012 by Sek82 because: eta

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Did they torture you too brother?
Did some arrogant pig take a liking to making your particuar life a living hell?
Or was the voilence so casual that to him you may have been no more than a piece of dog doo on the sole of a boot?
There is much cause for celebration when the right ones pass....i must agree....
But the rest of the cowards in uniform who fail to police their own ranks make me want to puke.
hypocrisy in uniform....corruption in blue.
The Law is by default bound to become as corrupt as the criminals it persues....
Whats with that Arizona LEO with seven police shootings to his credit, five of them fatal.....
just finished offing some grandfather holding a child in his arms...shot him in the back of the head....
Sickening cops are everywhere the same.....power tripping sobs

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

post removed by staff

I spend a lot of time on cop threads argueing with the cop apoligist.
But I dont want any cops to be killed, a good sound thrashing to the butt-holes.

But no one should be killed at work.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
If cops were LEOs, they would be marching on Washington DC and Wall Street and arresting everyone of these SOBs.

Cops are not LEOs, they are tax collectors and the arm of the fascist regime in Washington DC.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Yeah , just checked the site out , the community page at the bottom SPOUSES , I was howling reading some police wife saying how her man was a Leo and was very controling , wanting to know her every move , sounds like he takes the job home with him

Good post and I have bookmarked the site for future reference
reply to post by Droidinvoid

One of my friends from college, psyche major, supplements his income with conducting anger management classes he is contracted by his county with. 80%of the court ordered participants are LEOs for spousal abuse (assault) . The only thing he is absolutely required to do as at the end of each class he reminds everybody under HPPA what is said there and who attends is confidential and punishable by law.

'Nuff said.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

What did you get busted for.Did you screw up..and get caught? Not me ,so they leave me alone.I don't put a "hassle me" vibe out there,like you.I don't use collectivist,limited and directly hostile thinking,like you. Because if I did,I would say something stupid like call you a "Hippy" I might say you are probably some kind of con or a drug addict ,.That wouldn't be at all smart would it? BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW,and neither do you.To say an ENTIRE group is one stereotype? Slow minded man,real slow.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I don't care what happens to the trash

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

One stepped on my face and chest so I couldn't breath, as another smacked my legs and and groin with a club. Just for smoking a cigarette that they thought was laced with drugs. I didn't resist they just wanted to beat on a long hair.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join