It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked video shows Rudd swearing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
biggest problem is believing anyone on this server gives a flying **** about Australian politics, a handfull of Aussies here know him, most will just bypass the post altogether.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IdeaLogical

The question is, was it an actual attack, as in the Julia camp making Rudd look like a spoiled little brat,

OR

Was it Rudd himself leaking the footage to make seem more Ned-Kellyish in the populations eyes....

Either way it's pretty god damned childish of them both, when the country is going to hell in a handbasket. People are right when they say this kinda BS should be swept aside. Over the last weeks we have seen thousands here losing there jobs to overseas outsourcing, including Pacific Brands, Qantas and ANZ to name a few. Banks have hiked rates, ignoring the reserve banks calls to leave them be, while the useless government argues over asylum seekers and who should be in charge.

I have a better idea. Give the country to a bunch of first graders, let them sort it out. It'd be more educational than watching the bunch of monkeys we have screwing us right now...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

This cretin of a man prides himself in his composure.

On the contrary. He has a well deserved reputation for blowing his stack.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Im curious as to the context the language was used in.

The context is that he was taping a speech or 'message' what ever you want to call it for Chinese TV. He speaks fluent Chinese, but was having trouble getting the words out. He got flustered, and was cursing himself over it. It sounds like he was trying to check something with the official translator but couldn't get his attention. Who knows how many takes it took him, but just like an actor that gets into a rut and just can't get the words out he got frustrated.

If its just to show him cussing, why the hell would anyone care?

The implication is that he was cursing the translator and the Australian Mission to China for such a 'difficult' script. That is not very gracious of him and it shows him in a bad light. However, in fact, he was cursing himself. The translator and script writers just got in the way the way a tree gets in the way of a frustrated golfer when he decides its the clubs fault and smashes it. The difference being of course, that the club and the tree are insensate objects, and people aren't.

The timing is because Rudd is possibly making a play for the leadership again. Somebody thought this would embarrassing him.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

biggest problem is believing anyone on this server gives a flying **** about Australian politics, a handfull of Aussies here know him, most will just bypass the post altogether.

And that's why you are here, am I right? If you don't give a flying **** why didn't you just bypass the post altogether?

This site is international in scope, live with it.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

I am here because I am an Aussie, but the server does have an international scope which only strengthens my argument, most here do not care of Australian politics and even more couldn't even tell you who is the PM right now.

notice the lack of stars and flags, which relates to lack of interest
edit on 20-2-2012 by munkey66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join