It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The Freemasons The Team To Be On?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ya know, I hate to assume and generalize in general, if that makes sense on any polarity and im tired of bashing freemasonry if they are the team to be on. Now I dont mean if they are a powerful organization, I believe I speculate correct on that but are they the team to be on? I hate chopping down trees just cause theres some spolied fruit on it and I know I go back and forth and to and fro with feelings concerning the masons. I know all about the general information regarding public eyes and I know all the conspiracies as well. I try to discern well but I struggle and I know I havent gotten this far all by my lonesome so what really goes on? If you guys are the righteous team to be on then by all means convince me and convince me for my betterment.

Is there any oaths involved? Do the higher ups pose as non-masons and test the masons with secrecy? It's hard to keep a secret for me especially if it can better someone. Any high up mason in the Philadelphia area willing to meet-up for coffee or somethin, and discuss a possible petition? I'm not lookin for some line and sinker b.s. either. If you guys are the team to be on, prove it to me, cus im lookin for "that team" whatever that team is.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EddieBee

Are The Freemasons The Team To Be On?

As opposed to...?

I'm curious, did you compare team stats?

X.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I believe that the Freemasons used to be powerful, maybe at least before the Great Depression, however, by the looks of it, they are nothing more than just a club for old men who eat dinner and discuss their next charity event. Even if one were a Mason, only the higher ups, especially the ones in the English Lodges only matter.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EddieBee
Is there any oaths involved?

No. There is an obligation with a penalty to your own conscience should you violate it, but it is the same obligation you would hold to anyone you consider a Brother and a friend.

Do the higher ups pose as non-masons and test the masons with secrecy?

There are no higher ups. This is the crux of the conspiracy against freemasonry. In freemasonry, you are on the level with all your Brothers. Whether they are the CEO of Mecedes Benz or local mechanic, in lodge everyone is equal.

It's hard to keep a secret for me especially if it can better someone. Any high up mason in the Philadelphia area willing to meet-up for coffee or somethin, and discuss a possible petition? I'm not lookin for some line and sinker b.s. either. If you guys are the team to be on, prove it to me, cus im lookin for "that team" whatever that team is.

You can go to The Sanctum Sanctorum and request more information from a Mason near you. This website has Masons from all over the world who would be more than happy to answer any questions and perhaps even show you the way to a petition down the road.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 18-2-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Do an internet search on Duncan + mason + rituals. That should bring up the book with all of their handshakes, words and thier meanings for each degree. They aren't allowed or chose not to discuss polotics, so don't know if it's what your looking for. If you just want to do some networking then I say go for it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Personally I'm not for or against the team of Freemason's.
I'm on team AussieDingus, where it cost's nothing to join although all donations will be accpeted. There are no plans of World domination, and attendance is optional. There are no churches, no false deity's to worship, but I will ask that you wipe your feet at the door !

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

If you guys are the righteous team to be on then by all means convince me and convince me for my betterment.
Not the way it works. A major rule of Freemasonry is that you have to come to it of your own free will. It would be pretty worthless if we coerced you. We can tell you what we're about, but we're not going to try to convince you.

Is there any oaths involved?
Yep. A bunch. Things like don't cheat, defraud or slander anyone; don't strike someone in anger; don't sleep with your buddy's wife or daughter; don't reveal our secrets; etc. You break an oath, it's considered a Masonic offense. Charges are filed, a Masonic trial is held, and if you're found guilty, you'll be thrown out.

Do the higher ups pose as non-masons and test the masons with secrecy?
I've never heard of it happening. (It would be tough, considering there really aren't any "higher ups" to speak of...)

It's hard to keep a secret for me especially if it can better someone.
I don't know how somebody knowing a mumbo-jumbo password or a silly handshake would make them better. And those are the only secrets, really.
edit on 2012.2.19 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I would say think long and hard about WHY you want to join. Things like making yourself a better person, and having fun while helping others are the kind of things that we do. So if that is not what you are looking for, you might be disappointed. I can honestly say I have yet to meet any mason who was sorry they joined. I am sure there are some, but I have yet to come across one. I think you need to do some research on the correct side of things in order to know what you are asking.

This site is a direct rebuttal to most of the garbage we laugh at. It is often overlooked by anti-masons since it makes them see the truth.

Good luck and ask anything you would like to know.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
I believe that the Freemasons used to be powerful, maybe at least before the Great Depression, however, by the looks of it, they are nothing more than just a club for old men who eat dinner and discuss their next charity event. Even if one were a Mason, only the higher ups, especially the ones in the English Lodges only matter.

I'm sure your last comment'll fly just oh-so-well in the States. Freemasonry did experience a wain in uptake amongst the Boomers and from about the '70s to the end of the '90s, membership was on a downward slope. However in the last three years in my Lodge, it's been a challenge to stay ahead of the demand for Initiation from the sons of Boomers (and some Boomers themselves). I can't speak for other jurisdictions (though I expect there's similar policies in place) but in ours, once a man is balloted on, we have 6 months to have him Initiated or else the entire process has to start over. To do this, we're at 3 meetings a month (which is no fun when you're JW and have to feed the mob
) and will definitely be that way until the end of next year with the existing applications alone. If more come down the pipe (which is quite likely), we may even be doing 4 meetings a month.

Fitz

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
They aren't allowed or chose not to discuss polotics, so don't know if it's what your looking for.

No politics. No religion. The two most divisive topics known to poison good will are taboo in lodge.

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
If you just want to do some networking then I say go for it.

That would fall under the category of joining for mercenary motives and in any case, if that were your primary reason for joining, you'd be bored senseless by the moralising of our rituals. Better to join the Rotary or somesuch.

Fitz

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

As already mentioned we will not try to talk you into becoming a Freemason, As of next month I will have been a Mason for one year now. I can't say I have been disappointed in any way by becoming a Mason. I've met many fine men in this time too. Helped with a couple of local charities as well.

The first place a man decides to become a Mason is in his heart.
Call a local lodge and ask to meet with them, have a coffee and a chat.

MEMBERSHIP

One of Freemasonry's customs is not to solicit members. However, anyone should feel free to approach any Mason to seek further information about the Craft.

Membership is for men, 21 years of age or older, who meet the qualifications and standards of character and reputation, who are of good moral character, and who believe in the existence of a supreme being.

A man who wants to join a lodge must be recommended for by two members of that lodge. He must understand that his character will be investigated. After approval by the members of that lodge, he will be accepted as an applicant for membership in Freemasonry.

The doors of Freemasonry are open to men who seek harmony with their fellow man, feel the need for self-improvement and wish to participate in making this world a better place to live.

Any man who becomes a Mason is taught a pattern for living - reverence, morality, kindness, honesty, dependability and compassion. He must be prepared to honour his country, uphold its laws and respect those in authority. He must be prepared to maintain honouable relations with others and be willing to share in Masonic activities. Freemasonry is a way of life.

old.grandlodge.on.ca...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

As already mentioned we will not try to talk you into becoming a Freemason, As of next month I will have been a Mason for one year now. I can't say I have been disappointed in any way by becoming a Mason. I've met many fine men in this time too. Helped with a couple of local charities as well.

The first place a man decides to become a Mason is in his heart.
Call a local lodge and ask to meet with them, have a coffee and a chat.

MEMBERSHIP

One of Freemasonry's customs is not to solicit members. However, anyone should feel free to approach any Mason to seek further information about the Craft.

Membership is for men, 21 years of age or older, who meet the qualifications and standards of character and reputation, who are of good moral character, and who believe in the existence of a supreme being.

A man who wants to join a lodge must be recommended for by two members of that lodge. He must understand that his character will be investigated. After approval by the members of that lodge, he will be accepted as an applicant for membership in Freemasonry.

The doors of Freemasonry are open to men who seek harmony with their fellow man, feel the need for self-improvement and wish to participate in making this world a better place to live.

Any man who becomes a Mason is taught a pattern for living - reverence, morality, kindness, honesty, dependability and compassion. He must be prepared to honour his country, uphold its laws and respect those in authority. He must be prepared to maintain honouable relations with others and be willing to share in Masonic activities. Freemasonry is a way of life.

old.grandlodge.on.ca...

What if you sit on the fence about intelligent design or not? What if you dont regard religions because of all the threat and duress? And also, what documents have to be signed?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
Freemasonry did experience a wain in uptake amongst the Boomers and from about the '70s to the end of the '90s, membership was on a downward slope. However in the last three years in my Lodge, it's been a challenge to stay ahead of the demand for Initiation from the sons of Boomers (and some Boomers themselves).

My lodge is on pace to intiate 24 Masons this year which will be the most since the early 1950's. We have 14 scheduled up until June and it looks like we will need to add two classes in the fall of 5 candidates each. If we get anymore petitions we may need to ask for dispensation to have larger classes.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

What if you sit on the fence about intelligent design or not?

Not relevant as no one will ask you about this.

What if you dont regard religions because of all the threat and duress?

No issue here either. I was raised Roman Catholic but I consider myself spiritual but not religious now as I am not a big fan of dogman and guilt.

And also, what documents have to be signed?

In my state it is the actual petition itself and a background check release to make sure that you have no criminal convictions.

edit on 19-2-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

What if you sit on the fence about intelligent design or not? What if you dont regard religions because of all the threat and duress? And also, what documents have to be signed?

Do you believe in a Supreme Being that caused all that is to be? How you parse the mode by which His Will is conducted is moot insofar as Freemasonry is concerned. As for paperwork, t'is just a regular application with your name, address, age, etc..

HTH
Fitz

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Freemasonry did experience a wain in uptake amongst the Boomers and from about the '70s to the end of the '90s, membership was on a downward slope. However in the last three years in my Lodge, it's been a challenge to stay ahead of the demand for Initiation from the sons of Boomers (and some Boomers themselves).

My lodge is on pace to intiate 24 Masons this year which will be the most since the early 1950's. We have 14 scheduled up until June and it looks like we will need to add two classes in the fall of 5 candidates each. If we get anymore petitions we may need to ask for dispensation to have larger classes.

My Lodge's traditional practise has always been to make each Initiation a solo event as a token of respect for the Initiate. Obviously, this puts just a tiny bit of stress on the Trestle Board and can crimp doing other Degree work. Still, there are worse situations to be in under the circumstances.

Fitz

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I believe there is something greater than me, call it God if you wish.
As far as religion goes, I my self do not support it, but I do respect those who do.
Each to their own as they say.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Are there any more true schools of hermetics where one can become an initiate? Or was born too late?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

My Lodge's traditional practise has always been to make each Initiation a solo event as a token of respect for the Initiate.
We have been known to do up to 3 EA degrees in an evening, bringing them all together after the first 2 parts of the ritual to hear the lecture & charge together. One advantage is, the guy who goes first can the come back in and watch the other two being conferred... sometimes helps him learning his work because he can now see from the other point of view the experiences he just went through.

Most of the time we'll do only one MM degree on an evening, because it's so long. Sometimes we'll do two though.

At the peak of our resurgence, if we had enough guys around to be on degree teams, we'd even set up a second lodge room in our building so that two degrees could be conferred simultaneously. Hasn't happened in a few years though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join