It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britains Best Marine Corp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I didn't know what section to put this under, figured it would give a few of you a good chuckle. Some of Britains elite forces in action.

uk.download.yahoo.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Royal Marine Corps

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Am I missing something here....

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto

Am I missing something here....

I think LordGoofus forgot to post a link, besides misspelling Corps.

[edit on 04/9/18 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I can see the link OK. It's the red writing saying "Royal Marine Corps"..

'tis quite funny.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It's not visible to me. I ran my cursor all over the post and nothing happens, at all.

It is visible in the quote mode though:

uk.download.yahoo.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Royal Marine Corps

uk.rd.yahoo.com...*uk.download.yahoo.com...

I don't know why this won't show up when posted, but I have it downloading now.

For those who do not see a link, hit quote on my post or on that of Lord Goofus and you will find the URL.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The video is humorous, but in the real world that's what grunts have to deal with. Notice how the Marines got out by taking on a prone position and "swimming" out with a little help from their friends. I wonder if that was going to be a recruiting ad?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
yeah well, shiz happens when you're waste deep in wet sand

[edit on 18-9-2004 by BLUELol]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
laugh??? I almost prolapsed in hysterics...

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
you might find this is the british army unit.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is absoloutley hysterical!!!

it would only have been funnier if they had all stopped strugling and sparked up hamlet cigars!

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
About not seeing links, that was happening in another thread. Kano narrowed the problem down to Norton Personal Firewall's ad-blocking feature.

Originally posted by Kano
Ad-Blocking in Norton Personal Firewall is blocking out the links for some reason. Just disable it for a second, reload the page then flip it back on.

Give that a whirl and see if it helps.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Very nearly wet myself

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
good job they didn't have these sort of problems in Argentina in the Faulklands.... even with this very comical display I GUARENTEE that the British armed forces have not thought of a solution to the problem of sinking during a beach landing...

do you think that they will issue the squadies with tennis raquets to strap to their feet to prevent sinking....

WHO KNOWS...???

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto
good job they didn't have these sort of problems in Argentina in the Faulklands.... even with this very comical display I GUARENTEE that the British armed forces have not thought of a solution to the problem of sinking during a beach landing...

do you think that they will issue the squadies with tennis raquets to strap to their feet to prevent sinking....

WHO KNOWS...???

One of the jobs that the SBS are trained for is surveying beaches pre landing.
This video looks like it was a set up to take the crap out of some new guys.The sand looks like it got mixed up well before.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yeah, they are all having a laugh, you can see it on their faces.

I would agree with Devil wasp and say this is probably the Army, and also looks like it is in Iraq.

Also, the UK doesn't have a "Marine Corps", we have the royal marines, which is only a few battalions, so not even a Division, let alone a Corp... the general definition of a corps is..........

A tactical unit of ground combat forces between a division and an army commanded by a lieutenant general and composed of two or more divisions and auxiliary service troops

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I've heard the inside line on that. It was a bunch of Royal setting up Pongo (to use the lingo). The coxswain is RM, the soldiers are BA.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
incase you don't know, the term pongo derives from slang for army soldier..

"Everywhere the army goes, the pongo's" (pong goes..)
(pong being a smell..))

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Usually if I'm going to watch people frolicking in mud, they are scantily clad and female... but that's just me.

Here's a an attempt at the link:

uk.download.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I recieved this movie in an email & thought someone on here would find it humorous so I copied what was said in the email which was it was the "British Marine Corps". Oh well, regular grunts, special grunts, either way, it's still funny... even the soldiers were laughing their heads off at the sillyness of the situation

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This has obviously been Photoshopped!!

[edit on 21-9-2004 by LordofLard]

top topics

join