It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Still Has A Lot Of Explaining To Do

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by m0rphine

Once again, when faced with reasoned argument, they run instead of answering the question.

A reasoned argument LOL that's disgusting, and that's a low form of personal attack (oh he ran of because he can't debate us: just so were clear you can only debate poeple with sufficient intelligence: something most Birthers seem to lack, hence it's impossible to reason with them, as demonstrated in this travesty of a thread.
I get belittled for having an opinion, and when i call out that NEwsmax is exactly that: opinion, not news, not fact, you get flamed.

Look: You are the people making outragous claims, so the burden of proof is on you. I've seen no proof that your delisional ramblings (triggered by you incapability to accept the reality that Obama is your president) hold any truth. When asked the question: What is the goal of Truthers (getting obama out of the white house?) , the question gets deflected or ignored.

So once again I beg for an answer: What do you hope to accomplish by your oh so clever 'research"

Reguritating some drivel from a far right wing bull # 'news" site is a "Reasoned argument" in your mind, as long as the bull# is in your favor, i see.

FYI: deny ignorance
Newsmax=
Newsmax Media is a media organization founded by journalist Christopher W. Ruddy and based in West Palm Beach, Florida, United States. It runs the Newsmax.com website, publishes Newsmax Magazine, as well as a host of health and financial newsletters

According to SourceWatch - A Product of the Center for Media and Democracy:

>>NewsMax.com (NewsMax Media, Inc.) "serves up the news with a conservative slant. The company publishes alternative news and opinion content through its monthly 300,000-subscriber magazine NewsMax and corresponding Web site. The company generates sales from politically-oriented merchandise (clothing, posters, books) showcasing stars of the Republican Party.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Oh what wonderful proof. Shall I now point out your hypocrisy?

SourceWatch (formerly Disinfopedia) is an online wiki that is a collaborative project of the liberal[1] Center for Media and Democracy (CMD).

en.wikipedia.org...

The Center for Media and Democracy (CMD) is a liberal[1][2] organization investigative reporting group. The CMD gives analysis and opinion on policies such as the economy, environment and national security.

en.wikipedia.org...

So you are getting the opinion on a "right wing" website, from a liberal website. And sorry to say, youtube videos created by liberals, and liberal bloggers aren't really proof of anything. Golly gee, I guess you're only listening to sources that fit your bias? Wait, weren't you just complaining about that?

Odd...

Now, would you kindly address the facts that were previously posted and stop whining about how much you dislike a website? This is just getting sad for you.
edit on 20-2-2012 by m0rphine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ha, Hook line and sinker

If i'm a "hypocrite" for using those sources, then by your own definitions, you are one to (cause you did the exact same thing)

Nice cherry picking btw... (ignore ALL the other links, only call me out on the left wing ones....)

Btw Enjoy your President

edit on 20-2-2012 by XyZeR because: (no reason given)

And sorry to say, youtube videos created by liberals, and liberal bloggers aren't really proof of anything

But they are if they are written by Right wingers...LOL then it's "real news"...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
Ha, Hook line and sinker

If i'm a "hypocrite" for using those sources, then by your own definitions, you are one to (cause you did the exact same thing)

I was not the one whining - you were. Thus making you a hypocrite.

Nice cherry picking btw... (ignore ALL the other links, only call me out on the left wing ones....)

Left wing bloggers and youtube videos....talking bad about a right wing website...oh the shock and horror! That does not change any of the facts that were presented.

Btw Enjoy your President

Thanks. Care to address the facts yet?

But they are if they are written by Right wingers...LOL then it's "real news"...

I am not talking about opinions and trashing other websites. I am talking facts from the Obama administration which you continue to ignore without giving proof to any fallacies.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rphine
Care to address the facts yet?]

Sure: The UNDIENIABLE fact is that Obama Is your president, and he will be for another turn.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Care to address the facts yet?]

Sure: The UNDIENIABLE fact is that Obama Is your president, and he will be for another turn.

I'm not sure who is debating whether or not Obama is President. Can you show me where this was said?

The Obama campaign told Newsmax that Obama self-financed his three years at Harvard Law School with loans, and did not receive any scholarship from Harvard Law school.

LaBolt denied that Obama received any financial assistance from Harvard or from outside parties. “No - he paid his way through by taking out loans,” he said in an email to Newsmax.

At the time, Harvard cost around $25,000 a year, or $75,000 for the three years that Obama attended. And as president of the Harvard Law Review, he received no stipend from the school, Harvard spokesman Mike Armini said.

“That is considered a volunteer position,” Armini said. “There is no salary or grant associated with it.”

So if the figures cited by the Obama campaign for the Senator’s student loans are accurate, that means that Obama came up with more than $32,000 over three years from sources other than loans to pay for tuition, room and board.

Where did he find the money? Did it come from friends of Khalid Al Mansour? And why would a radical Muslim activist with ties to the Saudi royal family be raising money for Barack Obama?

That’s the question the Obama campaign still won’t answer.

Michelle Obama Speaks Out

Speaking at a campaign event in Haverford, Pa, in April of this year, Michelle Obama claimed that her husband had “just paid off his loan debt” for his Harvard Law School education.

In an appearance in Zanesville, Ohio, in February she bemoaned the fact that many American families were strapped with student loan payments for years after graduation.

“The only reason we’re not in that position is that Barack wrote two best-selling books,” she said. The first of those best-sellers netted the couple $1.2 million in royalties in 2005.

In response to Newsmax questions about the Obama’s college loans, a campaign spokesman cited a report in The Chicago Sun claiming that Obama borrowed $42,753 to pay for Harvard Law School, and “tens of thousands” more to pay for undergraduate studies at Columbia.

The same report said that Michelle Obama borrowed $40,762 to pay for her years at Harvard Law School.

But a Newsmax review of Senator Obama’s financial disclosures found no trace of any outstanding college loans, going back to 2000.

Still waiting for your response on that.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by luccadeo
I have often wondered about why no one has ever come forward from his past to say they were friends or anything. No school buddies, no childhood friends, no ex-girlfriends, nothing. Very sketchy if you ask me.

And maybe some ex-boyfriends of Michelle ?

ONE would be a bombshell

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

The whole Orly Taitz game may in fact be part of the cover up in itself.

All those cases keep setting precedents that make it harder to expose the anomalies.

The perfect shill.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The Obama campaign told Newsmax

Oh so we are to take the journalistic beacon of fair and balanced news "Newsmax" word for it ? They are real news organisation right?

1. Here's them claiming U2 was going to play a benefit for Rick Santorum... Pooof there goes ANY credibility they had (at least for me)

Poof there goes their entire article on what "The Obama administration " "Told" newsmax

a Newsmax review of Senator Obama’s financial disclosures

Considering point 1 I made considering the total lack of credibility of newsmax, their next claim to me is pure fiction, for if their financial reviews are as wel done as their articles and so called "news" then....

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Here's another gem with regards to the "Center for Media and Democracy"

CMD publishes PR Watch, "Food Rights Network", SourceWatch, and BanksterUSA.org.

BanksterUSA.org states that it wishes “to be your go-to site for updates on the financial services re-regulation fight in Congress and for progressive net-roots campaigning against the big boys on Wall Street.” BanksterUSA.org has received $200,000 by the Open Society Institute, the charity with ties to investor George Soros. [9]

Oh how credible that this website, with ties to George Soros, is defending Obama.

lolol

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

After looking around a little bit myself it seems as if that claim originated with CNN

cockamamieideasinc.blogspot.com...

This isn't the only link but you can find more people talking about it by Googling CNN Santorum U2 fundraiser or something like that.

Regardless, it is 7 years old.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The Obama campaign told Newsmax

Oh so we are to take the journalistic beacon of fair and balanced news "Newsmax" word for it ? They are real news organisation right?

1. Here's them claiming U2 was going to play a benefit for Rick Santorum... Pooof there goes ANY credibility they had (at least for me)

Poof there goes their entire article on what "The Obama administration " "Told" newsmax

a Newsmax review of Senator Obama’s financial disclosures

Considering point 1 I made considering the total lack of credibility of newsmax, their next claim to me is pure fiction, for if their financial reviews are as wel done as their articles and so called "news" then....

The financial disclosure is a public document and Newsmax would have access to that. Why no previous disclosure on these forms for Barack and Michelle's student loans? NO response from the White House on that issue. Just bury it and it will go away.

Where did a self described poor kid get all of his money for college and associated expenses? He never really worked a real job. No stories of Barack slinging sundaes at Dairy Queen or waiting tables at Denny's to pay his way through college.
The only college job he ever described was a vague description of working a construction job one Summer. He mentioned it in his book "Dreams". That's it and the image of Obama working a construction site is hilarious. At most he cleaned the site up behind the actual carpenters and framers and would hardly make enough money to put a dent in his college tuition fund.

Remember the 2008 campaign? Obama claimed up and down that he "worked his way through school" How? One summer construction job and maybe and errand boy at a law firm one summer. Oddly, the information about the construction job came from Obama's campaign at the time. They had to reference Obama's own book to get the detail on that one job. That was the official story from the book and they were sticking to it.

So, Keep slamming Newsmax if it makes you feel better. I understand that you find amusement in these threads. As do I. If Obama had the actual loans that he bragged about why did he not disclose them as required by law? Sorry for the questions.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

reply to post by XyZeR

After looking around a little bit myself it seems as if that claim originated with CNN

cockamamieideasinc.blogspot.com...

This isn't the only link but you can find more people talking about it by Googling CNN Santorum U2 fundraiser or something like that.

Regardless, it is 7 years old.

Oh so they already lost their entire credibility back then...i see, so how can their "claims" be any more credible now?
Funny how you defend them but cry foul about the few cherry-picked sources i qouted earlier...

So, Keep slamming Newsmax

So Exposing newsmax as right wing propaganda= Slamming... sure!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

If you can point out a list of more than one "lie" repeated from CNN from 7 years ago, maybe I can take your attempt at discrediting them more seriously. Shouldn't you be attacking CNN instead?

Until then I will keep laughing at your Soros funded news sources.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
More facts
Here is Obama's 2004 disclosure statement. Note 0 Liabilities listed.

www.opensecrets.org...

The student loan debt would be listed in 2004 because the royalty advances were paid out in 2005 as noted here

www.opensecrets.org...

Wow! nice gig with Random House for a mediocre Senator with a absent voting record.

Here's the big payout in 2007
www.opensecrets.org...
edit on 20-2-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Regarding liability disclosure.

Members of Congress may have more money than most of their constituents, but sometimes this also means they have greater liabilities. Liabilities include loans, credit card debt and mortgages on properties that produce income. Congress members and top officials in the executive branch must report liabilities that total more than $10,000 at any time during the calendar year. They must mark on their disclosure form the range of values that includes the greatest amount owed during that period. Unless a politician is renting out a room in his or her primary home, or otherwise making money off it, the mortgage on their personal residence and the home's value are left off the forms.

www.opensecrets.org...

ZILCH!

Some more publicly available facts. This is Obama's official Executive Branch Disclosure Statement that he filed prior to his official run as POTUS candidate.

NOTE ZERO liablities
pfds.opensecrets.org...

The Royalties Detail
pfds.opensecrets.org...

Not bad for a book that was written in 1995. Who was Obama in 1995? No one.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The more I learn about Obama, the more questions are raised, NOT answered!

Nice job, jibeho!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Excellent exposures jib !!!

Let's see what the TruthTeamers will re-butt with on this financial bombshell

Maybe the diplomas are actually bearer bonds in disguise

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link