It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange encounter I had with unusual stranger(MiB, Time Trav?)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Is it odd to be talking about time anomolies at the same time I'm listening to Enya's song "only time"?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpockO_o
I bet a buck that the guy you bumped into is a regular nut case, Theirs this guy in front of the postal office were I live and hes there EVERY DAY Talking about the same stuff were talking about here at ATS, He might of been brainwashed or some thing by the government but he walks back and forth down the street annoying people about how the world is coming to an end and all this other non sense.

I'm just curious though, has anyone ever stopped and taken the time to listen to him? You know the only reason we think of people as "crazy" is because they deviate from the established norm in society, and for this reason alone many innocent and harmless people are locked away in "institutions". I'm not saying that this man in particular does not have a real mental disorder of some sort, but one would never know unless they take the time and simply listen.

[edit on 18-9-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hey! I'm normal, swear! It's the rest of society that is gone crazy-go-nuts!

Go Dumples!

That's exactly why I started driving a truck. i can be by myself all day to think of all kinds of normal thoughts and don't have to interact with the billions of crazies in the world

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman

Originally posted by SpockO_o
I bet a buck that the guy you bumped into is a regular nut case, Theirs this guy in front of the postal office were I live and hes there EVERY DAY Talking about the same stuff were talking about here at ATS, He might of been brainwashed or some thing by the government but he walks back and forth down the street annoying people about how the world is coming to an end and all this other non sense.

I'm just curious though, has anyone ever stopped and taken the time to listen to him? You know the only reason we think of people as "crazy" is because they deviate from the established norm in society, and for this reason alone many innocent and harmless people are locked away in "institutions". I'm not saying that this man in particular does not have a real mental disorder of some sort, but one would never know unless they take the time and simply listen.

[edit on 18-9-2004 by Jazzerman]

Nah No body bothers to listen to him, And I live in a city with a population of 30,000 And not one person listens to him.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
onlyinmydreams,

Welcome brother.

The feeling that I get from this being is that he knows you very well, at so-called 'higher' dimensions of the mind. He represents a benevolent race of beings that are very aligned with those that normally don't get involved with humanity, insofar as if a civilization in space is truly advanced, they will play by certain higher universal laws: and will therefore recognize that we as a race may perhaps not be evolved enough yet to handle official contact.

You may be a leader spiritually, I feel, who is not yet awake, yet this experience triggers a journey of awareness that affects not just yourself, but many others you meet along the way. It is, as you seem to be about to say already before even having the time to sit with it and let it settle, more than significant. It is in fact a life-changing event, seen from the future of yourself, and others. This experience of yours is quite fascinating. It's what's known as a "landmark" experience IMO. That means it will serve as a reference point for you for some time. And the 'records' the being refers to, as if we all know what these are? can also be labeled 'The Akashic Records' or as people who use their higher faculties tend to say. We all have them and can access them, psychically.

As the being who meets with you, I am from higher dimensions or levels of reality where time and the laws of physics that we accept as valid currently on Earth, are totally superceded. I am from that perspective aware of multiple timelines that you, incarnate on Earth in the year 2004, are not. Most but not all of your future probable realities involve contact with me physically, at some point. Because the mindset that you have in life is strongly determined to emphasize the 3D level of reality, and your mind is quite strong, so it must be therefore that in most of the contact scenarios, we (he and you) meet together in physical reality. The destined meeting in any other level of reality, you might write-off as being, well, "only in dreams."

Most of the other comments in this thread so far have been people processing their fears, which must happen before an actual encounter event like this, particularly as far as most people are concerned. Yet this is a leading experience--such as some already that I know of have had (as this is an area of research of mine). These sorts of events start to signal that the time is here for mass reality contact with other forms of intelligent life in the universe.

It may be mostly my POV but: this type of event really moves us forward as a civilized race in a destined evolution to the stars. The being's message of reassurance at the end? From his kind of perspective, it means that our reality is a bit like the movie 'The Matrix': only you don't have to do anything yourself, he says to you. Just see it. While, I would add maybe, events are allowed to unfold as they will!

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Collin]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

TextI'm just curious though, has anyone ever stopped and taken the time to listen to him? You know the only reason we think of people as "crazy" is because they deviate from the established norm in society, and for this reason alone many innocent and harmless people are locked away in "institutions". I'm not saying that this man in particular does not have a real mental disorder of some sort, but one would never know unless they take the time and simply listen.

where i grew up we had a local tramp called "Mad Eric"he would always hassel people for money(nothing new there then) but when ever you gave it to him hed go to the nearest phone box,dial some number and speak very quietley down the phone,at the end of the conversation he would start shouting in to the reciever and put the phone down.
(sadly) me and my immature friends found this most amusing-now i dont speak to people who clearly show signs of madness! (apart from my girlfreind)

ive had experiences with strangers that at the time seemed a little odd and it always appeared afterwards that maybe the reason was some form of intervention on a higher level,like if they hadnt stopped me might i have stepped out in front of a car or speeding vehicle and been knocked down?
how long were you delayed by this man and where were you going when he stopped you? did anything of intrest happen at any of the locations you visited later that day that you would have witnessed or been involved if you hadnt been delayed for a period of time?

Just an idea,either way intresting.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
for another example or train of thought,you said you were about to leave town,you have delayed your journey slightly because your on ATS talking about your experience,perhaps the pearson had some knowledge that you use this site and would probably post your story here,delaying your departure time just slightly? However your travelling out of town (ie car,plane,boat etc) see if you notice anything like a crash or incident you may have been involved in if you had left that little bit earlier?

Or (getting pretty far out know!!) maybe your supposed to be on here with this to delay me from something or someone else reading your thread?
Sorry-thats a bit to far fetched,or is it?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Maybe it's one of your friends that knew you were headed to the bank to cash your check playing mind games with you. A friend that knows you like ATS and stuff like that. " Here put on this funny outfit and take this silver thing with you and we'll go pull a prank on Bob before he goes on vacation, he doesn't know you. He'll be freaked out the whole trip."

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I just read OIMD's first post without reading any further post and want to make my own comment.

There are many, many ET encounter reports of people seeing humanoids, or actual human looking beings with form fitting weird jumpsuits. I don't think this had to be a man from the future. It could very well just be an ET of some sort. If you want to read up on some of these incidents, just read the reports on ufoinfo.com.

If there is a group of ETs or some other group observing the planet, they could be doing a study on humans on an individual basis. Since there is no way to gauge how far such an enigmatic group could be intertwined with our planet and surveillance of it, they could literally be watching everything you do.
Fairly paranoid idea, but who knows what is real and what isn't with the subject of conspiracy? So I don't think this guy had to be reading about OIMD through historical records of his life. Could be MIB as already noted in the subject line.

If all this is true regarding what OIMD has reported, and the guy wasn't just some random lunatic, which I am thinking he was not. Then what he said about noticing the puzzle must be something very important to these things. If only he was a bit clearer with what the puzzle actually was. Though I guess in a broad sense he was talking about conspiracy in general. Probably ETs, but its not for us to know, apparently.

Personally, I would welcome such an event yet probably be very hesitant much like OIMD since these types of things happen out of the blue. No way to prepare for something such as that. I would love to know even a small portion extra of what its all about from somebody/thing directly involved in the matter.

Questions for OIMD:

1. Is that all the strange man said? It was that brief a conversation? I noticed you typed the man was talking even before you took too much notice of him. Was he speaking English before you noticed? Also, did you notice if his mouth was moving or not? I've read in many such encounters that the witnesses will think they are engaged in a verbal exchange only later to notice that the subject they talked to did not move their lips.

2. How good are you at drawing? I have a good idea of what this guy looked like, but a drawing usually helps no matter how good an artist you are at helping others visualize smaller details. If you could just draw the general proportions of the man and his jumpsuit, how the checkered-ness of his hair looked, his strange cigar and its wrapper, and his welder glasses, I would be very grateful. Your description was good even if you don't draw anything.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Wow! If such a encounter would ever occur to me, I'd be puzzled too. The creepiest thing is that he mentionned your real name.

Since he was wearing a funny form-fitting jumpsuit, I was wondering... Seriously, what kind of shoes did he ware?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
No worries, OIMD. I believe you.

Random lunatic? Dunno possible, but some how, I doubt it. Govornment agent? I think not, especially as he was dressed, he would attract too much attention, plus, that checkerboard hair?
\
He could have been some old punk dude from way back, maybe. But I doubt he would know your name.

I am wondering about either time travel or alien from elsewhere. But I feel you. Id be totaly blown/spooked by such an encounter.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well, I'm back from my trip.

Since several people had questions I'll try to put my answers together in one post. I'm sorry if it seems like I am ignoring individual members... I am not. I'm just trying to put this together in a way that's easy to read.

Some people have brought up the similarities between this event and the initiation phase of a spiritual journey. I feel that I have to say, emphatically, that I do not believe that I have embarked on some new spiritual path -- And I am certainly not a reluctant enlightened master. Though I, as someone who has studied anthropology, literature, and religion in college, acknowledge that this encounter had similarities with passages from literature where an errant knight meets a 'white wizzard' who introduces them to some unseen world, I do not feel that this event was what you could call a spiritual initiation. If anything, I felt that the atmosphere of the moment was more akin to an abstract, almost mathematical puzzle than anything that might be considered mystical or 'special'. I did not feel like this was a transcendental moment... rather, I felt like a student who has just been handed a list of algebra problems by their math teacher. The scene was one of puzzlement, not of religious transformation.

Which brings us to the issue of 'crazyness'.... Before I offered up the Time travel and MIB explanations as just... well... an offering. I really had no idea what this man was. But, taking all ATS style explanations aside, let's just look at the event itself: Even if this guy really was just a delusional man who was muttering strange things, does it make his comments any less puzzling/interesting? Yes, I've encountered many people with mental issues in my life... and I don't worry about things they say... however this was a case where, presuming it just was a disturbed individual, there was something about what he said that 'hooked' me for a moment. that is, even if he was just a 'nut', he managed to say something that at least sounded profound... which is interesting in and of itself, I believe.

But was this some sort of trick, as someone brought up above? A way to discredit me? Well... That would be a lot of work for only a marginal pay off. Even if someone who didn't like me could show that I thought this weird man was some sort of paranormal figure, my guess is that most disinterested third parties would understand my impressions if they had seen film of this encounter that had been secretly taped from the bushes.

As for the ET thing... I've been reading and posting about UFO/alien issues for a long time and am familiar with a variety of CE3 issues. My interest stems from a possible encounter from childhood with an ET. That being said, I did npt detect anything 'non-human' about this person. They spoke with their mouth and had all the features you would expect of a person... except for the weird checkerboard hair. I do not believe this was an ET experience (some might argue that my CE3 from childhood indicates that I am 'fantasy prone' and so made this up. Well... though I do not feel that this is the case that is a legitimate point to make).

Some details that didn't fit in elsewhere: No, I didn't see any badges or logos on his outfit. The little machine didn't look like a voice recorder. He spoke English... the reason i didn't understand him at first was because I wasn't prepared to listen to him.

I hope this answers some of the questions that have been brought up over the last few days while I've been gone. If i missed something, please feel free to post your question again.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
I found your story extremely creepy. Because I believe it.

It could be:
1) "Time traveller" who has accessed your "records" -- perhaps these records are of something you are to write & publish in the future (think about it)
2) Extra-dimensional being or entity (in the order of aliens & MIBs) who accessed your "records" (your thoughts).

BTW, it is a sign of the hearty state of your mental health that you reacted to this incident in a calm, reasoned manner. It will probably encourage them to communicate with you more, because you don't freak out.

Yes, I have considered the idea that, by 'records', he meant 'thoughts'. There's nothing I can do to prove or disprove that, however. And... claiming that strange men can read your thoughts is bound to send you to a padded room somewhere

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
i remember once i was in the emergency room of a hospital in brisbane waiting for my girfriend. A girl came in with a nasty gash on her foot. She was drunk as a skunk and got the directions the nurse gave her all wrong and made a strait b line 4 me i told her the mistake she made and she stagered away.
about two weeks later i was at a rave and who should i see but the same girl out the front of the rave running around bare foot and tripping off her nut.
iv'e gone running up to her and give her a big rev telling her that if she didn't go home and put some shoes on i would make sure her other foot would end up cut twice as bad.
the girl looked at me in shear astonishment she didn't remember me from the hospital.
As i ran of i told her there are no accidents in this world. he he he

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
function BeginRant()
[
while (readers=bored,rant++)
[

Or (getting pretty far out know!!) maybe your supposed to be on here with this to delay me from something or someone else reading your thread?

Call me silly but that is a perfectly reasonable possibility. I strongly believe that things happen for a reason. Our fate is determined, TO A DEGREE, however we can still change it through freedom of choice. Some examples are:

1) When my mum's parents died (almost exactly 4years apart), on both occasions, just before she got the call to say they had passed away, there was a clap of thunder, even though there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Coincidence?

2) My father tried to get a transfer north for years with no luck. His parents become ill, and within a week the transfer goes through.

3) For years I have been saying I don't want to look for my birth parents untill I've got a fulltime job and made something of myself to make them proud. A few weeks ago I decided to just take the plunge and stop making excuses...two days later my boss called me in to talk with him and I will be put on fulltime very soon, in addition to a few on the side jobs that popped up out of nowhere.

4) If I hadn't met my first gf when I did, moved to melbourne, gone through all the horrible experiences I had, decided to move back with my parents and resume my studies, I would have never met the next gf, and if it wasn't for the experiences I had in Melbourne we would have never had anything in common with each other. To add another weird twist to the story, over time I came to realise that I had actually been sending messages to this girl (who used various nicknames during this period, thus i though it was a different person) for roughly 18months, all of them ignored. For some reason, I just so happen to be online on the ONE night when she decided to look for people that lived locally, and you can imagine the rest. Ok so it didn't end with "and they lived happily ever after", but I did learn alot from my time with her, things that I would never had learnt if I hadn't.

5) Through another sheer coincidence, by the time I actually met my first gf, I had already known literally all members of the last three generations of her family. Neither of us picked up on this untill we'd been together for roughly 2months. It was like some invisible force was slowly but gradually steering me towards her.

Think of every experience you've ever had in your life. I bet no matter how bad that experience is, if you follow the events that occured after it (ie: Event 'C" wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for event 'b', and event 'b' wouldn't have happened if i had actually ended up attenting/doing event 'a' as i'd planned. etc), I bet you will find the path will end at a point where something good, happy or profound occurs in your life, or ends with you learning a good lesson, which then leads to another event which you can look back on as "good", or "exactly what you needed' and so on and so forth.
]
]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Onlyinyourdreams:

The eyes and features were normal, though he did have a slight scar on his nose

Oh.... I FORGOT to say that he was wearing sunglasses. They weren't square of wraparounds... they were almsot like welder's glasses (bent back like a wraparound, but circular and perfectly black).

= fiction

Now say sorry

[edit on 23-9-2004 by Romeo]

SMR

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I just came across something interesting.
I was reading the guest forum and read one of the Michael Horn posts.
Located HERE In an answer to a question,I saw this,,,,,,

2.) some ET theories say that "aliens" created us (and our souls) so (based on these theories) what can i expect when i die (where will i go)???

MH: The Plejaren teachings state that the immortal aspect, the human spirit, goes into the �beyond�, an etheric realm wherein it assimilates the lessons and experiences of the previous incarnation and rests before entering into the next incarnation. The personality, which we may associate with the �I� and/or ego sense we have, is said to dissolve after physical death. In each new incarnation a new personality is formed but the reservoir of our experiences, knowledge and understanding that is contained within the human spirit remain accessible to us, sometimes only unconsciously as we develop ourselves in the new life, and sometimes more advanced people may learn how to access these attributes either from their spirit or from the Akashic records, which contain every thought, word and deed every generated, experienced or expressed by any and all of the inhabitants of the planet that it is associated with.

I quickly noticed:
sometimes more advanced people may learn how to access these attributes either from their spirit or from the Akashic records, which contain every thought, word and deed every generated, experienced or expressed by any and all of the inhabitants of the planet that it is associated with.

Could this be the 'RECORDS' he spoke of?
Could he have had access to these records by someway.Maybe he 'tapped' into your records or you gave him permission in a 'previous life'.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
i would have followed the guy....i've done it before [i like non-hostile wierdos]. once i went on a rather long walk before the wierdo i was trailing finally went into a house; i had been seeing this person doing all kinds of screwball things on the NY subway before this & having nothing better to do i decided to just trail him. although there was a train station a couple of blocks from the house he had gotten OFF the train about seven stations earlier [on the same line] and walked at least 30-35 minutes....i think he did this every day.

i'm usually not looking for trouble but i'd love to have more of this guy in the jumpsuit ["BACK TO THE FUTURE", anyone?]....hopefully that silver thing with the lights didn't shoot 100 thousand volts.

[edit on 24-9-2004 by victor was right]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

The eyes and features were normal, though he did have a slight scar on his nose.

originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Oh.... I FORGOT to say that he was wearing sunglasses. They weren't square of wraparounds... they were almsot like welder's glasses (bent back like a wraparound, but circular and perfectly black)

Ok I will point out the obvious, since no-one else picked it up, sorry to sound skeptical BUT... You noticed his eyes and even noticed a scar, but failed to mention until later some welders type glasses, dont know about any one else but that would have been one of the first things i noticed if i had seen someone like that. Sorry but when you add things to a story later and contradict yourself , you leave yourself wide open. This makes no sense whatsoever, No reason for contact? no point! period. Dont take this personally but this feels like a story to me.

arghhh romeo you beat me to it
lol but you saw the same thing as me

[edit on 24-9-2004 by Mindsmog]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
You noticed his eyes and even noticed a scar, but failed to mention until later some welders type glasses, dont know about any one else but that would have been one of the first things i noticed if i had seen someone like that.

onlyinmydreams, It would also seem difficult to judge the eye features on someone wearing black welders type glasses.. Are you sure you remember this correctly...maybe that cigar shaped thing did do something to your memory..
?

[edit on 24-9-2004 by Durden]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join