It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
2012? most people believe its coming and most people probably hope it does but have we really seen any sign of it?i think not......surely if this year is the end of everything then we would see some sign already.....more earthquakes,more volcanic eruptions if thats the way w,er going to go,nothing major has happened in the last few months,more happened last year to this date,if 2012 is rite then way things r going its going to be an instant disaster cause we rn,t seeing anything thats showing anything diffrent from year to year.

Unlike on the UFO forum, you are right here. There is nothing to suggest scheduled event as things dont happen on human schedule if they are natural, do they? (But I usually provoke things when I say they wont happen so I say it just in case). The thing that happens is Earth is going through some processes - tectonics, volcanic activity, weather changes, so what for sure you will see is more disasters - and bigger magnitudes.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Imtor, the only really increasing disaster right now is floods due to human actions such as building in flood zones, construction, and deforestation.

The increasing human population means more people are affected.

Storms might increase due to climate change.

Quakes and volcanoes are not changing.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
(pick your favorite):
1. higher dimension
2. faster frequency
3. alternate dimension
4. 12 strand DNA
5. quantum leap

I choose "quantum leap". That just sounds so far out.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Floodings today happen as a result of the weather - lots of snow, it melts, rivers go out of the banks. In some cases as it happened around here, they may break a poorly constructed dam and flood villages and towns and take victims.

Earthquakes have an increased occurance and the number of disasters overall has an increase, the weather also marks a faster change than decades ago.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Floodings today happen as a result of the weather - lots of snow, it melts, rivers go out of the banks. In some cases as it happened around here, they may break a poorly constructed dam and flood villages and towns and take victims.

Earthquakes have an increased occurance and the number of disasters overall has an increase, the weather also marks a faster change than decades ago.

River floodings occur because more water enters a river channel than the channel can hold. More water runs off today because the ground holds less due to man made issues such as deforestation, construction, and people moving into flood zones as population pressures force people to use unsafe zones.

Earthquakes are not increasing.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Disasters increase as population increases. A volcanic eruption in an uninhabited area is not a disaster. A volcano that affects air traffic is. The size of the eruptions is immaterial. Disasters will continue to increase as a function of population growth.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What are you trying to say, that there is no effect of snow melting? Huge amounts of snow melting can cause serious floods where there are rivers,enough to make disasters and flood towns/cities and cause the death of people. That's exactly what happened to two of our rivers. Are you arguing just for the sake of arguing?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

edit on 28-2-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hello all,
I understand that there is much controversy as to the outcome of 2012. There has been much dispute on wether this December marks the end of human kind, or instead presents the opportunity for a new beginning. Upon researching this topic online I found an interesting PDF file on "The Truth of 2012," written by the same man, Adrian Cooper, who wrote "Our Ultimate Universe." (Quite an interesting book, for all you Spiritual seekers out there!) Here it is: www.ourultimatereality.com...
I hope that this contributes to your discussion.
Bless,
N0stalgia

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

What are you trying to say, that there is no effect of snow melting? Huge amounts of snow melting can cause serious floods where there are rivers,enough to make disasters and flood towns/cities and cause the death of people. That's exactly what happened to two of our rivers. Are you arguing just for the sake of arguing?

I am well aware of snow melt floods. That is the reason for a number of dams on the Colorado river in the US. I am including the snow melt run and rain floods as river floods to differentiate them from storm surges and tsunamis which also cause floods.

The increase in floods due to precipitation, snow or rain, hail, or sleet is due to humans. That has been established through studies of flood records over time.

The following link is to a page that I believe is somewhat dated and only covers the US. It shows a decline in deaths, but an increase in property damage.
sciencepolicy.colorado.edu...

Another more recent article
www.ucar.edu...

In the following note that:
www.ussartf.org...

Urban Flooding
As land is converted from fields or woodlands to roads or parking lots, it loses its ability to absorb rainfall. Urbanization increases runoff 2 to 6 times over what would occur on natural terrain. During periods of urban flooding, streets can become swift moving rivers, while basements can become death traps as they fill with water.

A more recent study on flooding
www.physorg.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by n0stalgia

Now it is not only the Classic Maya that have attached great significance to this date or year, but either directly or indirectly so too have
other cultures, both ancient and contemporary, a fact that cannot
overlooked and must have a deeper, more profound meaning.

The first page makes this claim. It is not true. The ancient attached no significance to the date. It is mentioned just once and with no predictions or prophecies. No other ancient cultures mention that date. The date became important only after 1984 when the GMT correlation was worked out.

By page 5 and 6 we get to the Tortuergo stela. More recent work by Mayanists is discussed int he following link.
haecceities.wordpress.com...

on page 8

Does Nibiru exist? I do not know. It is certainly possible, but I doubt it - at least in terms of how Nibiru is portrayed which may well be a misunderstanding or mistranslation of the Sumerian records or myths from where it was mentioned.

We know today that no planet can exist with the properties given Nibiru. We also know that the Sumerians did not use the word Nibiru. The first to use it were the Akkadians.

on page 9

This Solar Maximum is predicted to peak at the end of 2012, going in to 2013.

Long before this document was published the solar maximum had been predicted for 2013, not 2012.

on page 10

Well actually Mayanists believe that they know the answer to this question in broad terms, even though they may not understand the significance and/or consequences.
It is thought that the Maya were observing a cosmic process known as the "Galactic Alignment" which may be broadly defined as "the alignment of the December Solstice Sun with Galactic Equator, or Galactic Centre.

Mayanists do not think this. That would be impossible since the Maya did not know about galaxies. They thought the Milky Way was a road. They did not even great a glyph for the Milky Way.
haecceities.wordpress.com...

There are also claims about the Sahara drying abruptly 1baktun ago
Not according to this recent article
www.sciencedaily.com...

the model led to the conclusion that the desertification of North Africa began abruptly 5,440 years ago (+/- 30 years). Before that time, the Sahara was covered by annual grasses and low shrubs, as evidenced by fossilized pollen.

The transition to today's arid climate was not gradual, but occurred in two specific episodes. The first, which was less severe, occurred between 6,700 and 5,500 years ago. The second, which was brutal, lasted from 4,000 to 3,600 years ago. Summer temperatures increased sharply, and precipitation decreased, according to carbon-14 dating. This event devastated ancient civilizations and their socio-economic systems.

I didn't finish the article. There were enough major mistakes to get me to stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join