It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD monitored Muslim students all over Northeast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

NYPD monitored Muslim students all over Northeast

news.yahoo.com

NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Police Department monitored Muslim college students far more broadly than previously known, at schools far beyond the city limits, including the elite Ivy League colleges of Yale and the University of Pennsylvania, The Associated Press has learned.

Police talked with local authorities about professors 300 miles (480 kilometers) away in Buffalo and even sent an undercover agent on a whitewater rafting trip, where he recorded students' names and noted in police intelligence files how many times they prayed.

Detectives trawled Muslim student websites every da
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It looks like the NYPD has become a "nationwide" department ?

They have been "monitoring" Muslim students in schools out of City, and out of State.

Some recent sotries have said they even got help from federal agencies for special projects, and may have gotten some special equipment.

I wonder if they got warrents in those far away places, and how the authority was presented to local courts.

Very disturbing to say the least.

Perhaps they even had City police infiltrate some of the college campus student organizations ?

Could they have even had an undercover agent inside the Yale Skull & Crossbones club ?

Some may say civil rights have been violated.

Does the NYPD have constitutional authority with this activity ?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
As much as I would like to call this "Unbelievable," I have no actual trouble believing any of it.

A part that struck me as specifically interesting was "Though the NYPD says it follows the same rules as the FBI, some of the NYPD's activities go beyond what the FBI is allowed to do.." Wait, what? What the hell?

And still, there are people all over the US who believe that nothing is wrong...
edit on 18-2-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whipfather
As much as I would like to call this "Unbelievable," I have no actual trouble believing any of it.

A part that struck me as specifically interesting was "Though the NYPD says it follows the same rules as the FBI, some of the NYPD's activities go beyond what the FBI is allowed to do.." Wait, what? What the hell?

And still, there are people all over the US who believe that nothing is wrong...
edit on 18-2-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

A bit of an oxymoron perhaps !!

Makes us wonder if NYC other big cities are "participating" in some kind of secret undercover Federal program.

Maybe some conflicting State/Federal laws have created some convenient loopholes ?

Perhaps they are "watching" other groups as well. Hmmm.

edit on Feb-18-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
So, basically, we have Freedom of Religion..as long as your religion is approved. Got it. I'm a Christian...but this bugs the hell outta me!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Is this suppose to be surprising? All of us are being monitored and watched. News Flash! Civil Rights and Civil Liberties? What is that? Has anyone heard of the Patriot Act or the NDAA? Everyone has been so busy destroying the country for their own gain. As went the country so went our rights and freedoms. Get a clue people. ALL of US were declared the enemy and they are out to get US ALL. This isn't a conspiracy theory this is a conspiracy fact.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

Is this suppose to be surprising? All of us are being monitored and watched. News Flash! Civil Rights and Civil Liberties? What is that? Has anyone heard of the Patriot Act or the NDAA? Everyone has been so busy destroying the country for their own gain. As went the country so went our rights and freedoms. Get a clue people. ALL of US were declared the enemy and they are out to get US ALL. This isn't a conspiracy theory this is a conspiracy fact.

Other than air travel where, please tell me,where have your rights been taken? Other than what you have heard from conservative msm and other media sources such as Glen Beck and Alex Jones and the like. Show me a single FEMA camp where common US citizens are being worked to poor health and then taken to a gas chamber. Please I just ask you to show me where you are being spied on.
You seem to be way more worried than the citizens of NYC where their Mayor is an elected official.
I hope you plan to protest the $.50per,gal, gasoline hike over last week. Did you know that those Muslim countries in question subsidize gasoline prices? Will you equally protest our great nation do the same?

seems we could be worried a little more about our Nation and let the Citizens of NYC worry about NYC
edit on 18-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

seems we could be worried a little more about our Nation and let the Citizens of NYC worry about NYC

The rest of us should be worried about NYC when NYC seems to be reaching out of NYC. What they're doing is profiling people who haven't been accused of any crimes. It's kind of a guilty until proven innocent type of thing they've got going on. That should worry us all, even if we're not in the affected group. It'll be us one day. Heck, it probably already is us.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh

The rest of us should be worried about NYC when NYC seems to be reaching out of NYC. What they're doing is profiling people who haven't been accused of any crimes. It's kind of a guilty until proven innocent type of thing they've got going on. That should worry us all, even if we're not in the affected group. It'll be us one day. Heck, it probably already is us.

seems with all the profiling being done there are no buildings collapsing and no IED's exploding in the streets, Ever stop at the airport in Kuwait? Seen all the pock mark in the concrete from heavy machine gun fire? Ever walk down the streets of Riyadh and talk bad about that government. Nobody does that, they die if they do. People that say they are loosing their freedoms in this country have never been out of this country.
When you get back you will agree, Profile away.

The freedoms you are loosing you are giving away....Deny Ignorance!!!
seems the people using the term sheeple are the ones saying the same things over and over because someone else said it first and it sounded like a good argument. Nothing original there and 2nd person saying something is just a mouth piece...think about it

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Wasn't Al Awaki a student at one point here? Man what could have been avoided if people would have just payed attention...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

As went the country so went our rights and freedoms. Get a clue people. ALL of US were declared the enemy and they are out to get US ALL. This isn't a conspiracy theory this is a conspiracy fact.

Sounds like a conspiracy to me

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I wonder who my monitor is, he must get really worried sometimes.
always having to ask his superiors whether or not they can move in yet

I wouldn't know it I suppose, but I mean, if they weren't looking my way once in awhile i'd start to wonder what their jobs are exactly. framing people comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If government/officials could murder thousands of innocent new yorkers (many, many of them were Muslims and virtually none of them happened to be Jewish on that day) 11 years, ago...

imagine what they are capable NEXT!

And of course they are out busy harassing the 'underdog' minority of the northeast looking for more scapegoats.

Historically, the northeast is heavily Jewish citizens and Italian cop backgrounds, no?

Hmmmmm

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by redrose123

As went the country so went our rights and freedoms. Get a clue people. ALL of US were declared the enemy and they are out to get US ALL. This isn't a conspiracy theory this is a conspiracy fact.

Sounds like a conspiracy to me

no it sounds like a Cliche.
and more and more too many people are saying the same words

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Historically, the northeast is heavily Jewish citizens and Italian cop backgrounds, no?

are you playing a race card here? Kill the Kike, kill the Wop? is...this... what...you...are...saying? are you playing a race card here?
edit on 19-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
And maybe let's not forget,

ASSASSINATION of Muslim-American teens has already began months ago:

10/20/11

Two weeks after the U.S. killed American citizen Anwar Awlaki with a drone strike in Yemen — far from any battlefield and with no due process — it did the same to his 16-year-old son, Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, ending the teenager's life on Friday along with his 17-year-old cousin and seven other people.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The problem is what exactly?

Obviously , you have not read reports of defectors from Iran and the Majhaden on how easily and openly they operate within Europe and America. All in the name of "political correctness".
edit on 19-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

reply to post by ignant

Kill the Kike, kill the Wop?

my point Exactly. apparently officials are,

since they are profiling muslims,

as opposed to the "other" semites, etc.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Wasn't Al Awaki a student at one point here? Man what could have been avoided if people would have just payed attention...

What did Al-Awlaki do exactly?

I know he allegedly became a talking head.

I know he ran his mouth, quite retarded like....

I know he was convicted and sentenced to a horrible death without a trial.....

But I must say if hate speech and rhetoric stirring up potential violence is a crime punishable by trial-less death, a lot of people on CNN comment boards should drop dead, daily.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The Patriot Act, it's not just for breakfast anymore.

2nd line

top topics

<<   2 >>

join