It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima: Possibility of reactor 2 to have gone 200℃

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
They blame a faulty thermostat. Yeah, right! I'm not buyin' what they're (Tepco) is sellin'. There is lots of siesmic activity in the Eastern Japan region today. I just want to know the truth! MSM has been ignoring this for a long time but the situation in Fukushima simmers. Or has it boiled over????

fukushima-diary.com...

More water is being pumped into reactor 2, unbeknownst to us laymen/laywomen [sic?].

fukushima-diary.com...

RSOE site doesn't give details on the new HAZMAT scenario at Fukushima.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Sumfin still going on.

Please, just the truth and answers!

edit on 18-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I can almost imagine the bumbling arguments of engineers and managers in my head...

"Water cannot be 200 C because water boil at 100 C, therefore water cannot be 200 C..."

and similar things. This is like a Chess-player's Chernobyl. Chernobyl just went boom and that was it, this little bugger seems to be building up for a ghastly finale.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This will go on for sone time yet..................the #2 reactor has been heating up gradually for some time....
It was just 90 last week and 70 before that....
200 sounds like super heated steam......
When sge blows itll destroy the reactor containment.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFO1414
They blame a faulty thermostat. Yeah, right! I'm not buyin' what they're (Tepco) is sellin'. There is lots of siesmic activity in the Eastern Japan region today. I just want to know the truth! MSM has been ignoring this for a long time but the situation in Fukushima simmers. Or has it boiled over????

fukushima-diary.com...

More water is being pumped into reactor 2, unbeknownst to us laymen/laywomen [sic?].

fukushima-diary.com...

RSOE site doesn't give details on the new HAZMAT scenario at Fukushima.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Sumfin still going on.

Please, just the truth and answers!

edit on 18-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

I really feel sorry for the Japanese. They won't get a break, that's insane! And that "everything's fine" attitude from the government and MSM's part is getting annoying, everyone knows it's not fine, why keep up the lie until people start dying again? And even then they will distort the truth arguing this isn't so bad as it appears. Classic...
edit on 18-2-2012 by paulorf86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I Have to disagree, Standard tap water and drinking water will boil away at 100C. But if you pressurize it, its boiling point Increases.

Chernobyl and Fukushima are two completely different Breeds of reactor, not to mention the circumstances leading up to the meltdowns. Chernobyl was a RBMK Reactor "High Power Channel-type Reactor" while Fukushima is a BWR (Boiling water reactor), Both reactors have completely different characteristics when faced with the same Scenario. Although ultimately the outcome is the same.
edit on 18-2-2012 by Pegasus2000 because: Added content

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by UFO1414

I can almost imagine the bumbling arguments of engineers and managers in my head...

"Water cannot be 200 C because water boil at 100 C, therefore water cannot be 200 C..."

and similar things. This is like a Chess-player's Chernobyl. Chernobyl just went boom and that was it, this little bugger seems to be building up for a ghastly finale.

Fun Fact -- water can be 200 C if it is in a sealed container -- that is why the water in your cars radiator can reach 240. Water can also boil far before 100C which is why it is harder to make tea in the rockies -- boiling point is a function of pressure.
edit on 18-2-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Next time I'll be sure to wave the sarcasm flag more vigorously. 2 people telling me water can't be more than 100 C in one night, I must be slipping.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Sorry missed the flag.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by paulorf86

I just watched a video the other day on youtube where an interpreter/english translater was interviewing people near Fukushima. He was relaying a story told of one woman who had to seek psychological help once she moved her child out of a Fukushima area school to one much further away because of harassment and bullying she was receiving because she "ran away" from Fukushima. The people there were even saying it was safer to buy groceries closer to(but outside of) the Fukushima zone, because people (and store managers) took food safety very seriously. They said the father away the stores were from Fukushima, the more they were packed with food products from the Fukushima area ( and people were even buying and demanding it to "support Fukushima economy"). The people's pride and lack of knowledge, who lived much further away from Fukushima, were put far, far above actual food safety. Basically, the grocery stores closest to Fukushima were ordering their food from the farthest regions away from Fukushima, while the farther regions were stocking their shelves with food from the Fukushima area. That is some twisted (messed up) irony!
How freakin sad!
edit on 19-2-2012 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
"In my Opinion" this Problem is overrated,
because only the Status of the "Cold Shut-Down" would be affected
and we all know that this Status (of a Cold Shut-Down) is a Tepco-Phrase only!

The Primary Containment Vessel can stand much, much higher Temperatures,
so Daijobu desu/ no Problem

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
They arent taking the temperature of the water the are measuring the temperature of the steel at the bottom of the RPV using a Thermocouple witch get a temperature from testing the electric conductivity of a know metal.

top topics

join