It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE explosion from Sakurajima Volcano!WOW!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It's still active today, but I have had problems with the feed constantly freezing, so haven't been able to record much. There have been all kinds of flashes of light etc...pretty cool stuff. I'll keep trying when I can. It's putting on quite a show! Even during the night hours, it looks like daylight around it....it should be just around daybreak there now....I'm going back to check it out and maybe catch something. If I do, I'll post it.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Over the last few days there's been a definite upsure in volcanoes in the Pacific showing increased activity!

Tinakula in the Soloman Islands

Mount Kanaga in the Aleutians

Mount Gamalama in Indonesia

It's going to be an interesting year, for sure!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by safetymeeting

I noticed the face also

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I will repost this a it seems no one saw it or commented

She had 996 eruptions last year - this is nothing new!

Originally posted by berkeleygal

Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012

Sakurajima hits 996-eruption high
Kyodo
KAGOSHIMA — Mount Sakurajima, an active volcano in Kagoshima Prefecture, explosively erupted 996 times in 2011, the most since record-keeping began in 1955, the local meteorological observatory said.

At the 800-meter-high Showa crater, which erupted in June 2006 for the first time in 58 years, 994 eruptions were observed last year. Two eruptions were observed at the Minamidake vent, which is at an elevation of about 1,000 meters, the Kagoshima Meteorological Observatory said Sunday.

Mount Sakurajima's previous record for eruptions was 474 in 1985. But after erupting 548 times in 2009 and 896 times in 2010, its most recent string of eruptions means the record has been broken for three consecutive years.

The Meteorological Agency defines an explosive eruption as one accompanied by an explosive release of gas, ash or rock.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

That's like 3 times a day.. Guarantee that if you are patient you will see an eruption.
Sakurajima is a very young volcano (in geologic terms).
Let's wait and see if she will break her own record in 2012

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

It's strange you should wonder that because, when I first saw the explosion, something said "Bomb" to me..

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It was NOT a bomb!

Get real people, sheesh!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You should read what people post.
He Said "Dream"...

and the othere one said some one else said bomb.
so Stop having a go at people for some thing they did not say.

Originally posted by berkeleygal
It was NOT a bomb!

Get real people, sheesh!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This is why I don't talk much to humanity if anyone even bloody bothered to READ!!! my dream/whatever it was. You will see I was reliving an event and then after FUKISHIMA there was an eruption. God the people these days and you wonder why bad things are happening. Many of you still do not get it that we are weak cause we are just a 1 arrow. This is why they are doing this and get away cause when we are individually we are weak but together we have a bond stronger then anything ever known.

Also what made me wonder more is who the old man was. Note to self never post anything again regarding my so called trips with that old man.

Also READ!!! before you say anything. In the thread I stated and I quote

So after Tokyo the old fellow took me to a different place as I stand there I hear a sudden explosion and a mushroom cloud showed up. Meh I didn't pay any attention at all until he said that was Fukushima I said impossible cause come on that's just a dream and Fukushima already happened so I was thinking me dream be replaying memories. What followed next was something very very odd I was near a volcanic region of Japan and suddenly things got so wacky I had no clue what was going on. A volcano went off everyone scattered I just stood there thinking scratching my manly beard as to what are the odds of a nuclear event setting off a volcano

This is why I do not share my information with people only a select few who I really really trust. Anyway I am off ATS again cause clearly this was the wrong move on my behalf. The old man insisted on it so I posted it anyway cya
edit on 19-2-2012 by The Magicians Apprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
All things are actually amped up by them, they're causing all the disasters now, and blaming it on the solar, sun and carbon. Its all their doing. Underwater Nukes, Nukes and Haarp!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Always enjoy seeing those, from a distance.

Great vid

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Last year around April (I think it was...) SakuraJima was super-active, but whenever I watched video of it there were these strange illuminated areas on and around the mountain. Lots of people claimed they were UFO's (well I certainly couldn't identify them...THAT DOES NOT SAY I THOUGHT IT WAS ALIENS!!!) and some thought vehicles, although who would be driving around on an active volcano is beyond me. I even saw it fleetingly mentioned on a volcanology website I have since forgotten the name of... Anyway, has anybody seen what I'm talking about lately?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverkiss

Sakurajima did erupt 996 times last year.

On this cam
www.opentopia.com...
in the early evening and just before dawn you can see the cars on the road at the bottom of the volcano. I tell ya, I would not be driving on that road at anytime :-)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think those are cars too....but I do see these blue flashes from time to time....I think those are just some form of lightning.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Please everyone.....there was no bomb or aliens or government powers involved. This volcano is very active, and I just happened to catch a good boom....all natural

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Yeah that's exactly what I thought, some kind of weird lightning discharge. I've seen red bolts of lightning in the ash clouds of a couple of volcanoes and for there to be something like ball lightning associated with eruptions isn't too great a stretch. Consider it wasn't until the nineties that science began to hear about the strange upper atmospheric lightning pilots were seeing but not talking publicly about!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverkiss

It happens a lot. I saw a lightning bolt in one of the eruptions of Etna. It's awesome....when volcanoes erupt, they have so much energy they actually CREATE weather around them. I have also seen the ash clouds start to rotate and actually become a sort of tornado. That's why I love them....no two eruptions are ever the same. It's fascinating!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
That was so awesome! Amazing how beautiful MotherEarth can be. Yea!!!! My first post.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Dear ATS society.
I just saw another black column of smoke erupt on the live feed here I showed it to my grandmother as well she is up in her age and she did say 'Oh the end of the world is upon us.' But I don't put too much weight on that statement. Is that glowing lave we could see on the right side of the mountain, below the smoke? I have read something about volcanoes, is this one opening new vents as a sign of new (catastrophic?) activity? All in all this eruption looks rather awesome right now. I wish we had volcanoes near Moscow.

I'm recording it since a day ago with my VLC. I do hope I can find a tool to accelerate the video and make a time-lapse. I'll upload it on YouTube and link the video here when I can find a free video acceleration tool. (AVS Video Editor hangs up on me.)

From gloomy Russia with Love.

Edit1:

Darn, that is a lot of smoke and possibly ash. Such a marvelous sight to behold! I bet it would all rush down the mountainside quickly in some form of avalanche, or maybe a lava lahar? Exciting, I can barely sit still in my chair!
edit on 21/2/2012 by RumET because: Added some excitement thoughts.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RumET
Dear ATS society.
I just saw another black column of smoke erupt on the live feed here I showed it to my grandmother as well she is up in her age and she did say 'Oh the end of the world is upon us.' But I don't put too much weight on that statement. Is that glowing lave we could see on the right side of the mountain, below the smoke? I have read something about volcanoes, is this one opening new vents as a sign of new (catastrophic?) activity? All in all this eruption looks rather awesome right now. I wish we had volcanoes near Moscow.

I'm recording it since a day ago with my VLC. I do hope I can find a tool to accelerate the video and make a time-lapse. I'll upload it on YouTube and link the video here when I can find a free video acceleration tool. (AVS Video Editor hangs up on me.)

From gloomy Russia with Love.

Edit1:

Darn, that is a lot of smoke and possibly ash. Such a marvelous sight to behold! I bet it would all rush down the mountainside quickly in some form of avalanche, or maybe a lava lahar? Exciting, I can barely sit still in my chair!
edit on 21/2/2012 by RumET because: Added some excitement thoughts.

It looks like something is happening now. I'm not an expert in any way on volcanoes but it looks like there is now what appears to be white smoke (ash) coming out of the cap of the volcano. It has almost fully covered the top of it almost making it look like a mountain with snow on top. I'm sorry if my words are a little messed up, I'm trying to type and watch at the same time.

Somebody get this volcano some lotion. All joking aside, I hope if it erupts the people below have time to get to safety. Why people build towns around volcanoes (and people actually move into these towns) is a mystery to me.

Edit: Yes, I do realize that some communities live even closer to volcanoes, I was speaking in general.

edit on 21-2-2012 by PeopleOfEarth because: (no reason given)

Edit2: I guess I shouldn't have said something is happening NOW as it has been doing this for awhile. I see people saying "View came 3" could someone explain how you can switch cams? I know how to switch to an entire different area or a different location but I don't see an option to view a different cam on this particular volcano.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Relax

She's in normal mode

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join