It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE explosion from Sakurajima Volcano!WOW!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

A beautiful example of the amazing power that lies beneath our feet. I'm just glad it's through the monitor I watch this and not my window.

To all of Japan, be safe.

Thank you for sharing this.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm off to work, so if anyone can....keep an eye on it and maybe you can catch the next big one. You can download the BB Flashback Express Recorder for free....that's what I use. This volcano has been very active, and I think there is more to come. I'll try to catch some more tomorrow if I can. Have a good night all

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

That's what I feel like after eating a lot of Mexican food with a lot of hot sauce.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
That's just awesome... till the mountain caught fire. How far is the camera from the actual eruption?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
And yet again, berkeleygal misses out because she was sleeping! Think I will stop sleeping LOL!

Thanks Kat!!! Next time you have a premonition she's gonna blow send me a message

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by safetymeeting

At first, I thought you might be crazy, but there it is at :33 It is as clear as a bell to me...great catch...star 4 u

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, it looks incredible. Scary, but incredible.

I hope you, your family and your friends are all safe.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
webcam-svo2.pr.kyoto-u.ac.jp...
controllable camera link

www.opentopia.com...
view from Tarumizu

edit on 18-2-2012 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

If it were me i wouldn't be standing close enough to see that thing. Lava is the last thing in the world you want splashed on you, well thats the second thing. The first thing i wouldn't want splahed on me is those volkswagon beetle sized meteors volcanoes have a tendency to cough up.

When it exploded, it kinda reminded me of when i'm sleeping at night and stomach acid erupts up into my nose at night.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The common Nuke in the Volcano premonition/ vision, Leaked insider knowledge is for Mt Fuji.

I dont think this was a nuke....

Edit: I also dont think the Nuking Mt Fuji plan is going to occur anymore. Dissidence within the dark cabal ranks and whatnow
edit on 18-2-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Incredible images... nature at it's most beautiful, yet deadly...

You have to feel for the people of Japan... seems like every 3 months or so an unbelievable event takes place there...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

StealthyKat,
This is an absolutely beautiful capture and great video! What awesome timing you have to catch that so perfectly! Nature is beautiful..
Thank you so much for sharing this great video with us!
p.s. I love your cat eyes signature..

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Really neat looking, Just would not want to live nearby.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I have been watching this volcano for a few days, and had the feeling it was about to blow. Yesterday the whole mountain was shaking, and today it blew big time....and I caught it on video. I don't think this is the last of it though. If I catch more, I'll post it. There have been weird lights, big blue flashes, and at one point even the water in the river below was smoking.....the mountain was so hot that lava was even breaking through at the base of it. It's scary and beautiful all at once....enjoy! Watch full screen!

Thanks for posting this. Last eruption of Sakurajima was March 10, 2009 -- two years before the big earthquake & tsunami. Now almost a year later -- this.

Thank God, Sakurajima is at the opposite end of Japan -- the southern most tip of Kyushu (Kagoshima Prefecture).

Sakurajima had a really big eruption in 1914 -- the year WWI started.

It's been erupting almost continuously since 1955. Still I feel uncomfortable about this, there was that earthquake just off the coast of Oregon on the night of St. Valentine's Day.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

And more so the Opentopia MJPEG link can be recorded with VLC player in case anyone wants to leave the pc, or Alt+Tab and any screen recorders don't do it. You'd have to follow those two guides and you can have your own accelerated video after some hours of recording and minutes of playing around with videospeed. Will put a great perspective on the eruption. So far I can only see smoke. Would be good if a seismograph output was overlaid at the bottom so we could at least get a feeling for any shakes. Sound wouldn't be bad either. But for now we have to do with a possible time-lapse.

Always kind regards from the non-volcanic part of Russia.
(PS! Seems that Chinese cures 'May you live in interesting times.' is becoming rather true for Japan.)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012

Sakurajima hits 996-eruption high
Kyodo
KAGOSHIMA — Mount Sakurajima, an active volcano in Kagoshima Prefecture, explosively erupted 996 times in 2011, the most since record-keeping began in 1955, the local meteorological observatory said.

At the 800-meter-high Showa crater, which erupted in June 2006 for the first time in 58 years, 994 eruptions were observed last year. Two eruptions were observed at the Minamidake vent, which is at an elevation of about 1,000 meters, the Kagoshima Meteorological Observatory said Sunday.

Mount Sakurajima's previous record for eruptions was 474 in 1985. But after erupting 548 times in 2009 and 896 times in 2010, its most recent string of eruptions means the record has been broken for three consecutive years.

The Meteorological Agency defines an explosive eruption as one accompanied by an explosive release of gas, ash or rock.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

That's like 3 times a day.. Guarantee that if you are patient you will see an eruption.
Sakurajima is a very young volcano (in geologic terms).
Let's wait and see if she will break her own record in 2012

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Wow that was fantastic! Volcanism rocks!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
Wow that was fantastic! Volcanism rocks!

Get it? lol

Volcanism ROCKS!?!

DAMN NATURE!!! You Scary!!
edit on 19-2-2012 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I've been intrigued with volcanos since I was a child. My science projects in grade school were always about volcanos.

If I'd been watching live and seen that blow, I would have scared the crap out of my kitty.

Truly beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Whoa, that was huge. That smoke cloud made some creepy images.

Nice catch. Awesome video of the volcano.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join