It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington County Caucus (Maine) Unofficial Results

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm taking this straight from Ron Paul central....The Daily Paul.

www.dailypaul.com...

Washington County totals:

RP-167
MR-86
RS-59
NG-5

If you add these to the final recount results from yesterday
www.cnn.com...

You end up with

Romney 2,355
Paul 2,197
Santorum 1,111
Gingrich 396

Romney still wins by 158 votes.

They are not saying when they will release the "official" counts or if they will even add these to the official results. But these number came from Paul supporters and media that are at the caucuses.

Can the Paul supporters accept these results now...or will they still continue to cry fraud?
edit on 18-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the update outcast, although you are anti paul I do enjoy your postings in all the ron paul threads. As for paul supporters still crying fraud, can you really blame them after the un professional way this caucus has been handled? Where there is smoke there is fire so all the rumblings from rp fans is justified imo.
edit on 18-2-2012 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2012 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Despite what happened in Washington I believe fraud did occur, so no I will not shut up about it. The counties that were reported wrong in favor of Romney are more than enough proof. The guy on Reality Check who called in to report the wrong votes, only to be told he has the wrong votes, and then only when he mentioned he had the tally on video did they choose to listen to him? Nah, somethings wrong here. In Maine they met at predetermined times and only those who where there at the time got to vote. In such a small state why is it that we dont have video evidence from all the counties?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Ya, I think we have to be honest and say that it looks as though RP may not be able to pull off a win in Maine. But considering the fact that the campaign is concentrating on delegates, the vote count doesn't matter. A win would have been nice though!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The delagates are honest i suppose? Nobody willing to sell out?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Washington & Hancock County Maine 2-18-2012 Channel 2 & 5 Local Coverage

www.youtube.com...

edit on 18-2-2012 by RowdyAmerican1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yes. We have no right to be questionable or angry. A political organization is proven to participate in voter fraud, BUT they are fixing it now, so why can't we just forget about it now.

Your logic is ridiculous, as usual OS. It isn't about whether Ron Paul won, lost, or didn't get a single damn vote - it is about the election system being BY THE PEOPLE. You always claim that there is not so much wrong with this country to warrant a revolution - but here you have solid proof that at the very core of the American election process - many peoples votes are either "miscalculated", "misplaced", or not counted. The American "idea" is pronounced dead and all you can do is tell people to "get over it".

I have said before I know where you stand on the side of things and you just keep digging your ignorant hole even deeper.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I find it interesting that there were so many posts regarding these recounts and how the other caucuses were actually going to be counted but now that we actually start getting results (reported by Ron Paul supporters no less) nobody seems to care.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
I find it interesting that there were so many posts regarding these recounts and how the other caucuses were actually going to be counted but now that we actually start getting results (reported by Ron Paul supporters no less) nobody seems to care.

Indeed...nobody seems to care anymore.

I have a lot of respect for those that did respond and acknowledge that it does look like RP will be losing Maine after all.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I have a lot of respect for those that did respond and acknowledge that it does look like RP will be losing Maine after all.

If we have to twist arms to get a proper vote count then who is really the loser?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Have they re counted the counties that were left blank? If counting those other counties or precincts that were counted as zero's might it be different?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to the new statewide counts by precinct?

I am still very dubious about these new counts - it would be have been suicide for teh GOP to admit another mess up as they did in Iowa.

There's also stories of strange recount numbers prior to the Washington and Hancock caucuses

[url=http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/10921-maine-caucuses-finish-closer-than-expected-strange-recount[/url]

edit on 19/2/2012 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

Have they re counted the counties that were left blank? If counting those other counties or precincts that were counted as zero's might it be different?

Yes they have - and amazingly the only winner was Romney.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
So the very people who were caught red handed committing fraud said they recounted the vote and it's all fixed now and Romney still won but it was done without any transparency or verification of the vote and you think Ron Paul supporters are being unreasonable to continue to raise their voices against such a sham... Sigh! You can't fix stupid I guess...

edit on 19-2-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by hawkiye

Well to be honest, when a sports team loses a game, do they go back and make the ref(s) double-check the score? The penalties?

We don't have instant replay in politics for a reason: the process will drag on at the expense of the voters.

Now, if the votes were recounted and Willard/Gordon Gecko is still the winner, how many more times do they have to recount until RP fanboys drop their hissy fits?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Reply to post by hawkiye

Well to be honest, when a sports team loses a game, do they go back and make the ref(s) double-check the score? The penalties?

We don't have instant replay in politics for a reason: the process will drag on at the expense of the voters.

Now, if the votes were recounted and Willard/Gordon Gecko is still the winner, how many more times do they have to recount until RP fanboys drop their hissy fits?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

What part of "no transparency" do you not understand? What part of precinct chairmen proving fraud by video taping the vote that contradicted the official count do you not understand? What part of not trusting the word of proven liars and fraudsters do you not understand?

Sports like football have instant replay for complete transparency and they use it precisely so they do not have to go back and check anything after the fact.

What the hell is wrong with people who think this sort of fraud is no big deal or completely ignore it like it is irrelevant? it is a simple matter to NOT COUNT THE VOTE IN SECRET and video tape it so stuff like this CANNOT HAPPEN.

So I guess if your bank told you that your account had hundreds or thousands of dollars less in it then you counted when you deposited the money you would just take their word for it when they said nope we recounted and actually you have even less then we told you the first time? ... Sigh!

Bottom line is anyone who wants to count the vote in secret and have no verification but their word has something to hide period! There is no other reason to want such a thing and resist any effort to implement full and simple transparency.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

If we have to twist arms to get a proper vote count then who is really the loser?

If you have to twist someones arm to get a proper vote count because you are insisting your candidate is being robbed...and then that vote count has him doing worse than the intitial count...then maybe you should realize that your cries of fraud are just flat out wrong.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

Everything that has been questioned has now been counted.

From my understanding there are two very small precincts that haven't caucused yet...but in numbers so small they aren't going to matter.

What is it going to take to admit that Ron Paul lost? I understand it was his best, and probably only remaining chance at winning a state...but at some point you just have to accept reality and move on.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
So the very people who were caught red handed committing fraud said they recounted the vote and it's all fixed now and Romney still won but it was done without any transparency or verification of the vote and you think Ron Paul supporters are being unreasonable to continue to raise their voices against such a sham... Sigh! You can't fix stupid I guess...

If you think the GOP is fraudulent...then why support a candidate that would participate in the party?

There is something stupid going on...either Ron Paul is stupid for being in the GOP, or his supporters are stupid for supporting an organization that they think is fraudulent.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

If you have to twist someones arm to get a proper vote count because you are insisting your candidate is being robbed...and then that vote count has him doing worse than the intitial count...then maybe you should realize that your cries of fraud are just flat out wrong.

Is winning and losing all that is important to you? Whatever happened to "how you play the game"?

I've stated previously, win, lose, or draw I just want to see a fair count. Still kind of baffling how recounts always produce a different outcome. Glad my bank is more accurate.

edit on 19-2-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join