It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High pitched tone and metal boxes on west coast U.S.A. anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I live in the Northwest corner of Washington State, near the beach. On the morning of Monday the sixth I heard a very high pitched tone that was like nothing else I have ever heard. It was a "pure" constant high pitched tone that made me stand up and take notice. It started out faint but quickly gained intensity and became very loud. The whole experience lasted about forty five seconds. My first thoughts were a car alarm or a circular saw, which I discounted quickly because of the time, it was five a.m. and my car alarm does not sound like that at all. I than thought tsunami siren, but again, that is not what it was, that varies in intensity, this was constant. Of course that morning I looked up strange sounds on ats and youtube and found someone who recorded THE EXACT SAME SOUND a few days earlier in another part of the country. Go to 4:10 in this video (and yes I know the clips in the beginning of this vid are most likely total b.s.):
I know all about the "strange sounds" that are going on right now and this did not sound like any I had heard about before, i.e. The rumbling or scraping/horn sounds or like what I have experienced years ago (check out sig link.) I just heard about the Oregon boxes yesterday and am amazed that people have been seeing ufos in the area and describing a sound just like what I heard on the same day! Check this link out for a description: www.huliq.com... "It’s as if an alarm went off, when a “high, shrill, piercing, frightening ring caught our attention Sunday evening,” explained Doris, a local senior whose retired and lives nearby Stonefield Beach." That is it exactly. I am wondering if anyone else can contribute stories describing this type of sound and give dates and times. Thanks.
edit on 18-2-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Why haven't they tried opening them? Could be full of treasure... I said too much...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Nail in the coffin? Ok I get that the guy in the article I linked to is not the most reliable source, but I heard that sound with my own ears. Others have described and recorded the exact same sound around the same date that I heard it. Something is up beyond some guy making all this stuff up for attention.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

It would be intriguing if there was any further evidence. I am here in Oregon and I kept checking local sources for a report and was unable to find anything. The sound you heard sounds interesting but I don't know if it is related to the boxes in Oregon. The 'nail in the coffin' was, imo, because the guy is a known hoaxer and is the only source of reporting via the Huliq article. I think if the boxes were genuine, there would be aditional info and pics at this point.

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Very good point, and I agree about the reporter being a hoaxer, however I am wondering if there are any other sources for this story. I am listening to a radio program called groundzero media and they are talking about and to other locals who confirm the story of boxes on the beach, and also about masko being a hoaxer....somethings up.....oh yeah and that scene in 2001 when the astronauts come upon the monolith and start to take pictures and they start grabbing their head because of the the high pitched tone they are being subjected to, yeah what I heard sound just like that...lol...but seriously yes...
edit on 18-2-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

The fact that I could not find any other sources, kind of confirmed for me the hoaxiness. Now i,f as the radio show conveys, that there are indeed other witnesses, who surely have taken pics, then the story may get some legs again. If ya find any thing further, please add here.

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
So, here is my question.

If all the mysterious "sounds" are hoaxes, where the blazes did the idea to create a video pandemic of sound recordings come from?

I find it a little hard to believe that straight out of the blue, a worldwide effort to trick people into believing the "horns of the angels" or some other event was happening.

It just doesn't seem likely.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I see that you've seen the thread HERE.

Now please read all of it, because this story was debunked by myself and others. The Oregon beach boxes are a hoax, with the hoaxers at ground zero radio going as far as to air the testimony of a "scientist" who claims he can tell what's inside the boxes by analyzing the low quality, far away photo provided with the original story.

I have heard some interesting sounds in the sky myself, so I know that at least not ALL of these claims are hoaxes.

The boxes on the other hand are totally bunk.

Trust me.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

What do you think about the boxes found in Sri Lanka in 2004? Hoax? Info regarding these were released by the British government in files referencing ufo sightings. www.nationalarchives.gov.uk...
www.weirdwiltshire.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I agree with your insite speculativeoptimist (nice name)
These noises are more likly distractions, forms of entertainment for us and for them. I love to play tricks on my friends, and it's quite a rush when you pull it off, especially if it's that elaborate. It gives one a scenes of power over individuals.

I appreciate the concern and research from the OP. I would have done the same thing. That's what makes ATS so great. We are looking for truth hoping it's not all one big hoax. But being aware that by tricking us into thinking that something is a hoaxs could be a way of suppressing the truth.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is from the radio program that was talking extensively about the boxes a few days ago: www.groundzeromedia.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Please add to existing thread : here

new topics

top topics

join