It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw Goat Milk...my new addiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
At first years ago when i tried goat milk, i did not like it. I did not like the goat aftertaste. Then one day I found a farmer that juices it fresh and bottles it raw. So I bought some, it was great fresh with minimal aftertaste. I started drinking it instead of regular milk and slowly noticed a difference in my mental health . I was singing on the way to and from work, which I never do. what was making me happy ? Then I just happened to read about a culture of people that live a standard of 120 years. Scientists attribute this to goat milk and foods made from it, which was their primary source of food. The scientists claim that the goat milk is really high in 5HTP which is a precursor to seratonin.Therefore,the people are happy and live longer. Is this what is making me happy all the time? I mean, its noticeable. Plus, my stomach theref never hurts and i always feel good. I fully attribute this to the goat milk. I know it sounds gross to some people but a goat isnt nearly as disgusting as a cow, plus goats dont transfer disease through the milk like cows can so its safer for goat milk to be served raw, not killing the beneficial bacteria or digestive enzymes.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by avatard

I never been a fan of cow milk , that stuff gets sour to fast , and i'm always weary of drinking it lol .

But goat milk you say! I might just give it a try !

Research carried out at the Department of Physiology of the University of Granada has revealed that goat milk has more beneficial properties to health than cow milk. Among these properties it helps to prevent ferropenic anaemia (iron deficiency) and bone demineralisation (softening of the bones).

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes, fresh Goat or Cow milk is wonderful.

ETA: If you drink Clorophyll with it as well, it's a double boost to your immune system.
edit on 2/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I raise pygmy goats. Goat milk is far superior to cow's milk. I also use goat milk in my hand made soaps and lotions.

Goat Milk Health Benefits
by The G.O.A.T. Girls

Goats are good for you and good for the planet. Here’s why Goat Milk is the Greatest Of All Time (G.O.A.T.):

Good for You

• Goat milk is a natural for anyone looking for ease of digestion, maximum nutrition and excellent health from dairy. It has more easily digestible, short and middle chain fats and protein solids than cow milk and may be enjoyed by many people with lactose sensitivities since it does not contain the alpha S1 casein protein (the #1 allergen in dairy products). The increased digestibility of protein is important for infants and children. In addition, goat milk is 13% higher in calcium with 25% more vitamin B6 and 47% more vitamin A. It is also higher in minerals than cow milk with fewer calories – plus the natural buffering qualities of goat milk make it beneficial for people with ulcers and other stomach problems.

• Goat milk is considered to be “naturally homogenized” and from a health standpoint this is deemed much better than mechanically homogenized milk.

• All goat milk products are free of any recombinant growth hormones – these types of hormones have never been developed for dairy goats. Unlike cows, a bovine animal, growth hormones do not increase goat milk production.

• Leading U.S. goat milk products from industry leaders, including Redwood Hill Farm, Cypress Grove Chevre and Laloo's, are also free of any antibiotics.

• 72% of the milk used throughout the world is from goats. Maybe they’re onto something?
www.womenof.com...

Des

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
s+f op, and yes fresh goat milk is wonderful

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i've never tryed goats milk to be honest,

may have to try it,

I have a complete oppisite story with a drink, it's called monster energy drink the green 1 only.

i can not find anything else that takes my thirst away like that does, it's so addictive. i've easy drank 500+
ranging from 2 - 4 a day for maybe a year and half, i've made myself cut down now but still drink it, anything else just makes me more thirsty, At one point i had 3 reclycling boxes in my front garden in the corner that was all full and piled up to just below my wall, it wasnt even funny infact it was the response of other people and me lookiing at it that made me realize it was a problem. beware of the monster in a tin.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
glad to see there are other goat supporters on here,I saw a hippy dude on cops in alaska with a goat on a leash, they asked him whats up with the goat, he said "pets with benefits",,it is sad how i have to get my raw goat milk, across the state line and she has to sneak it to me...sad i cant get just get it easily here. because im now addicted.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by avatard

Any raw milk can be dangerous if it's not pasteurized. Raw milk can harbor microorganisms that can pose a serious health risk to you. It can carry salmonella, E-coli, and listeria. The out break of listeria due to contaminated cantaloupes caused 14 deaths just last year. Raw milk can be especially dangerous for pregnant women, children and the elderly.

I just think members here should be aware of the risk.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

No one has died from raw milk in 30 years. (don't quote on the exact number of years) The problems from raw milk came from cows that were kept in pens, not allowed to graze and stood and slept in their own waste that was knee deep. The cows themselves were sick, and you probably shouldn't even be drinking pasteurized milk from them, but that's what you get with factory farming.
Raw milk from a healthy cow that is let out to graze is perfectly safe. People drank raw milk for thousands of years with no problem, it was only when factory farming was introduced did it become a problem. Pasteurization became a way that they could make more profit while spending less on the care of the animal.

Raw mild period is a wonderful mood booster, whether it is cows or goats milk. However it does go bad quicker, so I freeze it in small containers.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by intuitive

4 a day

You're on the path to type 2 diabetes. Monsters are loaded with sugar.

But back to the OP. I drink milk 1 time a year, water is so much better

edit on 19-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Goat milk is the healthiest milk (of available milks) and has suspected cancer preventing properties, but only if raw. And I'm not sure about this but I'm starting to suspect there's some certain gene/chemical/bloodtype connection to some people's problems with not only raw milk, but wheat, sugar, you name it. A human system is more complex sometimes than at first glance

My personal suspicion (and that of my nutrition teacher) is that humans should not be drinking any kind of milk regularly after the age of around 12.

All i know is it has a clean taste and lasts longer and I can get it unpasteurized and LOCALLY produced. I know my goat guy, his name is Terry and really like him. It's sad he just retired and now I have to find a new "goat guy"
The taste also I imagine depends on the breed and what you allow it to eat (there are certain meat vs dairy goats, lots of species actually). The types of goat cheese you can get are delicious and come in a huge variety now. I imagine they contain less radiation considering goats eat considerably less grass than cows? I wish they released all that kind of information (didn't they used to?). I've mostly just become addicted to using goat as my main red meat once I found it at my farmers market.

It doesn't smell up your place when cooking like lamb, i use the ground goat just like beef in chilis, soups, hamburgers, bolagnese, stroganoff, meatloaf, swedish meatballs. My dinner guests ask for my recipes and are shocked when i tell them its goat. Way leaner, less polluted meat, easier to raise, less impact and lower resources used, adaptable to most climates, eats anything, they are also a smart animal that when used with chickens can protect and benefits from a mutual relationship. They are used in my area rented by the city to clear out public areas infested with stickers too. A milkable, edible animal that will also do a job?

They kind of seem like a super-food animal. Very healthy, versatile and efficient. I have a healthy respect for this animal and show thanks everytime they feed me.

edit on 19-2-2012 by Aliquandro because: i like goats, what can i say?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

yeah this is one reason i cut down and trying to stop altogether, And i also saw an interview with robin williams who was addictid to red bull and was admited to rehab. fair play to him for it was a big enough kick for him that it hit me to

new topics

top topics

join