It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Research carried out at the Department of Physiology of the University of Granada has revealed that goat milk has more beneficial properties to health than cow milk. Among these properties it helps to prevent ferropenic anaemia (iron deficiency) and bone demineralisation (softening of the bones).
Goat Milk Health Benefits
by The G.O.A.T. Girls
Goats are good for you and good for the planet. Here’s why Goat Milk is the Greatest Of All Time (G.O.A.T.):
Good for You
• Goat milk is a natural for anyone looking for ease of digestion, maximum nutrition and excellent health from dairy. It has more easily digestible, short and middle chain fats and protein solids than cow milk and may be enjoyed by many people with lactose sensitivities since it does not contain the alpha S1 casein protein (the #1 allergen in dairy products). The increased digestibility of protein is important for infants and children. In addition, goat milk is 13% higher in calcium with 25% more vitamin B6 and 47% more vitamin A. It is also higher in minerals than cow milk with fewer calories – plus the natural buffering qualities of goat milk make it beneficial for people with ulcers and other stomach problems.
• Goat milk is considered to be “naturally homogenized” and from a health standpoint this is deemed much better than mechanically homogenized milk.
• All goat milk products are free of any recombinant growth hormones – these types of hormones have never been developed for dairy goats. Unlike cows, a bovine animal, growth hormones do not increase goat milk production.
• Leading U.S. goat milk products from industry leaders, including Redwood Hill Farm, Cypress Grove Chevre and Laloo's, are also free of any antibiotics.
• 72% of the milk used throughout the world is from goats. Maybe they’re onto something?