It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nv Cluster Quake Update

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
here is an up date on the cluster quakes in antelope peak, Nv.

here is the first pic i took of the peak it shows the small cluster of quakes up to that day.

this next pic is the one i took today 2/18/12

here you can see the quakes progressing in one direction.

this still dose not look right to me. dose not look like above ground weapon testing.

you can roll the google maps time line back and there shows no damage to that side of the MT.

and it seems to be moving away from where it started

there is a second cluster of quakes just south of area 51. those seam more random and still not fault lines around.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

here is the usgs link it shows the faults and all that.

i think this is something serious for ATS to look in to.

just dosent look right.

thank you for your time

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hasnt anyone informed you?
The aliens, ans the white hats are blowing up the entrances and the underground bunkers that were constructed to shield the elite from the radiation they plan to unleash on the rest of us in a ww3 scenario.
Its the oppositions way of saying,"no you dont. you have to live up here and suffer with humanity if you do this vile thing."
The aliens do not want to have to stop physically the nukes fro detonating or launching as it would traumatize the human race about their vast powers, and also show us they really are here.....this is counter productive, and they are patiently waiting for us to evolve some manners for galactic citizen ship.
But it would be far and away preferrable for us to do it alone rather than be forced to......

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I could be from mining or fracking considering the depth and the intesity of some of those quakes.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

for that you would start at ground level. it cost money to drill through a mountain. and there is no equipment out there

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think it's a possible Nuke Test...

Say, what's the airport to the North of it?

But, there has been some random 'earthquake type' shake around here in Metro Detroit, Michigan...

I should be scared, or what???

But, we do have a AF Base about 16 miles from my home.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by matty1053

the air base is the test range airport. looks kept up to date.

thats what makes me think bunker or something.

there is a second air strip to the east. just a dirt landing strip.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
there is no way unless that nuke was the size of a bullet.

and the time difference between the quakes is to vast.

if you look at area 51 in google earth and just to the west of it you can see a nuke testing range.

as you see here.
edit on 18-2-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

I feel like predicting a quake today.. I just woke up from a nap and had a cool dream about a bigass quake in paris, they had to shut down the eiffel tower, and somehow it effected san diegos fault line and before that shook up i woke up.. SO... i feel like jumping on the prediction bandwagon, i know its bs, but if their is a quake i can say HA.

I know this thread is legit and is based on real info, im just havin fun...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

any input is welcome

im trying to figure it out my self and i went through a lot to disprove of what i thought it might be.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
♥ ya op...

But, you ever hear about underground bomb tests, and underground volcanoes?

They have test sites that you don't think they are even there underground, over 2 miles under the AREA 51, they have 6 Nuke Tests... You can't feel them, or hear them... they just disturb the fault lines, that is all.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by matty1053

well where they are happening at there are no faults. and there is no way to have that many test underground so close together. half the mountain would have came down my now from testing and boring new holes through the rock. i thought about that too. look up USGS and check there times.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Have you tried asking these guys in the Quake Watch thread? They might have the answers your looking for if you post this there......

Quake Watch

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
They are probably testing new missle designs to penetrate Iran's deep bunkers.. Remember, they said they don't have anything that could 'finish off' a deep bunker' currently.

Well, If I was the US, I'd be testing designs NOW. fast... Imagine a mini tunnel boring machine on the tip of a daisy cutter.. that is what they are working towards.. something that can hit, bore super deep, then explode.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Now that I really take a look at this,wasn't there a swarm of quakes there awhile back?

Wellington Hills,NV.

Take a look at this.

General: This very long, nearly continuous fault zone has: (1) range-front faults bounding east front of Pine Nut Mountains from south end of range to east of Boyle Tunnel and bounding east front of Buckskin Range, Wellington Hills and Sweetwater Mountains; (2) piedmont and intrabasin faults throughout much of Sweetwater Flat, in western and southern Smith Valley, in northwest arm of Smith Valley, and on east piedmont slope of Buckskin Range; and (3) a few intermontane faults east of Desert Creek Peak and in volcanic plateau flanking east side of Pine Nut Mountains near Lyon Peak. Pine Nut Mountains and Wellington Hills represent a west-tilted structural block and Smith Valley probably is a west-tilted half graben based on presence of a marsh on west side of valley near Beaman Lake. Generally, zone is expressed as scarps on Holocene, upper Pleistocene, and older Pleistocene alluvium and juxtaposes Holocene and upper Pleistocene alluvium. Range-front faults juxtapose piedmont-slope deposits against bedrock and are expressed as locally abrupt fronts of Pine Nut Mountains, Wellington Hills, and Sweetwater Mountains. Piedmont faults are marked by a small group of scarps at south end of Smith Valley, adjacent to front of Pine Nut Mountains, Sweetwater Mountains, and Buckskin Range. Some of intrabasin faults in southern Smith Valley and in Sweetwater Flat are characterized by short scarps. Intermontane faults east of Desert Creek Peak are delimited by aligned drainage valleys and ridge-crest saddles, and near Lyon Peak are marked by prominent escarpments, two of which bound a large closed depression that appears to be a graben. Although many of these faults displace only bedrock, some also displace Pleistocene alluvium or juxtapose younger against older Pleistocene alluvium, providing evidence for young movement. Detailed work has not been conducted along entire fault zone; reconnaissance photogeologic and field-based mapping of fault zone are the sources of data. Trench investigations have not been completed, but characterization of the scarp morphology has been accomplished for parts of fault zone in Smith Valley and Sweetwater Flat.

geohazards.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
thats up near reno im talking southern nevada. might want to look at USGS to see what im talking about.

right state wrong area my friend.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
thats up near reno im talking southern nevada. might want to look at USGS to see what im talking about.

right state wrong area my friend.

Is this not the area you talk about?

Pine Nut Mountains and Wellington Hills represent a west-tilted structural block and Smith Valley probably is a west-tilted half graben based on presence of a marsh on west side of valley near

geohazards.usgs.gov...

If I am,wrong,so be it.

Just trying to help out,but I guess you don't want my input,I understand .I will just move on.Sorry to bother your thread.

edit on 18-2-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
not at all just thought it was near reno. that was the only area i found

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

this one seams to be the right one

en.wikipedia.org...

see how i got turned around?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

your geo hazard link shows smith valley in the reno area.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
not at all just thought it was near reno. that was the only area i found

If I'm wrong just tell me, I'm a big boy,I can handle it and admit to mistakes.

Research is your friend.

In the mean time,read this .

www.iris.edu...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join