It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NUKEMAP: Nuking My House Online (You Can, Too)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
'Morning everyone.

Thanks to my fantastic history professor, I stumbled upon this fantastic website called NUKEMAP just now. It allows you to select a location anywhere in the world and a preset nuclear weapon (such as Little Boy) or a custom yield.

Click on Detonate and watch the magic happen.

Using geographical data from Google Earth, it will show you the exact ranges of the weapon including fireball, air blast radius and radiation for the bomb and location you selected.

While yes, it's a fun program, it actually helps you realize the mind-boggling power of these weapons as it gives you a (rather disturbing) way to visualize it.

It is absolutely mind-boggling that scientists actually took a look at some of these and thought:

"Yeah, I suppose it's pretty neat that this standard nuclear bomb could completely level Berlin or Washington DC... Let's make a bigger one!"

Frightening, indeed.

Link to NUKEMAP
edit on 18-2-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Whipfather

Funnily enough I'm way too busy finding ways of polluting and subverting the human body than to look at such puerile nonsense.

/sarcasm off

Now, who's for a game of Thermonuclear War? Anyone...?

Scientists = People calculating new and even more hideous ways of killing people every day...

PS I posted this a few days ago in some thread, no one batted an eye lid...subliminal programming must be working.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If the location you posted here is your home, then I don't live too far from you...

Also, I have already seen this. I established that my parents house would be barely missed by the initial blast in my home town, although they would eventually succumb to the radiation.

Chances are, the nuke wouldn't be aimed for my home town anyway.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
If the location you posted here is your home, then I don't live too far from you...

Also, I have already seen this. I established that my parents house would be barely missed by the initial blast in my home town, although they would eventually succumb to the radiation.

Chances are, the nuke wouldn't be aimed for my home town anyway.

I'm only like an hour away from there as well....
I was always nervous living the in Philly, NYC, DC triangle when thinking about nuclear attacks...
and jealous of those in say Iowa!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

NUKEMAP!
I did that once for a high school speech class using a map of Michigan. My English teacher wasn't pleased. It was the early '80's and that famous tv movie, The Day After, had just come out.

Here's 15 megaton bomb on Detroit. On my school map I dropped about 20 of these nukes on Michigan. I used several on Detroit itself to make sure all the industrial areas were flattened.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So, we would only need 2 bombs of 100kt each, one in ... and the other below ...

Just thinking out loud here ...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wow man!

Two Tsar bombs would finish UK.

I actually thought you would get some kinda animation after you click detonate, it only shows the radius of blast effect area.
edit on 18-2-2012 by forklift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
one can also see that while money shrinks the planet Nuke war can not destroy our world but it would make life very hard

8 detonated @ 80k ft and 8 1.2's @ 6000ft staggered across Russia China or USA would make life very hard, in other areas yuuuup, what countryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

how about a nice game of chess

edit on 18-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

search is your friend, a thread on this was started 2 days ago....SEARCH

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz

search is your friend, a thread on this was started 2 days ago....SEARCH

Is that so? Then tell me, how come it didn't show up in the search results now, or even before I posted this thread?

And please - Stop abusing smileys like that. It's hard to take what you're saying seriously.
edit on 18-2-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well, since I live right next to Portsmouth dockyard, home of the Royal Navy, i would be well and trully incinerated

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Back in the late 1950s and early 1960s Military planners thought bigger was better. and how wrong they were. Sure a bigger bomb does more damage but at the same time it kick up more fallout. Hence why the wield of nuclear weapons has decreased over time, also since accuracy as also increased you don'e need to wipe out a whole city to eliminate a target.

In the Late 1960s nuclear scientist determined that if 20 nuclear devices of a prominently a 20 megaton yield were all detonated simultaneously of the west coast of the United States it would kick up enough fallout and debris to great a nuclear winter. The figured that the Winter would last approminently 10 years plunging the planet in to an ice age and would reduce the worlds population by 95%. After this study was completed all future plans for HIGH yield nuclear weapons were scraped.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Awesome! This is almost cathartic at times...nuking my ex's

Cool avatar by the way.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If theses calculations are correct, I could bomb prime minister Harper and still be safe.

Although, I could die of eventual nuclear fallout...who cares it's worth it.

"presses the button"

edit on 18-2-2012 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Freaky to see that a Tsar Bomba detonation would completely engulf Lake Ontario. Definately put things in perspective for me, that's for sure.

edit on 18/2/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Impressive the power of these weapons.

It sure makes you think how far we humans are willing to go to kill each other.
Sickening that thousands of these abominations exist.

One Tsar Bomba and my whole country is gone.

"So uncivilized..."- Obi wan kenobi.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

brilliant find my friend, snf.

me and my flatmate are obssessed with fallout/ apocalypse scenarios so we're gonna play with this today!

top topics

join