It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I find this new US Navy ad incredibly creepy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This new ad for the US Navy that says: "The US Navy, a global force for good." is so Orwellian and creepy! Maybe they should just come out and say a NWO force for good.

Our navy is NOT a global force for good, we ARE the U.S. Navy. Are we really this willing to give up our freedom for a little perceived security? If so, we deserve neither.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

The Air Force commercial with the space age transformer planes is creepier. Especially at the end when they say it's not science fiction.

edit on 18-2-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Wow, that one is really creepy too. Are American's really so brain washed to not see the huge shift being made in the mission of our military? Hitler wanted to have a global force.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
yeah..I feel bad for the people who generally would want to join this, and without realizing it's not as helpful as they think it is. once upon a time..not so much anymore

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Chelseazar

yup..theyre preyed on..

just a bunch of brainwashing propaganda. I can't stomach any of the navy ads. ..and it's no secret we're already the world police. hence 'global'. not surprising
edit on 18-2-2012 by Enryl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
where do you get creepy from the add? I see an add to try and recruit new people into their ranks, they are not going to do that unless they show technology, flash, bang and excitement. But it is far from creepy unless you have just never seen any military adds in the last three of four years. And the Air force one is stating a fact, it is not science fiction, it is science fact, gives the person looking toward enlisting into the kind of technology the Air force is using these days. Kind of strange that it would come across as creepy? also, what is Orwellian about it?

Just asking, not belittling you point of view at all, just asking if you can explain you point of view.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yes, I can understand how one might view such a powerful military force as "creepy"..... but aren't we overlooking the capabilities for good that such a force has historically performed globally?

Following the 26 December 2004 earthquake and tsunami in the Indian Ocean, the U.S. military responded quickly, sending ships, planes, and relief supplies to the region. Coordinated by Joint Task Force 536, established at Utapao, Thailand, the Navy and the Marine Corps shifted assets from the Navy's Pacific Command within days. The rapid response once again illustrated the flexibility of naval forces when forward deployed.

The Navy deployed four Patrol Squadron (VP) 4 P-3 Orion patrol aircraft from Kadena, Japan, to Utapao to fly reconnaissance flights in the region and five VP-8 P-3s began flying missions out of Diego Garcia, British Indian Ocean Territory. The Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) Carrier Strike Group [including Shoup (DDG 86), Shiloh (CG 67), Benfold (DDG 65) and USNS Ranier (T AOE 7)] and the Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) Expeditionary Strike Group [including Duluth (LPD 6), Milius (DDG 69), Rushmore ('___' 47), Thach (FFG 43), Pasadena (SSN 752) and USCG Munro (WHEC 724)] steamed to Indonesia from the Pacific Ocean. Marine Corps disaster relief assessment teams from Okinawa, Japan, flew in to Thailand, Sri Lanka and Indonesia, and were later joined by U.S. Navy Environmental and Preventive Medicine Units from Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Lastly, a total of eleven ships under the Military Sealift Command (MSC) proceeded to the region from Guam and Diego Garcia.

Nineteen SH-60 Seahawk helicopters from the ships of the Abraham Lincoln group began flying reconnaissance, evacuation, and relief sorties over Indonesia on 31 December. The Bonhomme Richard group arrived on 3 January and her embarked 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable) began using their 24 CH-46 Sea Knight helicopters to deliver supplies to damaged areas along the coast of Indonesia.

In early January six ships from Maritime Prepositioning Ships Squadron 3 – MV lst Lt. Jack Lummus (T-AK 3011), SS Maj. Stephen W. Pless (T-AK 3007), MV Cpl. Louis J. Hauge Jr. (T-AK 3000), MV Pfc. James Anderson Jr. (T-AK 3002), MV 1st Lt. Alex Bonnyman (T-AK 3002) and USNS 1st Lt. Harry L. Martin (T-AK 3015) – got underway from Diego Garcia. Collectively, these ships carry enough equipment and supplies to support 15,000 Marines for 30 days, including road-building supplies, electrical power generators, and other emergency equipment. These ships’ water purification machines and evaporators are capable of producing more than 100,000 gallons of potable water per day and pumping it to shore from up to two miles away. In addition, the MSC fleet replenishment oilers USNS Tippecanoe (T-AO 199) and USNS John Ericsson (T-AO 194) as well as the combat stores ship USNS San Jose (T-ASF 7) joined Rainier in providing fuel and supplies to U.S. Navy ships in the tsunami relief area. Lastly, two MSC oceanographic ships have been ordered into the affected area to conduct hydrographic surveys of the ocean bottom where the 9.0 magnitude earthquake occurred. USNS Mary Sears (T-AGS 65) and USNS John McDonnell (T-AGS 51) will sail from Sasebo, Japan, in mid-January. SOURCE

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think I was pretty clear that the use of the term global is creepy to me. Also the idea that our navy is a global force for good. If it is a global force who is our enemy? You can't be any more overt in saying that we are the world police.

I think this is a huge over-reach of our military charter.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If you cannot se the brain washing ci=onatined in these adds, id suggest you stop sucking back the cool aid, TAKE THE RED PILL, AND WAKE THE FREAK UP!
There is nothing quite so ugly as the way that we are being manipulated to do the NWOs bidding wether we want to or not....so all encompassing, so evil and pervasive, it is difficult to survive without adding anything to the NWO agenda or coffers......

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
L
L
you think that's creepy?

Pentagon Regrowing Soldiers’ Muscles From Pig Cells

Neuroscience the new face of warfare: experts

ship out
and become a guinea pig

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I get the same creepy feeling watching those videos as I do when I look at the Denver Airport mural.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Wow that is really creepy too.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Creepy, yeah. Least it beats the more honest "sign up and be regarded as an American terrorist!"

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I agree, it is creepy...

However, please add your comments to the existing thread, found here.

new topics

top topics

join