It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wide Seismic Event...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
IRIS currently showing five (5) quakes in the past 24 hours.... quite a lot of activity girding the equator today...

www.iris.edu...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

X Class solar flare currently active, with an active geomagnetic storm...

www.maj.com...

Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) currently active and earth directed, will continue for days to come...

spaceweather.com...

Well centered cluster of very small quakes in the NMSZ

www.eas.slu.edu...

Quite a bit of activity for HAARP today... wonder what seismic activity we will have in the next 72 hours?

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
A magnitude 4.6 earthquake IN THE VANCOUVER ISLAND, CANADA REGION has occurred
at:
48.81N 128.29W Depth 10km Thu May 29 05:28:20 2003 UTC

A magnitude 5.6 earthquake NEAR THE COAST OF PERU has occurred at:
12.38S 77.00W Depth 41km Wed May 28 21:26:46 2003 UTC

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
HAARP is getting a workout today... expect some serious seismic activity in about 48-72 hours...

X Class flare and geomagnetic storm.... Hmm, a conspiracy theorist might say that the were timing HAARP activity to coincide with the solar flare activity, possibly to mask whatever they were doing???

www.maj.com...

IRIS counts nine (9) active seismic events in the past 24 hours.... thats a lot...

www.iris.edu...

5.6 mag off coast of Peru

4.2 mag off coast of Panama

5.4 mag off the Kuril Islands

4.6 mag off of Vancouner Island

4.6 mag in the Solomon Islands

5.2 mag Halmera Indonesia

5.0 mag Kashmere-Xizang border region

4.6 mag Greece-Albania border

4.9 North Algeria (been very active there this past week)

This is a LOT of seismic activity in anyones book....

The USGS worldwide seismographs are NOT showing a great deal of activity, which is VERY strange..... something not quite right here....

AURORA WARNING: Two solar coronal mass ejections swept past Earth on May 29th: one at 1215 UT (8:15 a.m. EDT) and another at 1900 UT (2:00 p.m. EDT). Our planet's magnetic field is still reverberating from the impacts. Sky watchers everywhere should be alert for possible auroras after local nightfall. Because the moon is nearly-new, lunar glare will not interfere with faint Northern or Southern Lights.

spaceweather.com...

The ongoing geomagnetic storm might be energized further on Friday, May 30th, by the arrival of a third coronal mass ejection. Like the two that reached Earth today, the incoming CME was hurled into space by an X-class explosion near giant sunspot 365.

BIG SUNSPOT: Sunspot 365, which spans an area wider than six Earth-diameters, has been an active source of solar flares since it first appeared on May 24th.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Re: AURORA WARNING: Two solar coronal mass ejections swept past Earth on May 29th: one at 1215 UT (8:15 a.m. EDT) and another at 1900 UT (2:00 p.m. EDT).

Funny thing is that today between 1:00pm and 5:20pm while I was working, something again happened to my truck raido. It reset back to the factory defalts. Could it have been the mass ejections? Yes?

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Just looking at the Kp index, I'd have to say its as high as I've seen it in the 5 years I've been using to plan GPS work. Then I look at HAARP and Wow! DragonRider, its getting ridiculous how these two are seeming to follow the same patterns. Might expain why my am radio was crappy all day when its usually full quiet.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
HAARP is still going wild... this is not a normal transmission regime...

I would also love an explaination as to why IRIS shows 9 (!) quakes in the past 24 hours at mag 4 or higher, and USGS doesnt show squat!

Check out the NOAA magnetometer, can you say off the scale??

www.maj.com...

Astrocreep, you were mentioning KP index?

www.maj.com...

The former X Class flare has been down graded to M Class, with geomagnetic storm still in progress.

www.maj.com...

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
IRIS shows 4 earthquakes today,

4.6 mag in Crete

5.0 mag Kashmir-Xizang border

4.6 mag Kamchatka

4.3 mag Northern Ca

But for the most part, USGS doesnt show much... very irregular...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Just looking at the Kp index, I'd have to say its as high as I'

here in alaska i always loose tv and radio reception when solar activity rises, that's how i know it's here

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
IRIS showing 4 active quakes in the past 24 hours:

Mag 4.7 in Crete

Mag 4.1 on the Russian/Mongolian Border

Mag 4.7 in Mindano Phillipines

Mag 4.6 on the Mexico/Guatemala border

www.iris.edu...

Meanwhile, the only significant seismic activity reported by USGS is on the Midway Island monitoring station (which may well represent the 4.7 mag in the Phillipines)... However the additional events, all 4.0+ magnitude, SHOULD be showing a HELL of a lot of activity on the USGS seismographs..... And this has been going on for at least the last 72 hours...

SOMETHING IS NOT AS IT SHOULD BE....

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

NOAA web page of solar conditions is currently DOWN....

www.maj.com...

AURORAS: Geomagnetic activity reached severe storm levels for more than 9 hours on May 29th after two solar coronal mass ejections swept past Earth. Another CME struck our planet's magnetic field today at approximately 1600 UT or noon EDT, which means geomagnetic activity could soon resume.

Earth will enter a solar wind stream flowing from the indicated coronal hole on or about June 2nd. Image credit: SOHO Extreme UV Telescope.

spaceweather.com...

HAARP has been EXTREMELY about 18 hours ago.... I expect another round of major seismic activity in the next 36-48 hours...

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
IRIS shows 3 active quakes in the last 24 hours...

Mag 4.7 in Crete

Mag 4.7 Mindano Phillipines

Mag 4 off the coast of Guatemala

www.iris.edu...

New Madrid still having a bit of activity, hovering around Mag 3 at most...

www.eas.slu.edu...
With the exception of Midway Island, USGS isnt reporting squat.... This is VERY unusual...

NOAA geomagnetic page is STILL DOWN.... Never seen it down at all, much less over 24 hours...

www.maj.com...

Another CME released, possibly earth directed, more M Class flares likely.

SOLAR FLARE: Sunspot 365 unleashed another strong solar flare, an M8-class explosion, at 0225 UT on May 31st. The blast hurled a coronal mass ejection (CME) into space and possibly toward Earth. If so, the CME would reach our planet on June 1st or 2nd and set the stage for more auroras

spaceweather.com...

Also notice the pic of the "sundog", if thats what it is.

HAARP is "unsettled" although VERY active about 24 hours ago... I figure serious seismic activity in 24-48 hours.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
www.spaceweather.com...

Earth will enter a solar wind stream flowing from the indicated coronal hole on or about June 2nd. Image credit: SOHO Extreme UV Telescope

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider

NOAA geomagnetic page is STILL DOWN.... Never seen it down at all, much less over 24 hours...

www.maj.com...

Not down, they switched servers.
Whoever did it doesn't know much about HTML.
www.maj.com... points you to the new location for the page:

www.n3kl.org...

*wanders off muttering about simple redirects on websites*

-B.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thanks Banshee, it didnt redirect me though for some reason.

But for those interested, we are in the midst of an M Class flare and a geomagnetic storm.

HAARP is settling down... I always wondered if the HAARP operators got the weekend off, since for the most part it goes to flat line on weekends...

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
A magnitude 5.6 earthquake IN THE BONIN ISLANDS, JAPAN REGION has occurred at:
28.21N 142.76E Depth 33km Sun Jun 1 17:50:25 2003 UTC

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
HAARP activity going quite active today

USGS finally showing a bit of activity...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

SOLAR ACTIVITY: Giant sunspot 365 is still an active source of solar flares, but the blasts are no longer Earth-directed because the sunspot is rotating over the sun's western limb. On June 1st, Greek astronomer Anthony Ayiomamitis photographed this lovely prominence erupting from the active region. Meanwhile, on the other side of the sun a new active region is emerging: sunspot 375, which has unleashed a series of M-class solar flares since June 1st.

AURORA OUTLOOK: Earth is inside a high-speed solar wind stream, which is causing moderate geomagnetic activity. Sky watchers should remain alert for auroras on June 2nd and 3rd. Probably the best observing sites will be at high latitudes: e.g., southern parts of New Zealand and Australia, northern Europe, Canada, and northern US states like Wisconsin and Michigan.

spaceweather.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My wife woke up late last night to find the touch lights on either side of the bed turned on to the lowest level. Also the fire scanner blanked out and was re-set to zero. The power didn't go off because if it did the answering maching would have woke us up when it restarted and played the message.

Very strange.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Where are you? We have been having significant auroral activity at higher latitudes... if you are in the far north, you could have been affected.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
IRIS indicates 4 active quakes in the past 24 hours:

4.4 mag in Svalbard Region (North Sea)

4.9 mag in Taulaud Islands, Indonesia

4.7 mag Mindano, Phillipines

5.2 mag West Coast of Chile

www.iris.edu...

The only quake apparently recorded by USGS was that in Chile, recorded by monitoring stations in Chile and Brazil.

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Current M Class Flare, with active geomagnetic storm.

www.n3kl.org...

A large spurt of HAARP activity today...

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Dont have much time here, but will post this: 8 quakes of 4.0+ magnitude in the past 24 hours.

www.iris.edu...

Only isolated detections by the USGS

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

HAARP is cooking today... I would also ask you to look back at my posts over the last couple of days, and look at my predictions based on HAARP activity, and then look at what IRIS picked up today... anyone else see a pattern?

AURORA OUTLOOK: Earth is inside a high-speed solar wind stream, which sparked moderate geomagnetic activity on June 2nd. Sky watchers should remain alert for auroras on June 3rd and 4th. Probably the best observing sites will be at high latitudes: e.g., southern parts of New Zealand and Australia, northern Europe, Canada, and northern US states like Wisconsin and Michigan.

spaceweather.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A magnitude 5.6 earthquake IN THE VANUATU ISLANDS has occurred at:
18.33S 167.26E Depth 35km Tue Jun 3 21:09:02 2003 UTC

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join