It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wide Seismic Event...

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
So, are the rumors true about how pets -FLIP- right before an earthquake, or is that just an urban legend?
I'm located in Denver, Co, but I'm leaving for college -TOMORROW- in the San Luis Valley. I always have my 72 hour kit, because i'm a paranoid freak, but, what else can you tell me?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have seen your distress in a couple of posts already. Where abouts do you live(state)? How old are you? (Not meant as an insult or anything, just logistics.)
Do you currently have emergency supplies to last you AT LEAST 2 weeks? Do you have a car?, and if so, do you have enough fuel you can load in/on the car for a 1000 mile journey(no one does but it's recommended
)?
I'm not a particularly religious man so I'll defer to Val on that part.
I'm also not a geologist, see Dragonrider for that

I AM however a survivor. I'll try to help any way I can.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
So, are the rumors true about how pets -FLIP- right before an earthquake, or is that just an urban legend?
I'm located in Denver, Co, but I'm leaving for college -TOMORROW- in the San Luis Valley. I always have my 72 hour kit, because i'm a paranoid freak, but, what else can you tell me?

I dont have any personal information on this, as I live in a pretty seismically stable area, although I understtand that it is true, most animals do have severe reactions immediately before an eruption or quake.

Supposedly, the Chinese have a rather successful quake warning system, that revolves around simply observing animals and reporting in a timely basis...

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
wow thats amazing 18 quakes in the south east asia/ociania region. i know quite a few of those would be considered "aftershocks" because of the big one in milford sound (south island NZ), i heard that shocks were felt as far away from milford sound as New plymmoth. im not shure how far away that is but i know people who live in the area and i hope they are ok.

i do hope all of the NZ members of ATS are ok. and if anyone can report on this it would be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
NZ quake news:
www9.sbs.com.au...

There have been no reports of injury, a factor the New Zealand Institute says was largely due to the sparse population of the area.

*WHEW*

-B.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the update Banshee

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
HELLO!

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

I think today can officially be classified as a "worldwide seismic event."

-B.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
B.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! I haven't seen that much black on the records...well, EVER.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm curious why the readings from the station in Chile is TOTALLY wrong. coverup?

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

I mean like a coverup of a specific event in Chile

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by Loki]

BTW, compare the Chile chart to the Galapagos chart.

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by Loki]

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
thanks for the information banshee

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Here we go again.
I waited until there were 2 reports on it before posting.

seismo.ethz.ch...

21Aug2003 23:31:54.0 68.3N 148.1W 10 M =5.4 M*NEI NORTHERN ALASKA
21Aug2003 23:31:53.2 68.6N 148.2W 33 MS=4.8 M*GSR NORTHERN ALASKA

Looks like around a 5-mag in AK about 45 minutes ago.

Duck & cover, kids. This does not bode well.
-B.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This has been one hell of a day Seismically. Look out.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Do a recent series of tremors indicate a larger quake coming up? I mean how exactly do people use this information, does anyone know?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Actually, what we are seeing today is full scale global quaking...not a serious of tremors.

Now, in this thread you will see me point to the fact that there has been a "swarm" of tiny tremors occurring in Cobb Co., CA for awhile now! and that it mimics the same swarm that prefaced the Northridge quake.

So, in answer to your question, yes, sometimes you can correlate low level activity to an impending larger action.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Mt Rainier?

Mt Rainer erupting soon? Well, if it does, been nice knowin ya all. Even Leveler.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Is this like the biggest thread ever? can we even call it a thread anymore? Isn't it like a ROPE?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
excuse me for possibly missing something but, what exactly is the big deal here?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Is this like the biggest thread ever? can we even call it a thread anymore? Isn't it like a ROPE?

Yeah, it's the biggest.
And no, it's not just a thread anymore. It's...

(that would be the biggest ball of twine in the world)

-B.
all shook up.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
excuse me for possibly missing something but, what exactly is the big deal here?

Try reading the thread first, ok?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I wonder if all this is because of mars getting so close to earth. I think this way because the moon affects tidal waves when there is a full moon.

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join