It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wide Seismic Event...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
I would urge everyone to keep a watchful eye for more such activity. It's a definite prelude to a pole-shift.

La la la

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
They might be caused from the massive coronal hole on the sun or haarp Posted by Energy Wave

I dont know about the coronal discharge causing a lot of this activity. That is a current theory, and I understand the basis behind it, but am not sure it is correct. There is no solid evidence to back it, although there is some correlation between solar flares and seismic activity.

However, I am noticing a significant correlation between HAARP activity and seismic activity, factoring in an average 48-72 hour lead time between HAARP emmissions and noted seismic shocks.

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I believe this is likely linked, directly or indirectly, to the recent geomag storms and the HAARP activity.

OKLAHOMA CITY, May 10 -- The barrage of twisters that ripped across the nation's midsection marked the most active week of tornadoes on record, meteorologists said as they sized up a wave of storms that left 44 people dead from Kansas to Georgia and hit three more states today.

The deadly tornadoes began early in the week in Missouri, Kansas and Tennessee, followed by two rounds of twisters in the Oklahoma City area Thursday and Friday. Storms, combined with straight-line wind, lightning and floods, reduced hundreds of homes and businesses to splinters and piles of loose bricks.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
A magnitude 5.9 earthquake IN SOUTHERN MOLUCCA SEA has occurred at:
0.99S 126.95E Depth 33km Sun May 11 17:51:35 2003 UTC

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Are there statistically more earthquakes now than before? Do we see an increase in the ammounts of earthquakes nowdays? And what about magnetude? Are there more heavier quakes now than before? Please answer with some hard facts here.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
A magnitude 5.6 earthquake IN NORTHERN SUMATRA, INDONESIA has occurred at:
1.14N 98.83E Depth 72km Mon May 12 03:03:04 2003 UTC

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Are there statistically more earthquakes now than before? Do we see an increase in the ammounts of earthquakes nowdays? And what about magnetude? Are there more heavier quakes now than before? Please answer with some hard facts here. Posted by Mikromarius

In a word, yes.

Total numbers of earthquakes are increasing, although we had a peak in 1995 in terms of intensity, but that trend is increasing again (at least recently)

wwwneic.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
From the same page...

As more and more seismographs are installed in the world, more earthquakes can be and have been located. However, the number of large earthquakes (magnitude 6.0 or greater) have stayed relatively constant.

increasing technology = increasing hysteria....

Originally posted by dragonrider
Are there statistically more earthquakes now than before? Do we see an increase in the ammounts of earthquakes nowdays? And what about magnetude? Are there more heavier quakes now than before? Please answer with some hard facts here. Posted by Mikromarius

In a word, yes.

Total numbers of earthquakes are increasing, although we had a peak in 1995 in terms of intensity, but that trend is increasing again (at least recently)

wwwneic.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
well, after reccently being in my first quake(about 4 months ago), and they my city got hit with with over a 100 tremors in an earthquake swarm (about 3 months ago, for around a month), i can safely say, if there is anyway that earthquakes can be predicted i would like to know..

as it is by far the scaryest thing i have ever experienced...

as soon as you realise that this event is out of your control 100% your world just collapses completely...

i mean ive been threatend with knives, ive also had somebody throw petrol on me and threaten to set me on fire.. i just laughed in them situations and stayed calm..

but earthquakes really scare me...

if quakes are happening i would like to know about it...

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
A magnitude 6.4 earthquake IN NORTH ATLANTIC OCEAN has occurred at:
18.24N 58.61W Depth 33km Wed May 14 06:03:35 2003 UTC

A magnitude 6.6 earthquake IN NORTH ATLANTIC OCEAN has occurred at:
18.25N 58.66W Depth 40km Wed May 14 06:03:36 2003 UTC

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
A lot of seismic activity today, especially in Missouri and the Florida preserve. This is very significant as I interpret that to be activity in the New Madrid.

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

IRIS is showing a good bit of activity in the Carribean/Atlantic, which is also very unusual.

www.iris.edu...

No active solar flares, but another geomagnetic storm...

www.maj.com...

A good bit of HAARP emission activity today, and for the last couple of days... I am finding a correlation between this and the geomagnetic storm, although there is no associated solar flares...

New Madrid Quakes in the last 14 days

www.eas.slu.edu...

List of most current mag 3.0+ EQs in central US

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
North Pole on the Move
13-May-2003

The magnetic North Pole is leaving Canada and will eventually wind up in Russia. Larry Newitt, of the Geological Survey of Canada, says, "Although it has been moving north or northwest for a hundred years, it is not going to continue in that direction forever. Its speed has increased considerably during the past 25 years, and it could just as easily decrease a few years from now."
The Earth's magnetic field comes from its outer core, and is produced by the movement of molten iron 1,850 miles below the surface. It's also influenced by charged particles from the sun. The magnetic North Pole is different from the geographic North Pole, which is a fixed point on the planet. The magnetic pole is currently 600 miles from the geographic one.

Because the magnetic pole is in the Arctic Ocean right now, scientists have to wait for the right time of year to study it. "We always do this kind of work in May. We need frozen conditions so that we can land an airplane anywhere on ice or snow, but not so cold that it is impossible to work outdoors," Newitt says.

It�s a short plane ride away from Resolute Bay, one of Canada's most northerly settlements. Its 200 residents like to wear a T-shirt that says, "Resolute is not the end of the world, but you can see it from here."

Despite its remote location, tourists come to Resolute who want to visit the North Pole. In 1984, Newitt was approached by a newlywed couple. He says, "When they heard we were going to the pole they asked if they could hitch a ride. When asked why they wanted to go there, they replied that they wanted to conceive their child there."
www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What's Happening with the Tornadoes? By Henry Willis
printer friendly version send to a friend previous | next

The first two weeks of May this year saw the largest cluster of tornadoes in the Midwestern U.S. since record keeping began in 1950. In a ten day period of time, 384 tornadoes touched ground. There is a clear explanation for why this happened. However, the implications of that explanation lead to some serious conclusions.

More tornadoes occur in the Midwestern U.S. than anywhere else in the world. The reason for this is the unique geographic features that border on this region. Cold, dry air flows eastward from the Rockie Mountains until it hits the warm, moist air flowing northward from the Gulf of Mexico. The area where these two air masses come together in the Midwest is known as "Tornado Alley."

Normally, the meeting of these two air masses is disbursed over a wide area, and as such, large clusters of tornadoes over a short period of time are a rare event. Enter El Ni�o. In the years when El Ni�o occurs, there is a southward shift in the Jet Stream. Visualize the flow of the Jet Stream across the U.S. during El Ni�o years as lazy "S". The bottom of the "S" sweeps across northern Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas. The "S" then turns northwards across western Arkansas and Missouri, before again curving eastward toward the State of New York.

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
A magnitude 5.5 earthquake IN THE VANUATU ISLANDS has occurred at:
18.79S 168.70E Depth 87km Sun May 18 01:31:49 2003 UTC

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Vanuatu??? The incorporation headquarters for KAZAA??? Its an RIAA conspiracy! They are hijacking HAARP to trigger earthquakes there to knock KAZAA offline!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hey, maybe thats not too far off the mark... HAARP magnetometer is offline, and there are no other major seismic events on the board....

Very curious.

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

According to IRIS, Vanuatu quake is the only one current on the board... very curious...

www.iris.edu...

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
A magnitude 5.5 earthquake IN SAN JUAN PROVINCE, ARGENTINA has occurred at:
31.28S 68.66W Depth 115km Sun May 18 21:10:22 2003 UTC

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Last Update: 18 May 2003, 03:25 UTC (11:25 pm EDT 17 May):

Aurora / Geomagnetic Activity Update: Unsettled to weakly active conditions are expected to dominate over the next 72 hours. No significant auroral activity is anticipated.

Solar Update: Generally low levels of solar activity are expected over the next 72 hours.

www.spacew.com...

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
According to NOAA the geomagnetic field is currently quiet.

www.maj.com...

HAARP is currently quiet (the seem to go hand in hand)

Very little seismic activity other than in Antarctica

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

And in South America

www.iris.edu...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join