It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wide Seismic Event...

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just wanted to throw in one Native American prophecy concerning your last post:

When the sisters (Mt. St. Helen and Mt. Hood) call, the grandfather (Mt. Rainier) will answer.

Interpretation being...if the two sisteres become active, Mt. Rainier will follow shortly.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm familier with it. That would be "the sign" that there is no turning back.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
And everyone welcome back Yellow Knife!
*polite applause*

Don't forget to keep an eye on the Talkeenta tracing. It being so close to Anchorage, there's no reason its data ought to be so different than Anchorage's.

Speaking of Anchorage, it's still not acting right. I wonder if this has anything to do with the supposed "hacking" activity I heard about.
Another option is that it's just that far offscale. Some of the hiccup-y tracings that pop up on the 1000nT scale make me wonder about that.

Oh, and I spoke to a friend of mine who does that whole ham radio thing. He uses a type of receiver (?) that takes the radio waves bounced off the ionosphere. He hasn't been able to get a connection this way for days now.

THIS is interesting!
From IRIS www.iris.edu...

DATE LAT LON MAG DEPTH REGION
07-AUG-2003 06:41:30 63.59 -147.27 4.7 0.0 CENTRAL ALASKA

A 4.7 mag SURFACE quake?
What the hell is that?
6 quakes on IRIS today thus far, including the AK one.

RedPuma mostly agrees, again.
seismo.ethz.ch...
7 quakes at 3.0 mag+

All 3 Antarctic stations are vibrating today,
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...
Including a weird little jump at Palmer Station.
Everything else seems a bit unsettled, but nothing too terribly weird.

Gonna need someone to take the reins on this Saturday. It's a show day for me again, and I'll be gone from early morning 'til late at night.

-B.

[Edited on 7-8-2003 by Banshee]

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 05:55 AM
link   
B. don't worry about Saturday. I'll hit in the morning and then try to update again later in the evening.

As for right now, Yellow Knife is, in fact, back on line...and would you classify these HAARP traces as epileptic, or what?

HELLO!

and we're in a solar storm

www.n3kl.org...

But so far we're pretty quite on the seismic front except for a couple of little trembles in France and this one in India:

2003/08/08 09:59:29.7 27.1N 96.9E 33G mb4.9 A MIX MYANMAR-INDIA BORDER REGION

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Valhall, you're right, they are really getting some good licks in before the weekend.

Banshee, I think I will be able to chime in through mid-day if any excitment occurs. If it does, I'll screen-cap it.
Do you have a match this weekend? Where do you wrestle?

-AC

Just an edit to add the following..

"August 7, 2003 � As the peak of the Atlantic hurricane season approaches, NOAA forecasters today said they still predict an above-normal Atlantic hurricane season, and now call for a total of between 12-15 tropical storms, with 7-9 becoming hurricanes, and 3 or 4 becoming major hurricanes (Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale: Category 3 or higher). The update is consistent with the ranges stated in the May outlook, which called for 11-15 tropical storms, 6-9 hurricanes and 2-4 major hurricanes."

"Since May, NOAA scientists have observed atmospheric conditions becoming increasingly favorable for an above-normal hurricane season. These favorable conditions, combined with the active phase of the Atlantic multi-decadal signal, indicate an above-normal Atlantic hurricane season is likely."

"These favorable conditions are being aided by wind and air pressure patterns that have persisted for the past eight years. Meteorologist Stanley Goldenberg at the NOAA Hurricane Research Division said this active multi-decadal signal is expected to last for at least another decade, and has already helped to make 1995-2002 the most active period since 1944."

This might belong on the weird weather thread more than this one but I think, as most of you do that all this ties in somehow..

www.noaanews.noaa.gov...

[Edited on 8-8-2003 by astrocreep]

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Quakes
The big Antarctic quake from a few days back has had several aftershocks.
Were this an explosion of some sort, or someone "hitting something," I don't think there'd be aftershocks in such a normal-appearing fashion. This looks to have been an actual quake, and in an area of the world that very rarely experiences seismic activity.

If some agency is digging at Antarctica and set off a large explosion they may well let off smaller ones afterwards to either clear away further debris or to lull us into thinking it was just a normal quake.

What do you think?

Any more data yet?

[Edited on 8-8-2003 by johnb]

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hey, check this out. I'm not finding any listing yet on IRIS or ESMC about something happening in the Pacific NW.

www.geophys.washington.edu...

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
ewwww...this is interesting. Remember how we've seen a number of LARGE quakes recently at the Carlsberg Ridge in the Indian Ocean???

Well, appears there's a little more to it:

Carlsberg Ridge Volcano (Indian Ocean)
Friday 8th August 2003
Scientists have discovered a "smoking" volcano 3,000 metres below the surface of the Indian Ocean. Scientists on board a research vessel detected a huge, dark plume of water, 600 metres thick and over 30 kilometres wide, rising hundreds of metres above a lava-strewn valley on the Carlsberg ocean ridge. "Black smokers", often teeming with exotic lifeforms, are known to exist in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans but their discovery in the Indian Ocean is very recent.

www.volcanolive.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Talkeetna's north tracing went offscale high about 14 hours ago and has firmly stayed there since.
The other stations (except Anchorage) are waaaay active...Anchorage is still hiccupy and weird with no sign of a north tracing in about 24 hours.

4 quakes on IRIS today.
www.iris.edu...
But 9 on RedPuma
seismo.ethz.ch...
Only 3 of the RedPuma quakes are

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I am knew here, my name is BOBO!
This thread reads like a novel, I love it!
I have not been everywhere but I have been there?
I will attempt to contribute, but may fall short, your expertise is noted!
Please allow me to paticipate, as futile as I am I mean WELL!

BOBO!

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Welcome, BOBO, to the shake and bake world wide seismic thread.

We look forward to your input!

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Phillip Attaway
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Eugene Irvin
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Robert Pier
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Robert Stines
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Please feel free to Contact my associates on anything pertaining to Alaska , tell them BOBO sent YA' they will know!

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Wow, BOBO gave alot of info..wonder why he got banned so fast?

Banshee, the best of luck to ya but we know its all skill right? If you tackle that like you do your research, I'm sure you're forminable opponent. Just a hunch but I'll bet you're a John Boy and Billy fan. "You all keep em straight up there!! Duh Huh!"

Let us know how you make out, K?

We'll keep an eye on HAARP for yas..

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BOBO
Phillip Attaway
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Eugene Irvin
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Robert Pier
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Robert Stines
E-mail Address(es):
[email protected]

Please feel free to Contact my associates on anything pertaining to Alaska , tell them BOBO sent YA' they will know!

Bobo, you and your friends wouldn't happen to know first hand anything about the effects of H.A.A.R.P. would you? Like mind control. Ever live in Oregon?

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Not more than 5 minutes ago, I was told from a valid source that
Yellowstone is expected to blow VERY SOON.

According to the news, Yellowstone has been closed to visitors
because of the underground heat.

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Not more than 5 minutes ago, I was told from a valid source that
Yellowstone is expected to blow VERY SOON.

According to the news, Yellowstone has been closed to visitors
because of the underground heat.

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

I was just talking to DR about Yellowstone last nite.
He said something about 2/3 of the trails closed to the public due to the rising temperatures. But now the whole park is closed??
Have you posted this in the Yellowstone thread yet? This news shouldn't be potentially lost here.

This is just crazy!

-B.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Wow, BOBO gave alot of info..wonder why he got banned so fast?

maybe because it's way past bad form to post other people's emails (especially their work emails)...and especially without their permission.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Not much to report on the seismic record yet today, just a few little shakes.

But the mag traces started getting disturbed just a few hours ago.

Be sure and turn on Talkeetna...and check out that bizarre little flat-line back about noon yesterday

We are not in a solar storm right now, just unsettled.

But check out this trace from Mt. St. Helen's Dome

www.syzygyjob.net...

rut-ro

and Glacier Peak

www.ess.washington.edu...

There was another quake in Alaska though:

4.7 2003/08/09 10:25:30 55.964 -156.708 1.0 112 km ( 69 mi) ESE of Chignik, AK
Saturday, August 9, 2003 at 2:25:30 AM (AKDT) - Alaska

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well, just to keep this updated and at the top of this forum, Haarp seems to be going flatline at most stations.

And Gakona is aswell going flatline

Strange, it seems as if HAARP is quieting down, perhaps its being manipulated but something doesn't seem right, either way.

-Ike

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 05:21 AM
link   
IRIS is only showing one quake today

09-AUG-2003 16:26:15 51.68 -171.28 5.0 33.0 FOX ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN ISLANDS

www.iris.edu...

HAARP is kicking up a bit today, but is still quite quiet.

-Ike

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join