It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wide Seismic Event...

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Just took a little break from my vacation to check out the seismic activity and its about what I would expect today. There is activity but I'm not seeing the pattern i saw yesterday. Banshee, thanks for replying to my post and I realize there may be some discrepencies but for the most part, yesterday, it seemed we did have a seismic event which showed up on most if not all locations. If I'm not mistaken, are all those times UTC? Its kinda tough to see on my 14" monitor.

Meanwhile, here in KY, we had a little shake ( I didn't feel it) abour 2:30am and again about 7:45am yesterday morning. It wasn't much but I'm trying to figure out why every monitoring station from Fulton County east to Grayson County picked it up but Lexington (central KY) didn't. Every other station from tip to tip showed it but Lexington was flat as a pancake. ??? Oh well. Maybe they were offline or something but they show data for those times.

back to vacation...

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
No..they could not do that.

========================================

Nay Soothsayer,,

They could do that. However it would create a mess!
On the surface. The current mode of reality is to control the production.
And besides that, there is current speculation that oil is a renewable resource, even though it should not be one at all. At leadst not for power.
It has been recently noted in the Gulf of Mexico, that depleted formations have been repleted so to speak. Their levels have risen.
Which makes sense if you think about it.
The deepest well I have ever worked on was 29,000+ feet in the Gulf with a BHCT of 365 degree's. Deep and hot.
What is below that is anyone's guess. I am of the opinion that it is feaseable there is simply more oil and gas and other fantastic stuff created by intense heat and pressure.
We now inject water, nitrogen, steam, etc.... to remove oil from depleted formations at great expense. This may be totally unnecessary and a waste of time and energy.
It is belived by some that oil is just like water, except more viscous and consequently, slower, like molasses. However it seeks its own level.
The other day some one some where questioned why doesn't the earth collapse as we create empty pockets in it by removal of oil. Well it does we just do not notice it here at the surface.
To remedy this we hydraulically fracture the earth with horsepower.
However, newer, bolder theories suggest that patience may be a easier and less expensive and friendlier way to increase production of a nuisance, at best.
The oil will rise from the bowels of the earth and fill the gaps just as it does in your machine, the body.
Think about it!
TUT

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Something VERY wierd is going on with HAARP at the moment...

Gakona has been offline for 10 hours.

College has lost ALL North and Vertical trace

Anchorage has lost ALL trace high...

Yellow Knife and Resolute Bay are SERIOUSLY going crazy....

This is NOT RIGHT.

Expect a hell of a banger day of quakes about the 31st...

D a t e Time (UTC) Location Dep Magni. T AGY R e g i o n HHMM

28Jul2003 09:32:09.0 3.0S 77.2W 43 M =4.4 M NEI PERU-ECUADOR BORDER REGION1531

28Jul2003 04:57:15.9 39.0N 73.4E100 No Mag A*EMS TAJIKISTAN-XINJIANG BORDER0804
28Jul2003 04:57:36.2 42.0N 74.5E 50 MS=3.3 M*GSR KYRGYZSTAN 0655

28Jul2003 03:28:41.0 1.1S 67.5E 10 M =5.7 M*NEI CARLSBERG RIDGE 1641
28Jul2003 03:28:41.0 1.1S 67.5E 10 M =5.2 M*NEI CARLSBERG RIDGE 1601
28Jul2003 03:28:49.2 0.4S 67.6E 33 MS=4.8 M*GSR CARLSBERG RIDGE 0734

seismo.ethz.ch...

Palmer Station Antarctica still showing the excavation activity for well over 24 hours now...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Scott Base Antarctica was showing similar activity, stopped 10 hours ago, but no idea how long it has been active.

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

WEEKEND AURORAS: On July 26th, Earth entered a solar wind stream flowing from a coronal hole from the sun. The encounter triggered mild geomagnetic storms and auroras over US states like Minnesota and Wisconsin. John Carlson of Hutchinson, Minnesota, photographed these Northern Lights over Swan Lake on Sunday morning, July 27th.

spaceweather.com...

That may have explained the weekend, and the HAARP activity (using it as a mask), but what about today????

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Originally posted by Valhall
Didn't you say tody is your birthday B???

If so, happy shakey birfday!!!!

Hehe, yes yes.
Thank you.

I have some cookies & some Dr Pepper to celebrate.
But I don't need Mars to crash into the moon or something to make my day complete, thankyouverymuch!

-B.

=======================================
Happy Birthday,
Looks like you got a good gift. According to the date of this post, every day from now on is going to be your birthday! 07/24
Part down babe!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Okay, how gimped up can a gimp up be if a gimp up could be gimped???

Gakona...went offline about what 13, 14 hours ago.

College no blue, no black and at about the same time Gakona went offline, the College redline went FLAT...deadballs zero.

Anchorage...blue peeks on the screen only occasionally, but mainly is offscale hi...big ol gap in the red trace about 12 hours ago.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
What's Up With the Hum?
27-Jul-2003

The quest for the source of the strange sound known as the Kokomo hum—the low, unending sound that's been driving residents of this Indiana town nuts for a couple of years—is still going on. The town is paying sound expert Jim Cowan $100,000 to track it down.The low-frequency noise causes some people stress that leads to health problems such as nausea, headaches or insomnia. Some hear it as a hum, while others feel it as a rumble.

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I know someone from kokomo online, would you like me to ask them about it?

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yeah, that would be good. Real world feedback would be very valuable.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I heard somewhere, from somebody, who knew someone in the know zone, that it was a undergroud facility under construction.
Now sweep that back under the rug

tuttut

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Of all the places on the planet, WHY would you want an underground facility under ANTARCTICA???

The most secluded, isolated place on the planet.

The coldest place on the planet.

The most dangerous environment on the planet.

The most expensive environment to support a base in.

And you have to dig through 2 km of ice before you even get to the bedrock???

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
AURORA OUTLOOK Earth is inside a high-speed solar wind stream that has triggered some mild geomagnetic storms. During the weekend when Earth entered the stream auroras appeared over US states like Minnesota and Wisconsin. There is a slim chance for more such auroras tonight. [gallery]

I would not say that this is mild when you look at what is going on with HAARP....

All magnetometers are going absolutely insane today...

29Jul2003 14:02:48.0 21.5S 68.1W 99 M =5.3 M*NEI CHILE-BOLIVIA BORDER REGIO1456
29Jul2003 14:02:48.4 21.5S 68.1W 99 M =5.3 M*NEI CHILE-BOLIVIA BORDER REGIO1449

29Jul2003 09:02:56.0 36.6N 121.1W 7 M =3.3 M NEI CENTRAL CALIFORNIA 1406

29Jul2003 06:25:38.2 26.2N 95.9E 33 MS=3.5 M GSR MYANMAR-INDIA BORDER REGIO0737

29Jul2003 05:31:30.8 35.7N 10.6W 0 ML=5.4 M*LDG NORTH ATLANTIC OCEAN 0708
29Jul2003 05:31:39.0 36.7N 9.9W 50 MS=4.5 M*GSR WEST OF GIBRALTAR 0703
29Jul2003 05:31:30.8 35.7N 10.6W 45 ML=5.4 M*EMS NORTH ATLANTIC OCEAN 0638

29Jul2003 03:03:56.0 28.2N 142.9E 33 M =4.8 M*NEI BONIN ISLANDS REGION 1551
29Jul2003 03:04:19.5 29.3N 142.9E200 mb=5.0 M*GSR SOUTH OF HONSHU, JAPAN 0428

seismo.ethz.ch...

Tunnelling activity is still going on in Palmer Station Antarctica for at least 48 hours straight now...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Of all the places on the planet, WHY would you want an underground facility under ANTARCTICA???

The most secluded, isolated place on the planet.

The coldest place on the planet.

The most dangerous environment on the planet.

The most expensive environment to support a base in.

And you have to dig through 2 km of ice before you even get to the bedrock??? [/quote

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually the hum is in Indiana and it is the one referred to in my above post! As to the hole in Antartica refer to your new thread!

TUT TUT

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
On the left side of the magchain site, you can select the sites you want shown.
Check out Talkeetna.
It kind of makes everything else look like a sneeze.
Talkeetna is in south-central AK, about 100 miles north of Anchorage.

"Talkeetna is an important refueling site for the military with their CH 47 Chinook and Blackhawk helicopters..."
www.talkeetnanews.com...

""Traditionally this technology has been used for 20 years in classified military and "spook" applications, to detect collisions, "image" targets on the other side of walls, and search for land mines," says Network Magazine, November 2001. Someone decided to use this technology in a small town, probably thinking no one would notice or complain. Kinda like detonating nuclear devices in the desert, who would notice?"
www.kimskomputerkorner.com...

....this is one of the more disturbing files I've seen on HAARP. Here's to stumbling across things.
www-star.stanford.edu...

"Since 1995, CAGW has identified $70 million appropriated for HAARP."
publications.cagw.org...

Okay, anyways, I really just meant to find out where the hell Talkeetna was, and it kind of spiraled.

Going now.
-B.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well lets see,

My last position was mutually terminated on O8/07/02 as a consultant on the BLM Northern Intertie Project. It is a high transmission power line that travels up over the montains north from a coal fired power plant in Healy Ak.
The ROD travelles north over Rex Dome skirting Clear AFS and then drops down to the plain and t's in to Fort Greely Misslle site and the transmission line to Fairbanks and Poker Flat.
Here I am certain you will find BIG HAARP at Clear AFS on the high plains. Just NW of Gakona about two hundred miles.
Once they fire up that coal plant and send power thru that transmission line BIG HAARP should have enough juice to toast the crap out of the Ionsphere. I am not aware of the progress on the intertie, last year scheduled completion was for September the 15th of this year.
Since I ain't with them they may have slowed down. [lol]

tut tut!

Additional pieces to the puzzle that have shown themselves only serve to heighten speculation that we are not getting clear and concise answers. There is a connection to the recently installed Cray supercomputer at UAF and to the Geophysical Institute there. There is an obvious power requirement that might be met by a proposed coal power plant at Healy, connected by a proposed power distribution intertie. Some of the experiments will require "seeding" the ionosphere with chemicals that could be delivered by rockets from the Poker Flats rocket range near Fairbanks. Patents held by the ARCO subsidiary building HAARP describe a similar ionospheric heater and claim abilities to stop missiles, change weather, and disrupt global communications. The inventor, Bernard Eastlund, claims he was hired by ARCO to find a use for their Alaska North Slope gas deposits; hence, his inventions described in the patents. Microwave News May/June, 1994 reported Eastlund said "The HAARP project obviously looks a lot like the first step toward this."

Clare Zickuhr, a former ARCO employee and ham radio operator based in Anchorage, is a founder of the NO HAARP campaign. Gar Smith is editor of the editor of Earth Island Journal.

======================================

HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program), being constructed for the Air Force and Navy by an ARCO subsidiary, is such a project. Touted as scientific research, HAARP is a thinly disguised project to "perturb" the ionosphere with extremely powerful beams of energy to see what military uses it can serve. According to the HAARP RFP, these energy beams will be used to "control ionospheric processes in such a way as to greatly enhance the performance of C3 systems (or, to deny accessibility to an adversary)." That sounds like a weapon to this writer. Other such projects go by the code names BIME, RED AIR, CRRES, EXCEDE, CHARGE IV, WISP, ACTIVE, HIPAS, RADC, AIM, etc..

n the US such systems are located at Arecibo, Puerto Rico and Fairbanks, Alaska. Other installations are at Tromso, Norway; Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod and Apatity, Russia; Kharkov, Ukraine and Dushanbe, Tadzhikistan. None of these existing systems, however, have the combination of frequency capability and beam steering agility required to perform the experiments planned for HAARP.

Design and Construction

As the result of a competitive procurement the Air Force and Navy have awarded a contract to ARCO Power Technologies, Inc. (APTI) for the design and construction of the IRI and associated support facilities. The IRI design was selected while considering both cost and environmental impacts. The current schedule anticipates construction at the Gakona site would begin November 1993 and conclude the fall of 1994 with the demonstration prototype. Construction for the full-size IRI is anticipated to begin early 1995 and conclude late 1997.

Site Location

As part of the environmental decision making process, Gakona and Clear AFS were considered as alternative sites for the HAARP facility. On 18 October 1993, a Record of Decision (ROD) was signed by the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, selecting Gakona, Alaska as the site for the HAARP Ionospheric Research Facility. The ROD signing follows the Air Force preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement evaluating the potential environmental effects of the HAARP facility.

Additional Information

An updated version of this fact sheet will be issued as often as program changes warrant to keep interested parties apprised of significant developments in regard to HAARP. Any individual seeking additional information about HAARP, or wishing to provide comments regarding HAARP, can contact any one of the individuals listed below.

Mr. John Heckscher
Pl/gpia
Phillips Laboratory
29 Randolph Road
Hanscom AFB, MA 01731-3010

Mr. Ralph Scott
3rd Wing Public Affairs Division
Elmendorf AFB, AK 99506

Mr. Guy McConnell
Alaska District Corps of Engineers, Planning
Npaen-pl-er

HAARP, "the most powerful facility (of its kind) in the world" is currently under construction near Gakona, Alaska. Other smaller ionospheric heaters of this type are already in operation in Norway, Ukraine, Russia, Tadzhikistan, Puerto Rico and Fairbanks

"The Soviets, operating at higher powers than the West, now have claimed significant stimulated ionization by electron-impact ionization. The claim is that HF energy, via wave-particle interaction, accelerates ionospheric electrons to energies well in excess of 20 electron volts (eV) so that they will ionize neutral atmospheric particles with which they collide. Given that the Soviet HF facilities are several times more powerful than the Western facilities at comparable midlatitudes, and given that the latter appear to be on a threshold of a new "waveparticle" regime of phenomena, it is believed that the Soviets have crossed that threshold and are exploring a regime of phenomena still unavailable for study or application in the West."

"A key goal of the program [HAARP] is the identification and investigation of those ionospheric processes and phenomena that can be exploited for DoD purposes, such as outlined below.

Geophysical probing to identify and characterize natural ionospheric processes ... so that techniques can be developed to mitigate or control them.

Generation of ionospheric lenses to focus large amounts of HF energy ... thus providing a means for triggering ionospheric processes that potentially could be exploited for DoD purposes.

Electron acceleration for the generation of IR (infrared) and other optical emissions ... that could be used to control radio wave propagation properties.

Generation of geomagnetic-field aligned ionization to control the reflection/scattering properties of radio waves.

Oblique heating to produce effects on radio wave propagation at great distances from the heater, thus broadening the potential military applications of ionospheric enhancement technology.

Generation of ionization layers below 90 km to provide radio wave reflectors ("mirrors") which can be exploited for long range, over-the-horizon, HF/VHF/UHF surveillance purposes ....

Why are the citizens of the United States being asked to pay for such a project? Why do those associated closely with the project reference its use as submarine communications and other apparently innocuous purposes?

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Tut,

Poker Flats far more powerful than Gakona already? (Gakona has been monitored to output over 3.5 gigawatts of power, making it by far the most powerful radio transmitter in history. The information I have about the new array in Colorado is that it will easily exceed 10 gigawatts output)

All the magnetometers are totally tripping out today... I expect a major bumper crop of quakes come thur/friday.

Resolute Bay is diverging, Yellow Knife is going offscale, both low and high, College still only has one trace visible, and talkeenta, which is apparently a tiny speck of nothing, is totally off the hook.

29Jul2003 14:02:38.6 21.4S 68.2W 10 mb=5.0 A*EMS CHILE-BOLIVIA BORDER REGIO1721
29Jul2003 14:02:48.0 21.5S 68.1W 99 M =5.3 M*NEI CHILE-BOLIVIA BORDER REGIO1456
29Jul2003 14:02:48.4 21.5S 68.1W 99 M =5.3 M*NEI CHILE-BOLIVIA BORDER REGIO1449

29Jul2003 09:02:56.0 36.6N 121.1W 7 M =3.3 M NEI CENTRAL CALIFORNIA 1406

29Jul2003 07:09:56.0 16.9N 99.3W 33 M =4.0 M NEI NEAR COAST OF GUERRERO, ME1916

29Jul2003 06:25:38.2 26.2N 95.9E 33 MS=3.5 M GSR MYANMAR-INDIA BORDER REGIO0737

29Jul2003 05:31:26.0 35.8N 10.5W 10 M =5.1 M*NEI NORTH ATLANTIC OCEAN 1751
29Jul2003 05:31:30.8 35.7N 10.6W 0 ML=5.4 M*LDG NORTH ATLANTIC OCEAN 0708
29Jul2003 05:31:39.0 36.7N 9.9W 50 MS=4.5 M*GSR WEST OF GIBRALTAR 0703
29Jul2003 05:31:30.8 35.7N 10.6W 45 ML=5.4 M*EMS NORTH ATLANTIC OCEAN 0638

29Jul2003 03:03:56.0 28.2N 142.9E 33 M =4.8 M*NEI BONIN ISLANDS REGION 1551
29Jul2003 03:04:19.5 29.3N 142.9E200 mb=5.0 M*GSR SOUTH OF HONSHU, JAPAN 0428

seismo.ethz.ch...

IRIS only showing 4 quakes today (relative calm, expect that to change toward the end of the week)

www.iris.edu...

USGS showing relative calm across the board...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

But check this out... Palmer Station Antarctica, now going at least 48 hours nonstop, and apparently intensifying...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Current active geomagnetic storm (termed by spaceweather.com as mild)...

www.n3kl.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
"I've seen things you wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in t
he dark near the Tanhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in the rain...Time to die."
Bladerunner (1982)

"Forget about it!"
Donnie Brasco (1997)

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
All northern magnetometers are going absolutely elpileptic this morning...

College finally got its blue and black traces back...

30Jul2003 12:15:55.3 5.5S 158.3E 30 mb=5.8 A*ODC SOLOMON ISLANDS 1241
30Jul2003 12:15:25.3 21.8S 160.2E 10 mb=5.3 A*SED SOUTHWEST OF NEW CALEDONIA1239

seismo.ethz.ch...

IRIS not showing ANY quakes this morning...

The calm before the storm???

Palmer Station is still going strong with the drilling/tunnelling signature... Almost 50 hours straight...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Scott Base Antarctica is getting some very interesting, but less intense readings as well..

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yeah, HAARP is going nuts today.
Be sure to select the Talkeetna base when looking at the magchain.
Inuvik hasn't had data for as long as I can remember, so nothing odd there. Sitka is the only quiet one.

IRIS is showing 7, including a 4.3 on the Iran/Iraq border.
www.iris.edu...
Everything else is relatively small.

I think I'm with DR on the 'calm before the storm' idea. That's some wacky-a$$ HAARP tracings...

-B.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
No updates here today?? Damn...

HAARP is....you guessed it. Going freakin' nuts.
Interestingly enough, Talkeetna's north & vertical traces are both offscale LOW.
And Yellow Knife looks like someone plugged it into a wall socket. Bzzzt!!

IRIS says only 2 quakes today, both 5+.
www.iris.edu...

Our other sources, for once, seem to agree.

And Palmer Station seems to have quieted down...
www.iris.edu...

Calm before the storm? Or are we just being paranoid? *grins*

-B.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sorry Banshee, been in the field all day, didnt have time to do an update.

Thanks for hitting it though!

USGS has been largely quiet today, even the wierd tunnelling activity in Antarctica seems to be winding down (for now anyway)

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Red Puma only showing 4 quakes today...

31Jul2003 09:47:20.0 5.2N 127.0E 33 M =5.2 M*NEI PHILIPPINE ISLANDS REGION 1441
31Jul2003 09:47:20.5 5.0N 126.5E 33 MS=4.9 M*GSR MINDANAO, PHILIPPINE ISLAN1047

31Jul2003 07:14:43.0 10.1S 74.2W131 M =5.1 M NEI CENTRAL PERU 1426

31Jul2003 03:37:42.0 40.4N 125.1W 3 M =3.2 M NEI OFF COAST OF NORTHERN CALI1451

seismo.ethz.ch...

However, we do appear to be in the midst of a geomagnetic storm (check the KP index)

www.n3kl.org...

But then, they wouldnt pass up a chance to cover up HAARP activity would they?

You know, way back when this thread started, there WAS NOT a correlation between the geomag storms and HAARP activity: they were logged independently. I wonder if they took this "masking" activity after reading this thread?

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join