It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wide Seismic Event...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Magnitude 6.4 EQ just reported in Ankara Turkey, killing or trapping 135 children in a school.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There was also a 5.1 mag, 2 actually 3 day diffrence

DATE LAT LON MAG DEPTH REGION
01-MAY-2003 00:14:08 17.73 147.74 5.1 48 MARIANA ISLANDS REGION
28-APR-2003 12:57:57 12.62 143.96 5.1 24 SOUTH OF MARIANA ISLANDS

Very close to eachother, and dus anyone know whats going on with HARRP it seems to be very active for past 3 days esspecially today

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
No new activity but I did get this revision which supports data in Dragon Rider's above link.

Based on additional information provided by both the USGS and CERI
the following is an update of the Blytheville earthquake. Most
significantly we have revised to magnitude to 4.0

A minor earthquake occurred Tue Apr 29, 2003 at about 23:56:21 CDT
(Apr 30, 2003 04:56:21 GMT). The event was 1.42 km ( 0.88 mi) north
of Blytheville, AR (Mississippi). The magnitude was 4.0.

Origin Time: 2003/04/30 04:56:21.56
Magnitude: 4.0
Hypocenter: 35.94 deg latitude -89.92 deg longitude
Depth: 23.82 km
Number Picks: 34
Closest Station: 9 km
RMS: 0.07 sec
Gap: 75 deg
Quality: A

Error Ellipsoid, axis #1: azm> 146 dip> 1 len> 0.62 km
axis #1: azm> 56 dip> 5 len> 0.34 km

This is a preliminary location and magnitude determined from
data provided by the Central and Southeast U.S. Cooperative
Seismic Network and by the U.S. Geological Survey. Magnitude
and location may change slightly as more data become available.

Additional information on the CUSSN is available at:
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

-----------------------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this e-mail notification please visit:
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
I live in north central Kentucky and have friends who claimed they had things fall off shelves from the quake. I just hope that the San Madrid fault is not about to go. The last time it snapped the Mississippi river revered for 5 minutes and devastated a young St. Louis.

I agree with you completely observer, I can remember the last couple of big quakes associated with it, not fun.

Do you remember when some guy had made a prediction that we were going to have a major earth quake? Its been some time ago, as I was in middle school, but apparantly he was taken very seriously, I remember everyone was on edge that day.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by K_OS

I live in north central Kentucky and have friends who claimed they had things fall off shelves from the quake. I just hope that the San Madrid fault is not about to go. The last time it snapped the Mississippi river revered for 5 minutes and devastated a young St. Louis.

I agree with you completely observer, I can remember the last couple of big quakes associated with it, not fun.

Do you remember when some guy had made a prediction that we were going to have a major earth quake? Its been some time ago, as I was in middle school, but apparantly he was taken very seriously, I remember everyone was on edge that day.

K_OS, I remember that. I think it was late in 1993. I was working with a bridge crew doing pile driving. So, I though, "unless its a awfully big quake, I'm not gonna know it with that thing pounding away". I do remember is was predicted on a Saturday because I was pissed I was having to work on a weekend.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Whoa....

There is a LOT of seismic activity planet wide today, and VERY significant magnitudes... I also notice that all of the seismo data from China is STILL offline...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

www.iris.edu...

Also still in middle of a growing geomagnetic storm. Odd, it is getting stronger, although we are not in middle of another solar flare...

www.maj.com...

HAARP is also VERY active.

Look back at my previous posts, I *did* predict significant seismic activity based on observations of HAARP activity.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by K_OS

Man, I too was in middle school. Crazy, my school called off classes and I remember the whole city was practically in a panic. I was thinking about that yesterday actually.

Astrocreep, it was sometime in the early to mid eighties as I started high school in 1986.

[Edited on 1-5-2003 by observer]

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It's not to far from Iraq is it?

Maybe the US was using HAARP to look into that area for saddam or others who fled Iraq.

HAARP is also used for imaging is it not?

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What is haarp?

Do you think all of these earthquakes mean something?

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
There has obviously been a good deal of HAARP activity, and it can be used for remote ground penetrating tomography (imaging underground structures with over the horizon ground penetrating radar), so that thought is at least possible. However, because Turkey is a NATO nation, I would find it very difficult to believe that Saddam would be found there.

(I personally believe Saddam is dead, but will likely be "resurrected" in order to give justification to invade Syria or Iran, whichever will be next)

Because the Ankara quake is associated with an apparent worldwide trend, I think something much bigger worldwide is coming.

There is evidence that the earths magnetic field may begin "transition", and there may very well be wide spread seismic events associated with this. I notice on the links that I posted that we are still in a geomagnetic storm. This is very interesting, as the geomagnetic field tends to respond to incoming charged particle streams (solar flares). However, there are no active flares right now....

What does all this mean? That is very hard to determine. I know that 20 different seismologists would give you 20 different predictions, and Im not even a seismologist. However, I do have a feeling that something fairly large on a planetary scale is around the corner. I have a feeling that both the San Andreas and the New Madrid will soon be very active. The San Andreas may experience the "big one" (although I dont know that it will reach 8.0 magnitude).

I believe if anything very significant occurs, I expect the New Madrid Seismic Zone to be the epicenter in North America. If and when it kicks off, I expect it to exceed 8.0, possibly as high as 9.0 magnitude, which would by far be the worst quake ever recorded.

I also expect some significant volcanic activity in the western US. I expect we may finally see the Mammoth Lake Caldera explode, which could release as much as 20-50 cubic kilometers of material, and I also expect to see another eruption in the Pacific Northwest, specifically I think Mt Ranier is someplace I dont want to own property around...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
An M Class Flare erupted in the past few hours, still in a geomagnetic storm, although this flare may make it worse.

www.maj.com...

Seismo is fairly quiet, although I wouldnt count on that for too long...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Listing of current quakes...

neic.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 06:34 AM
link   
We got some seismic activity in South Pole, Antartica and in Wake Island, Pacific....

DATE LAT LON MAG DEPTH REGION
01-MAY-2003 19:33:41 10.59 -86.22 4.4 143.2 OFF COAST OF COSTA RICA
01-MAY-2003 19:33:28 10.37 -86.21 4.5 33 OFF COAST OF COSTA RICA
01-MAY-2003 15:48:34 -31.69 -178.92 4.7 79.5 KERMADEC ISLANDS REGION
01-MAY-2003 13:39:46 16.3 -97.97 4.1 33 OAXACA, MEXICO
01-MAY-2003 10:50:40 54.21 -163.77 4.6 72.4 UNIMAK ISLAND REGION
01-MAY-2003 05:23:05 55.7 161.8 4.2 88.3 NEAR EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA
01-MAY-2003 05:22:10 -7.38 106.24 4.5 33 JAWA, INDONESIA
01-MAY-2003 04:02:05 -7.19 122.68 4.8 572.5 FLORES SEA
01-MAY-2003 00:27:04 38.991 40.4619 5.9 10 TURKEY
01-MAY-2003 00:14:08 17.73 147.74 5.1 48 MARIANA ISLANDS REGION

These are all from Yesterday (1st May), Im not sure if this is related although HARRP was active on 29th, 30th and 1st generally around the same time

www.iris.edu...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I just got three e-mail notifications of earth quakes in the NMSZ today ranging from 1.6 to 3.2 in magnitude.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Tuesday morning a 4.9 rolled northern Alabama and I felt it while sitting here in front of the PC around four in the morning.

You psychos keep your HAARP and quakes out of my state, huh? We're plain ol' country folk with no time for this!

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Let's get the statistics on the table.

Dragonrider: Can you please say something about the statistics in all of this? Are there moere quakes than usual these days? Is it irregular, above normal, strange?

Sorry if I sound a bit amper, I've just come home after walking home in the rain from working on the stage since 11 o'clock this morning
Arcturus was great! So was Witchcraft and Neongod, but argh they play loud! My ears and feet are acheing!!!!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I honestly have not personally been keeping any statistics for any amount of time. I would have to research it, so in a day or two I will see what I come up with.

I am just keeping an eye on the correlations between quake activity, HAARP activity (obvious, well developed correlations there), and geomag storms and solar flare activity.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
this is really odd. over the past month there's been an increase in eq's and other geologic activity. i know that's been stated as obvious but still. all i know for sure is that something BIG is goin on. i don't know what. maybe there's something inside the earth. i remember an old game i had where a monster lived inside the earth for eons then destroyed everything and there were eq's before it happened. freaky.,

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I notice that HAARP activity is usually suppressed on the weekends... I guess the operators get weekends off...

The geomagnetic field is currently stable and quiet (havent seen that in a while)

www.maj.com...

Something VERY significant happening seismically... a lot of activity, apparently mainly in the pacific rim, although shown as far as Arizona.... awful strange that all seismo feeds from China are STILL down... been a long time since we've seen Chinese seismo data...

Also, please note that there was significant HAARP activity just a couple days ago...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

www.iris.edu...

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Maybe the HAARP activity and no seismic data from China has something to do with China's sub accident?

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
A magnitude 5.6 earthquake IN SOUTHERN XINJIANG, CHINA has occurred at:
39.44N 77.09E Depth 10km Sun May 4 15:44:35 2003 UTC

A magnitude 6.6 earthquake IN THE KERMADEC ISLANDS, NEW ZEALAND has occurred at:
30.56S 178.41W Depth 33km Sun May 4 13:15:15 2003 UTC

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join