It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Speech - An excuse to be Openly an Anti-Muslim

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
How many more of these Muslim threads are you going to make? What are you trying to achieve? No one will convert or take your opinion to their heart, you'll just get attacked rightfully because we are talking about RELIGIONS.

I have many muslim friends, some are extremist, but i dont care they'll evolve from it in time, like christians did.
Get over yourself, no one cares about your religion or any other, especially if you whine about how much people dont like your religion. Go whine somewhere else you are getting annoying and ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Wait a minute ... after what all you just posted you said Freedom of Speech some where in there.

You basically just showed us how much freedom of speech is limited. Thanks.

I find the logic you present sickening. Not all Muslims are bad. Forgive us for not accepting you with open arms however , the Muslim radicals act and speak just like a moderate before he blows your face off. We can't tell who is who.

They are doing this in mass. This isn't just a few radicals, it is millions. The moderate Muslims suffer, yes they do, but they can in no way blame us when they wear a religion that is actively terrorizing the world and killing innocent civilians on purpose with no cause other than "Allah Ackbar."

So yes, their religion isn't accepted as say a Buddhist who isn't currently blowing us up constantly and declaring death to America. At least not yet.

Are you a Muslim by the way? I am just wondering. Would explain a lot of your biased opinions.
edit on 19-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarBoy
How many more of these Muslim threads are you going to make? What are you trying to achieve? No one will convert or take your opinion to their heart, you'll just get attacked rightfully because we are talking about RELIGIONS.

I have many muslim friends, some are extremist, but i dont care they'll evolve from it in time, like christians did.
Get over yourself, no one cares about your religion or any other, especially if you whine about how much people dont like your religion. Go whine somewhere else you are getting annoying and ridiculous.

The OP makes threads either justifying muslims who take violent/extreme actions or spewing anti american/western propaganda with baseless facts. it IS VERY annoying.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjigga

It is very annoying. His logic is very off base as well. Aparantly he doesnt know just how extreme Muslims can be and defends them killing innocent human beings.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

While this might upset you I have this strange aversion to any pseudo religious cult founded by a pedophile that demands I convert or they are going to cut off my head so ya I'm going to use my First Amendment Rights to speak up about how I do not like this kind of BS!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Man... I'm glad I decided to come back read the posts that I knew I had missed earlier. Thanks for posting that! It was, without a doubt, the "sweetest post" I have ever read on ATS. I loved it! Thank you VERY much!

I can only give you one star so, how about a few thumbs up?
... Hell... here's some more...

See ya,
Milt
edit on 19-2-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Don't generalize. Your fairy tales are not better. At least you christians don't take every word bible says for real like it was taken few hundred years ago.

I don't mind religion as long as its not taken to extreme.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with freedom of speech and it should be defended. The problem is the that people don't want to consider the other side of this coin, the duty to respect and accept others and their opinions. Also people need to understand that people won't always react in a positive way to your opinion. So don't start crying when some groups take offence. All should be held accountable for their actions and for what they say.
People just want to jam their opinions in eachother's throat without consequences. That isn't the way it works.
edit on 19-2-2012 by GrouchyGrouch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
oops my bad
edit on 19-2-2012 by GrouchyGrouch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

the level of anti-Muslim rhetoric in this and other countries is alarming.

I won't deny that statement... but here is another one that's just as true:
The level of anti-US rhetoric in this and other countries is VERY alarming!

USA bashing is much more acceptable here, in this forum, than Muslim bashing (or any other group bashing) is. Why is one tolerated by our members, and the other is not?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Dumbest thread ever.

For starters, disliking (or hating) ones religious beliefs isn't racism. People speak out against Christianity, Judaism +++ constantly. It's not saying, "I hate the persons skin color who believes in this", it's saying, "I hate the persons belief system".

Only difference is, Muslims are more vehement when it comes to defending their religious views then Christians, Jew's. So people like YOU think worse of it.

To make things more clear for you "The Professional", use this in the future:

Racism (Not protected by freedom of speech): "I hate Arabs"
NOT Racism (and protected by freedom of speech): "I hate Islam"

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

Why hate anyone at all though man? We're all just human beings.

Well... because some people have more than earned it.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
There’s a difference between freedom of speech and being politically correct.

I am free to say what I like in private. In public, I can say what I like as it is not construed as inciting hate et al. I can even publish cartoons of Jesus and Mohamed, although the latter may attract some nutcases. I live in a liberal democracy, where most people are grown up.

Sadly, in almost all Muslim countries freedom of speech, political expression and action is severely curtailed and controlled. Sadly many Muslim countries have shoddy human rights records and the citizenry is disenfranchised. Free speech and Islam appear to be contradictory.

Regards

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnswerTo1984

First. We are not talking about an ETHNIC group. Okay? You don't need to be from Afganastan to be Muslim. Second, Christians have alot to answer for with the Crusades and the needless killing of countless people at the stake. Your religion is not without fault sir. Jesus Christ is seen as a prophet like Muhammad in Islam. Infact the only difference between to the 2 religions is that Muslims believe Christ to be a prophet and Christians believe him to be the actual son of God. There really is no other difference.

I'm so sick of ignorant bible thumpers that refuse to even look at religion and respect it for what it is. The 2 religions were formed at the same time based on the same bs stories that were passed down for thousands of years. Get over it. Your book isn't unique. Infact, the only thing it's done was kill people. That's it.

So go bash your head off the wall at your local church and make sure you step over the homeless man on the way out. Fake Christians make me sick.

There is simply no way to plumb the depths of how wrong this post is.

Isa is NOT "seen as a prophet like Muhammad in Islam". He is believed to be a prophet, subservient to Muhammad.

There is a WORLD of difference between the two religions. I was a muslim when I was younger, although I am not any more. I'm well aware of the differences. I'm also extremely aware of the penalties for apostasy in certain circles of Islam, having been on the receiving end of threats for leaving the religion. I'm well past the two day reconsideration period allowed.

The two religions were NOT formed at the same time, or even in the same place, nor from the same stories. Their inception is separated by around 600 years. Islam has an entire mythology unique to Islam, and the elements it shares in common with Christianity and Judaism are not the same as found in those religions - they have a decidedly islamic spin and go off on entirely different tangents.

Neither the Bible, the Qur'an, nor the Talmud or Torah has EVER killed anyone at all. People kill people, not books. I've never heard of anyone dying from a paper cut, let alone a cut from that thin, flimsy-assed paper.

You should examine the history of the Crusades. Crusaders were not the only folks killing people, and the invasions were initiated as a response to Islamic aggression. No one just sat around one day and said "what do you want to do today? How about we travel a few thousand miles to a desert area and kill off the folks who live there? I'm tired of just killing off these locals." I'm sort of tired of folks who don't know history trying to lay the blame for the Crusades at one door, and giving the other a pass.

edit on 2012/2/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by StarBoy

What? Not sure why you brought Christianity into this argument , it is not about Christians. Get over yourself. If you are going to reference a religion, at least try to make a reference to the original poster's topic or don't post at all. We don't need more people constantly changing the content of threads, or addressing issues that are outside the thread's topic.

Got a problem with Christianity? Follow forum rules and make a thread about it in the proper forum. Don't knock someone elses thread around - if i wanted to talk about my religion in a way in which you just presented your statement , id be in the religious section of the forums.

Not general conspiracies.
edit on 19-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

Yeah but when you call a white man a white pig, it doesn't matter, its not seen as anything, muslim and black man act so tough, then why is it that they are so sensitive to name calling when white people arnt?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I agree with this as its always the muslims and blacks that seem to have a big problem with white people, if you say one bad word against them they get so so upset about it and tell the goverment, but if we get called white trash nothing is said or done, they're just little bitches to me.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

reply to post by milkyway12

Don't generalize. Your fairy tales are not better. At least you christians don't take every word bible says for real like it was taken few hundred years ago.

I don't mind religion as long as its not taken to extreme.

Yes they do take every word literal. Maybe you haven't met any Christians.

What you are talking about are secularist Christians. There are also secularist Muslims around.

Oh my gosh did I break your little bubble? I didn't mean to..

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Wow damn. That does suck very much. I was in the cab with a middle eastern man last night, he wanted to go the long way and take my money lol. I told him and my friend that he just wanted to go that way to get more money and it was the truth. When I said truth out loud for the secon time it sparked a nerve. The man got very quiet. I saw his ID and he looked exactly like one of the terrorist bombers I saw in the media. He had a enraged look on his face and he was very quiet. There was some kind of wrapped up instrument by the seat that looked like a bomb. I thought to myself, what a life we live that a person can get so mad that he will kill himself just to kill the other person he is mad it.

I would never harm a fly, so believing in God or not I don't know why they would, but I believe God doesn't want me to or them..

One thing I would like to say - Thank You to ATS. You have put up with me so much in giving the freedom of speech to this site, there has been a lot of crazy things I have said lol.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Historians estimate that about 270 million people have been killed by Jihad since Islam came onto this earth.

• 120 million Africans
• 60 million Christians
• 80 million Hindus
• 10 million Buddhists

www.politicalislam.com...

• Are most Muslims radical?

Clearly no. Most Muslims are like you and I. They just want a quiet life.

• Has Islam as a religious movement proved itself to be violent?

270 million deaths in the spread of Islam by the sword would suggest that historically it has been.

• Have moderate Muslims proven themselves capable of restraining radical Muslims?

Moderate Muslims have co-operated with the police in the West and have averted many terrorist attacks as a direct result of their co-operation.

Nonetheless, moderate Muslims need help to stop violent extremists from dominating their communities.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join