It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Speech - An excuse to be Openly an Anti-Muslim

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I base my conclusions on 100 years of history and imperialist United States/European control of the Middle East.

I'm not aware that the United States ever had any US colonies, or territories, in the Middle East. I would think that would be a requirement to truly be under US control.

If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

I base my conclusions on 100 years of history and imperialist United States/European control of the Middle East.

I'm not aware that the United States ever had any US colonies, or territories, in the Middle East. I would think that would be a requirement to truly be under US control.

If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

See ya,
Milt

It was actually England and Russia that had control of the middle east.
Lawrence of Arabia even over through the Ottomans during ww1 I think in gurrilla warfare.
All to secure precious oil.
Russia played shenagians there too.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm just a hater.

Hell, I've been reading your posts for quite a while now, and know that is far from true.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by beezzer

I'm just a hater.

Hell, I've been reading your posts for quite a while now, and know that is far from true.

See ya,
Milt

Thanks.
The point I'm trying to make though, is that it's quick and easy just to call someone anti-muslim. It frees them from working on a response to whatever theme is being portrayed.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I knew that. I get called lots of things too.
It's hard to be honest in a "politically correct" world.

Cheers,
Milt

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What a load of crock-#....
Mulsims are the least prosecuted people and all you hear is from the Left and Muslims in western countries is "Islamofobia, Islamofobia."....As long as Islamic Terrorism continues to threaten the world, non-Muslims are justified in being afraid of Islam.

Muslims enjoy complete freedom of worship in the West; in fact they have more freedom in Western lands than in Islamic countries. Actually, religious freedom for Muslims is granted only and uniquely to the type of Islam that is sanctioned by the state. Thus, Shi’ites living in Wahhabi Saudi Arabia don’t enjoy the freedom to express their own type of Islam. As for Iran, the case is reversed, since Shi’ism is the official religion of the state, Sunni Muslims do not enjoy complete freedom. It is a fact that no mosque has been bombed in any Western country, whereas attacks on mosques, [both Sunni and Shi’ite mosques] often happen in Islamic countries.

as the writer Jacob Thomas wrote:

“It was the followers of political Islam who invented the term “Islamophobia” and they are the ones who benefit from it. Their goal is to place the Muslim communities in the West in a state of confrontation with the host nations; pushing them to adopt a radical form of Islam, and thus, inflaming the struggle with the West. They have succeeded, up to a point, to gain the sympathy of some moderate Muslims who criticize the West, and rail against its “Islamophobia.”

“For example, after the failed terrorist attacks in London and Glasgow, an Arab organization in Britain issued a statement criticizing the terrorist attack, while at the same time it blamed Britain’s foreign policy as a possible reason for that attack. But such a claim is nothing but a pack of lies! There can be no justification whatsoever for any act of terror. Let’s never forget that those who were involved in the terrorist attack were medical doctors who betrayed the honor of the medical profession. It was a religious ideology that changed Muslim doctors into Irhabis. Now, aren’t Westerners justified if they fear people like them? After all, Ayman al-Zawahiri, the second in command in al-Qaida, is a doctor and the son of a doctor!

www.unashamedofthegospel.org...
edit on 18-2-2012 by Sintabon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Every star on that map is US military base. They might as well be colonies. Still an occupation, still imperialist behavior.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
That's the liberal agenda for ya.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Ha, I definitely agree with you on this. This kind of stuff is insanely intolerant period. Also don't just look at muslims, Look at the white man also. Yes, in the past the white man was dominant and mainly racist but these days, white people get called cracka, white boy and plenty of other names like that. The truth of this matter is, if there never was a gov't or buildings called churches in the first place, we wouldn't see each other as anything other than humans. That's how my views are atleast. These days freedom of speech really isn't like it used to be because if you say the "wrong" thing you can end up in jail. I don't understand how people can be so ignorant to their fellow man, but everyday I watch the ignorance get worse. We are near depletion of love and happiness so I take it as that has been the wrong way of oging since sumeria. But what do I truly know...I'm only human.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I knew that was coming up! US military bases in sovereign lands are not owned by the United States, and as such, are there only because of agreements with the host country.
As an Air Force brat, I lived on bases in Japan, Canada, Germany, and Spain as a GUEST of the host, not as a citizen.

Kindly explain which of those bases are SOVEREIGN US territories.
edit on 18-2-2012 by BenReclused because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I didn't see an outrcy to kill all Christians after Columbine, or Oklahoma City Bombings, or the shootings in Europe that we've seen recently.

This is the same typical argument most people throw out who cant clearly see the intent of these muslim extremist actions.....

But there is one GLARING difference......

None of those acts were done in the name of their RELIGION.......

The others were and continue to be carried out in the name of their .......wait for it........."religion"

There seem to be a lot more extremist in this religion then any other.......and they are damn sure taking way more lives.....

And dont try to cite crusades........we are in modern times .........where as this "extremist" element seems to continue to operate with its same ruthless, brutality, and ideology

defend all you want, it wont stop them from coming for you if they get the chance
edit on 18-2-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by ALLDRAFT

Well they have a right because we have been bombing them for the past 30 years, so their criticism is justified, we are saying all these things out of ignorance and hate, therein lies the difference.

No.

Its just being ignorant.

You felt compelled to point it out. How about giving a solution to it?

One thats not pro Muslim in anyway.
One thats not pro American in anyway.

Dent Ignorance.

edit on 18-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by phantomjack

Alright as for WMD's I get your point. I was talking nuclear, but I see how those chemical weapons are considered WMD.

I just don't see the ammount lifted as being worth invading a country and carrying on a 10 year occupation of the country. We have to admit at some point that Iraq was a bad idea.

But I did learn something today I suppose. I'm just not all that impressed with the ammounts. Had they had this intel, prior to invading, do you think they still would have?

I do, cause I don't think it was about WMD...

~Tenth

Well, the problem is that no matter how much we (USA) liberates Iraq, it will never be enough. Iran and surrounding countries are just waiting for the opportunity to step back into Iraq...which you already see happening with the rise in violence there now.

It comes down to the fact that we simply ran out of money. Iraq is doomed, again, to fall into the hands of those who will take it, just to take it back from the people and spit in the face of the USA. Watch and see.

But I do agree with you. Those WMD were no real threat to the homeland...just to other friendly nations that we support.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLDRAFT
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Muslims have referred to our civilization as "dogs", "infidels" and the "great satan" since before we had bombs to drop on them so I dont think their attitudes are based on high explosive munitions.

They are not shy about speaking their minds so why should we in the western world be so coy? Somehow everyone allows muslims to say whatever they want. Its probably because the horrible things they say pail when compared to the horrible things they do.

Also it's because there are too many people like the OP who appear so deluded that all they wanna do is kiss their feet.

pathetic, really...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Freedom of Speech - An excuse to be Openly an Anti-Muslim. That is freedom, gives people the right to hate. Hey, there are plenty of people that hate the west, hate the people in the west for just being there.

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by ALLDRAFT

Well they have a right because we have been bombing them for the past 30 years, so their criticism is justified, we are saying all these things out of ignorance and hate, therein lies the difference.

Really? Since when did I bomb anyone in the middle east. If you want to paint the west as ignorant and hateful - please paint Muslims with the same brush.

edit on 18-2-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Heres a simple solution for the OP.

Stop feeding the Ignorance,by playing your part,and picking one side.

If you cannot be unbiased in what you see,you cannot be unbiased in what you say.

Hence,feeding into the propaganda machine that you so abhor.

You must provide pros and cons,if you really want to have a good dialog,on how to change the situation.

I found that out the hard way,in one of my threads.

I could have labeled it:
Freedom of Speech - An excuse to be Openly Anti-American.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I can be anti muslim, anti gay, anti black, anti whatever the hell I choose. On the opposite side of the spectrum I could also be "pro" all of these.

That's why it's called "free speech" and why we have something called the Bill of Rights.
Go to Iran if you hate it. You'll fit right in with your rhetoric.
edit on 2-18-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by phantomjack

Sorry, I should have said "Radical Islam" and not ganged all of Islam into the conversation. I have absolutely no problem with Muslims or any other religion for that matter. What I have a problem with ANY religion that tries to shove their religion down my throat, in the case of Islam -- Sharia Law.

Oh, well then we agree on that. Radical anything is terrible. Unless the word after is Freedom...

Sharia Law has its place, but not here, not in America.

500K Iraqi Lives? Well, I dont know what your argument is, as 3000 Americans were murdered for no reason, whereas innocent Iraqi's lost their lives while we freed their country from tyranny. How many lives were lost in WWI? WWII? for purposes of freedom?

I'm just saying, Iraq didn't ask us to come help them. We went there on the pretense that they had something to do with attacking the US, when in fact they didn't. And if you watch documentaries about Iraq, people weren't that upset with how he was running the country. That's not to say we would find it totally and completely barbaric, but they didn't all that much.

It's not our job to police the world. Nations should stay out of other nation's business until there is clear and present danger to other nations around it and it is PROVEN that there is no diplomatic solution.

I'm just saying that they should stop doing the whole Imperialist thing and people would like you better. That's all.

~Tenth
edit on 2/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Regardless of what you want to believe, we didn't go to Iraq because of 9-11. Afghanistan, yes. Iraq was for WMD -- which, if you read some of my posts in other threads, WMD were proven to have been found, but never reported because the liberal media refused to do so -- they could never admit Bush was Right.

At any rate, SOMEONE needs to be the leader. If the world was a company, there needs the existence of a SINGLE final decision maker.

You can't have 60 voices trying to make policy -- it simply won't work.

In this case, SOMEONE needs to police the world. We are the richest nation (at least were), with innovations that POWER the world. We have to defend all that we have created.

America has been the decision maker in all modern wars. If we don't do it, guess who will? Russia. China. Do you really want a world under Russian domination?

Really???

This guy lost all his credibility faster than those guys who owned megaupload lost their luxurious supercars when the police raided their million-dollar beachhouses in New Zealand.

In this case, SOMEONE needs to police the world... ...If we don't do it, guess who will?

People like you really are the reason planet earth is such a terrible place to live.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Muslims were flying the planes on 9.11 because we were bombing them for decades, what did you expect a flying spaghetti monster to attack us?

[ ...quoted reply since removed... ]
edit on 18-2-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join