It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Speech - An excuse to be Openly an Anti-Muslim

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLDRAFT

Honestly I'm worried about ALL religions. They do more harm than good IMO, but it Christianity or Islam, or Budism etc..

I don't have the energy to really debate who is better than who, I honestly don't believe any of them are.

And yes the Muslim community are at fault for not denouncing the extremism within their community, much like the moderate Christians denounce the WBC among others for their horrible twisting of religion.

Either way, there is certainly a war of the minds going on, to convince you that Muslims are all bad and that Islam is taking over the world.

That's the part that really upsets me, cause most muslims, like most people are wonderful people. I know quite a few from Canada and Middle Eastern Nations, and out of all the ones I've met, only about 10% of them were actually crazy.

That's a relatively good margin of crazy in any society honestly.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

how many war games were going on 911? you dont know you dont care. it was muslims with tiny carboard cutter who overpowered trained military pilots who served in combat..

how many people in government are duel israeli citizen's? you have no idea..

how much in influence does the israeli lobby have on policy? you dont care

we were attacked alright, by traitors within USA..

n February of 2006, the Norman Y. Mineta International Institute for Surface Transportation Policy Studies (MTI) published their report entitled: “Saving City Lifelines: Lessons Learned in the 9-11 Terrorist Attacks”. “There were continuing moments of alarm. A panel truck with a painting of a plane flying into the World Trade Center was stopped near the temporary command post. It proved to be rented to a group of ethnic Middle Eastern people who did not speak English. Fearing that it might be a truck bomb, the NYPD immediately evacuated the area, called out the bomb squad, and detained the occupants until a thorough search was made. The vehicle was found to be an innocent delivery truck.” (source: MTI Report 02/06) “An innocent (rented) delivery truck” with... ... a mural painted on the side depicting the events of 9/11 ON 9/11?!? How is that “innocent”?

deny ignorance.

do some real research..

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Either way, there is certainly a war of the minds going on, to convince you that Muslims are all bad and that Islam is taking over the world.

I agree, but all coins have two sides:
There is also a war of the minds going on to convince people that all Americans are bad, and that the United States is taking over the World.

Both wars are propagated by extremists, and need to be ended if mankind is to survive. If they can't be ended, we all SHOULD, and rightly so, parish.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Yeah, but nobody is trying to start a war with the US, that's the difference. It's not propaganda to say that the government of the US are a bunch of war mongering imperial elitists. You can't say the same about it's people, but you can blame them for being complacent and allowing their government to commit these crimes in their names.

These other countries like Iran, they don't have the vast media resources to carry on a consistent and well orchestrated campaign of propaganda.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There are many problems in the Western world that can directly be attributed to the increase of Islamic people settling in these lands. Most of the MSM will not print actual statistics of huge increases in RAPE within European countries for fear of seeming 'Islamaphobic' and having death-threats from Muslims. Within these countries, it is largely Pakistani men who 'groom' white girls, sometimes for months, with gifts and alcohol, before, as is often the case, said white female is brutally raped by a group of young men. These incidents are far too common-place for it to be argued that there is no problem. Across Europe there are special departments within the Police who are trying to work towards a solution for what seems to be an alarmingly more common occurrence.
The BBC recently put out a documentary whereby a reporter approached young, predominately Pakistani men within the UK to discuss this apparent problem. When questioned, some of the young men explained that girls in their own communities had less freedom than 'white' girls and were harder to 'get with' because of family and religious ties.
All of the young men questioned seemed to view having a 'white' girlfriend as a status symbol and considered these girls as mere sex-objects, as is quite often the attitude towards women in Islamic cultures.
My own experiences of this culture within the Uk is that the vast majority of young males cannot handle their alcohol well, possibly due to cultural/religious restrictions and often these young men become quite loud and aggressive when drinking and their attitudes towards women in such social scenarios, as I have witnessed myself, could only be described as barbaric.
The OP has made a statement that to 'criticise' a group of people is considered to be racist/homophobic/sexist etc. etc. when actually, this statement is NOT true. Critical thought is what has allowed societies within Europe and other parts of the West to develop new medicines, technology and industry. Within the Uk, if you 'dare' to criticise anybody who is Islamic you are automatically labelled 'Islamophobic' ... a made up word that really carries NO merit...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The Westoboro Baptist Church thanks god when soldiers die. I don't see us declaring war on them?

I officially DECLARE WAR ON THE WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH!

Oh, wait. The pricks are protected by the first amendment and hide behind it to commit the atrocities to families of our dead soldiers.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

That's the problem with freedom of speech. Although I disagree with them, I have to defend their right to say whatever they want as well.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The More Muslims and Islam are under attack , more popular Islam will become .

I ain't worried about the hate speech thingy , let them hate as much as they want and let them describe muslims and islam as bad as they want .

It will make no difference .

Islam will prevail .

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by phantomjack

Regardless of what you want to believe, we didn't go to Iraq because of 9-11. Afghanistan, yes. Iraq was for WMD -- which, if you read some of my posts in other threads, WMD were proven to have been found, but never reported because the liberal media refused to do so -- they could never admit Bush was Right.

NONSENSE -- PROVE IT! Sorry for the caps but there has NEVER been any evidence proving the WMD's were found. Liberal media? Are you kidding? If Fox had proof that Bush was right it would have been ALL over their network.

I need to see your posts with this "evidence" for WMD's in Iraq please.

At any rate, SOMEONE needs to be the leader. If the world was a company, there needs the existence of a SINGLE final decision maker.

No, nobody needs to "lead" the world. The world can lead itself. We don't need governments deciding what's best for people. I'm sorry.

You can't have 60 voices trying to make policy -- it simply won't work.
What? There should be no "world" policy. People should make their own laws as they see fit, within their own borders.

In this case, SOMEONE needs to police the world. We are the richest nation (at least were), with innovations that POWER the world. We have to defend all that we have created.

No, again, nobody needs to police the world. Keep your noses out of other people's business. And you aren't the richest nation in the world, if you factor in your debt you are one of the poorest in the world. And you have a FIAT currency. All the US has created is a dictatorship all around the world.

Occupying lands that DO NOT belong to them in the name of safety. Really? How many Americans have died due to terrorism in the last 6 years, that weren't soldiers?

America has been the decision maker in all modern wars. If we don't do it, guess who will? Russia. China. Do you really want a world under Russian domination?

The only reason that's true, is because the US started most of those wars, or was an instrumental part in influencing leaders of other nations to start conflicts. All dictators in the middle east are ones the US placed in power.

~Tenth
edit on 2/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

I hate having to redo this WMD exercise, time and time again, but here you go:

SOURCE 1

SOURCE 2

SOURCE 3

SOURCE 4

SOURCE 5

And, here is my favorite, reported by your own liberal MSNBC:

YELLOW CAKE

Gee, I wonder why they had so much uranium laying around. Maybe Saddam was using it for blow.

So here are some more links:

SOURCE 7

You know what? I am tired of doing your research. Go google it yourself.

No, wait. I can't help myself. Here is more:

SOURCE 8

SOURCE 9

Are you afraid to look at the truth? Or are you going to believe the media and our corrupt politicians and the CIA?

SOURCE 10

No WMD in Iraq? How naive you are.

And the question "how many americans have died in the past 6 years" instead should be "how many Americans HAVE NOT died in the past 6 years" -- to to our vigilance and allowing the Patriot Act to pry into my phone conversations which I could care less about.

"Nobody needs to lead the world?" Wow! You are naive. Lets ask Russia and China what THEY think about that, while Obama dismantles our nuclear arsenal!

I know, lets stick daisies in our rifles! Yeah, that will get us a lot of new friends! Speak Mandarin? Russian? Arabic?

I doubt that you do.

You have no idea what it is like to be an American, because you have been raised in an inferior country, with inferior technology, inferior personal spirit, and absolutely no will to exceed.

I am a proud American, no matter how corrupt my government is. I am NOT the government, nor are my neighbors, family members, and friends.

WE lead the world, why? Because we can!! And Because WE DO! And no matter how much our government lies and cheats and steals from us, WE WILL ALWAYS BE PROUD AMERICANS!

So just as this thread topic, DO NOT PUT ME IN A GROUP AND CLASSIFY ME BY THE ACTIONS OF MY GOVERNMENT!

Substitute: "DO NOT PUT ME IN A GROUP AND CLASSIFY ME BY RELIGION"

edit on 18-2-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Well Im' happy to look at your info, but I must stress, I'm not a liberal, not even close, so please don't assume that about me.

I've never been presented with credible info of WMD's so I will take a look and get back to you once I've read and understood what you've posted.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

That's the problem with freedom of speech. Although I disagree with them, I have to defend their right to say whatever they want as well.

~Tenth

Well, at least we agree on that

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Well Im' happy to look at your info, but I must stress, I'm not a liberal, not even close, so please don't assume that about me.

I've never been presented with credible info of WMD's so I will take a look and get back to you once I've read and understood what you've posted.

Thanks for the info.

No problem. I retract the "liberal" attack.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yeah, but nobody is trying to start a war with the US, that's the difference. It's not propaganda to say that the government of the US are a bunch of war mongering imperial elitists. You can't say the same about it's people, but you can blame them for being complacent and allowing their government to commit these crimes in their names.

That makes it pretty obvious which side of the coin has won your heart and mind. Don't you realize both sides are based on lies, and neither should be believed.

These other countries like Iran, they don't have the vast media resources to carry on a consistent and well orchestrated campaign of propaganda.

Is that really what you base your conclusions on?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Oh, and one more:

THIS THREAD

So Fox News WAS all over the story. The rest of the world chose to ignore it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Could you please cite your sources to the pic of the box van pic.

I swear I seen a thread where it was debunked.....

I believe it was an ebay ad that someone used for the truck and pasted the pic on..............

The amount of absurd or shall we say "willfully wrong" information on the 911 topic is outrageous.........

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

I base my conclusions on 100 years of history and imperialist United States/European control of the Middle East.

Actually historically they've tried to control the Middle East for thousands of years, to no avail. And if you want to suggest that nations like Iran, Afhganistan, Syria etc, have the same resources or even close, to influence world politics and decisions made internationally, then well you just wrong.

I agree that there are lies everywhere, but we must look at the big lies and why they are being told. Much like the propaganda against Iran from Israel and the United States. Even the US's own intelligence service states there is no credible evidence of a nuclear weapons program.

The military industrial complex of the West, Europe and Israel is far more powerful than that of Russia, China or any middle eastern nation today. This is why the focus is on them, and not the other way around.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Freedom of Speech - An excuse to be Openly an Anti-Muslim

Actually, my personal preference would be to allow anyone say anything they chose to. In a nutshell, sticks and stones may break my bones but words... words can't hurt me (or you) unless I (we) let them... or perhaps, want them to.

You can't legislate the human mind. You can't write laws that take racists and bigots and turn them into Mother Teresa. And as of this moment, there are no laws that say you or I or anyone else MUST think a certain way.

If we want the right to believe as we choose, we have to re-learn how to accept others doing the same, even if their beliefs disgust us.

Creating laws that limit speech based on politically correct viewpoints, is worse than a waste of time. It goes much further because in the first failure, there will come an effort at enforcement and once you go there, you can toss out individuality along with the US Constitution.

Leave people alone. Stop antagonizing those who think differently. Let them live their lives and we live ours.

You will never be able to reprogram any one person's heart or mind to meet your specifications.

It's called, 'The Human Condition'.

Believers may file complaints with the deity of their choice.
Atheists can file a grevaince with the pitch black of nothingness.

Beyond that... all you do is to create classes of criminals of everyday people based on what they think.

No thanks.

edit on 18-2-2012 by redoubt because: typo

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

When I posted issues I had with Obama back in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, I was called a racist.

-That was used because no-one wanted to admit or debate or defend Obama's policies.

When I post issues I have with those that follow the islamic faith, I suppose I'll now be called anti-muslim.

-That'll be because no-one will want to admit, debate, defend the actions of the people I will be criticizing.

I can imagine posting on just about any issue and there will be people who aren't able to defend, debate, or admit to actions so I'll be called anti- whatever then as well.

This is a very lazy strawman argument and thread, in my humble opinion.

But what do I know, I'm just a hater.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Maybe it's a country wide thing, but I haven't actually seen much anti-Muslim sentiment save one example which I will give.

I'm in college and mostly I see tolerance of everything but white men and Jewish people.
There is a huge movement on campus from what I have seen supporting all things Muslim and anything Jewish is quashed.
I didn't even notice either though until I dated a Jewish girl a few years ago, she was chased down and yelled at just for wearing a pro Israel shift on a Jewish holiday.

The one example of Anti-Muslim sentiment I have seen has actually come from a professor.
She spent 15 minuets of the first day of class complaining that there were too many "Abduls and Mohameds(sorry for bad spelling)".
She just kept ranting about how she will never tell them apart and why does the exchange student adviser keep doing that to her.
When she took role she got to my name, since I have 2 middle names making 4 name in total, she said "wow who is this 'Spencer' he has more names than the Mohameds"

One or two classes later she had to pull up a page with our names and asked whose name was highlighted and proceed to make fun of him because his name had initials fro 5+ middle names.
She said "are those degrees because in this country we are supposed to put degrees at the end of our name"
The student sheepishly said they were middle names.

Every class she makes 1-3 comments about the Arab/Muslim students.

No any racism is horrible, but what makes this worse is she is actually on the Board controlling the Democrats in our State.
She also over sees scholarships awarded on behalf of the Democrats of our State.
Makes me wonder how many other Board members are racist, or how many of their decisions are skewed one way or another by her input.

I plan on writing to the Department chair, and the President and Vice President of the college about her actions once the semester is over.
I have already turned in enough assignments that she could recognize my writing cadence and need to wait until grades are set in stone so she doesn't screw me over.

But yeah those are my two experiences on campus of racism.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Alright as for WMD's I get your point. I was talking nuclear, but I see how those chemical weapons are considered WMD.

I just don't see the ammount lifted as being worth invading a country and carrying on a 10 year occupation of the country. We have to admit at some point that Iraq was a bad idea.

But I did learn something today I suppose. I'm just not all that impressed with the ammounts. Had they had this intel, prior to invading, do you think they still would have?

I do, cause I don't think it was about WMD...

~Tenth

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join