It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Speech - An excuse to be Openly an Anti-Muslim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This thread is a response to:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

When you criticise a black person it is racism
When you criticise a jew you it is anti-semitism
When you criticise a gay you are a bigot homophobic or intolerance
When you criticise a woman it is sexism or anti-feminism
When you criticize a country,they call it Treason
When you criticize a religious sect, they call it Hate
When you criticise a muslim you are exercising freedom of speech?

It seems that there is an open season on Muslims and anti-Muslim propaganda and acceptance of Muslim bashing in the USA, UK, Israel. This is exactly how hitler operated, he scapegoated a group of people which led to the holocaust which is EXACTLY what is happening right now.

Go to any of the major news websites and look at their comments (eg CNN, MSNBC, daily mail, telegraph.co, fox news), calling people ragheads or towel heads is a form of freedom of speech yet you do anything else listed you are quickly labeled.

Do you think there would be a lot more outrage if there was any other ethnicity on this effigy in NYC?:

A mannequin symbolizing a Muslim in a keffiyeh, strapped to a "Made in the USA" bomb display at a protest of Park51 in New York City.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 112929p://2America/ChicagoSat, 18 Feb 2012 11:19:47 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I agree when it comes to name calling of that particular nature. Rag head, towel head, etcetera, isn't exactly what I would call anything other than an emotional response of hate. It is ignorance, pure and simple. However, to criticize Islam by analyzing their holy text and commentary and stating why you disagree with them isn't being anti-Muslim, imo.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think if you went over to any 'anti-west' country, you'd find the exact same thing said about us. There are people who don't like Muslims and there are people who take people as they find them. I live in a predominantly white area so don't have a lot of interraction with any other culture but as a teenager, a guy I once knew got stabbed 7 times ( he lived ) by a Muslim guy for having a relationship with his sister. I don't know what happened to the girl but the brother obviously had severe issues with his sister going out with a white guy. I have heard many similar stories as well. Racism is alive and well, on BOTH sides of the 'fence' unfortunately.

I know of no TV station or newspaper that has called a Muslim a 'raghead'. Where exactly have you seen this?

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Thanks for your thoughts on this matter. Do you also take the time to remind the good muslim folks who burn our flags and call us the great satan that there is no need for for such rudeness? If so, that might be your full time job. Why cant we scream "death to islam" in the streets with impunity? Dont we have the same rights as them? Just sayin.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLDRAFT

Well they have a right because we have been bombing them for the past 30 years, so their criticism is justified, we are saying all these things out of ignorance and hate, therein lies the difference.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

It was kinda the point I was getting at. In their society, it is acceptable to hate and insult westerners in general, even though millions have done nothing to offend them and have no desire to. Yet, when there is hatred and isults returned, all we hear are complaints.

I have issues about muslims over here in the uk doing anti uk demonstrations and so on. And we put up with it. I'd like to see a group of westerners doing an anti muslim demonstration in say Iraq. They'd be killed in the streets there and then. But that's ok isn't it?

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Well they have a right because we have been bombing them for the past 30 years, so their criticism is justified, we are saying all these things out of ignorance and hate, therein lies the difference.

Typical one-sided racist post that. It sounds so bad it's frightening. Nobody has a right to kill or insult anybody, regardless of race. You need to re-establish your morals I think.

And who the hell is we? I hate it when people include me in this 'we'. If the governments declare war, I personally can object and have no desire for it, why then do you feel the need to use the term 'we'. As in 'we' have been bombing them for 30 years. Have you? Have I? No, so I object to be this 'we'. People use it too many times and I think it's insulting and disgusting.
edit on 18-2-2012 by Audiokat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Treaty of Gulistan

u think that iran is actually running things???

lol

me.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I question and am critical of all religions.........

It is absolutely absurd that one persons "team" should be better than everybody else's "team".....

That is all religion is, is a friggin team sport..........And it will never totally go away because everybody thinks that their team is right......

Religion

I could really care less about some brown skinned person wearing a friggin curtain around their head........But when the media crams "anti this and that" infront of people on the propaganda machine know as "television", this is what we get..........idiots

edit on 18-2-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You are right. Freedom of speech means these days freedom to spout out hate speech against any group of people you and your kind happen to dislike. I think what should determine whether something is hate speech or not should be whether or not you are referring to someone you know personally. If you indeed know an individual and wish to malign them with hate speech (which in some cases is slander) you should be free to say what you want about that individual but when you are talking trash about a GROUP of people who you do not even know as individuals and are just maligning an unknown group...this should be considered a lot like yelling fire in a crowded theater. Where is the line drawn between using hate speech and instigating violence?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Audiokat

Yes we the USA have been bombing them and then we chant to kill them all, and then go play our COD and go kill more muslims, and then turn on fox news and listen to more anti muslim hate, and then go on websites and type more antimuslim hate, all the while we are droning and bombing them. So yes they have the right to critcise us for killing them.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
nail, meet hammer, please, give us your head so for it to be hit....

nice....I think it is appropriate given all the Zionist apologists here on ATS....

It's nice to see some level of sanity being brought to the argument. Let's wait and see how long the ranting of the poser conservatives take to come in blathering about nonsensical and untrue arguments.

edit on 18-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Muslims have referred to our civilization as "dogs", "infidels" and the "great satan" since before we had bombs to drop on them so I dont think their attitudes are based on high explosive munitions.

They are not shy about speaking their minds so why should we in the western world be so coy? Somehow everyone allows muslims to say whatever they want. Its probably because the horrible things they say pail when compared to the horrible things they do.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
They got their very own mash-up word. Islamophobia, a made up disorder suggesting that the ability to think and express dissatisfaction with a socio-political system is a mental disorder.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Islam will prevail. We are the greatest religion on earth, the Muslims you hear on your t.v or where ever.. they are not Muslims, ok? Get this through your head.
edit on 18-2-2012 by Zatox because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Two rights do not make a wrong, however, they started it with the hostages in 1979, and prior with the hijackings in the 70's.

They drew first blood.

They are screaming to wipe Israel and the USA off the map.

WE were attacked on 9.11.

What, we have no right to be pissed?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Audiokat

Yes we the USA have been bombing them and then we chant to kill them all, and then go play our COD and go kill more muslims, and then turn on fox news and listen to more anti muslim hate, and then go on websites and type more antimuslim hate, all the while we are droning and bombing them. So yes they have the right to critcise us for killing them.

Oh, here we go again -- Bashing Fox News. Here is a question: Is Fox News Bush's fault too>?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Actually, the religion of Islam and the Muslims of the world didn't get together and decide to attack the United States. You can't blame a whole group of people for the actions of a few.

I didn't see an outrcy to kill all Christians after Columbine, or Oklahoma City Bombings, or the shootings in Europe that we've seen recently.

You have misplaced fear and hatred for an entire group of people for the again, the actions of a very few extremists.

Should we abolish Christianity because a few priests have been molesting kids? Should be abolish our police forces because a few overstep their authority? Should we stop using doctors because a few of them are found guilty of malpractice?

Of course we should not, why is it any different with Muslims?

It isn't. You seem to believe in the fear propaganda that your country has been sewing in your mind for the last 12 years. All in an effort to continue imperialist occupations of nations in the Middle East.

As for being attacked, do 3000 America lives equal 500 thousand Iraqi lives?

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

Prevail at what exactly? Living under a primitive and backwards culture that stopped adding anything positive to the world at around the turn of the 16th century?

edit on 18-2-2012 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Happened much much earlier in the 1950s with the CIA overthrow of their government. The reality is far more complex than Santorum or Fox news would tell you

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join