It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are raves helping the advancement of our evolution?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I got into the "rave" culture right around when I started to visit ATS and the like...

Yeah, raves bring people together of music and depending on the genre, spiritual things might happen. Unfortunately, the scene I'm around (Baltimore/DC/Richmond) raves are FULL of kids just looking to get high. When I'm dancing in the crowds I usually get asked "hey do you know where the drugs at" way more than "hey man great to be here with you". I'm not against drugs but honestly today you DON'T know what you are getting. I've seen more varieties of acid in the past year and now dealers are passing off bath salts and other white powders as being "pure extascy"

I think the most important thing the ravers need to understand is that they are still depending on a chemical to give them these revelations.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by R3velutionR3quired

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry you've had so many issues, but I hope anyone who reads this will take your advice and save themselves some trouble!

ETA: I don't know why you deleted that post, it could have been seriously helpful to someone. Anyway, best to you. Have a great week.
edit on 18-2-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hottoboggan
the ravers think they're doing something for universal consciousness but in reality they're just getting wasted and having fun.

Maybe that's the point of life?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm kind of sorry for the young generation if raves are the peak of their spiritual experience. Unfortunately, it's all about drugs and overstimulated senses; nothing spiritual there. Few years down the road those kids will be utterly confused, on depression medication and incapable to enjoy their life or overcome their troubles without the help of drugs. Useless to themselves and everyone around. But at least they'll have some nice memories to share....

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have been to many many raves and outdoor parties, some of my friends are DJs or promoters. But before that as a child my parents took me to hippie festivals; beautiful but gritty experiences, experimental social gatherings as you would say. They have been going on alot longer than that as carnivale, in the Bahamas they do a ritual male dance contest in full dress regalia called Junkanoo. It mimics male birds in heat I suppose. In fact I'd be curious how many genes humans have in common with the Bird of Paradise (now that we have the answer to the human genome and almost every other genome). Does it not make you think?

But back on topic, and I try to touch only lightly on the subject of substances based on this site's policies, but since this is a very integral part of this culture, yes there are some bad drugs in this scene, but the experience 'done properly' is life changing, and need only be done once. I am reprogrammed to accept music as a purely energetic experience now, it can be used where before a substance was needed. It explained and defined music for me. It can be a very healing thing. It has to be approached maturely and responsibly tho. The last 2 large outdoor raves I went to I had to babysit very young, irresponsible people, on too much drugs for all the wrong reasons. They were lucky they found me, someone with food, water and a knowledge of CPR.

I now only go to smaller private events or outdoor parties, we are there to spin the music we like, stay up late, dance, joke around, drink eat and be merry (like car camping but better music), but most of all take care of each other. It's still the same beautiful tribal event, its inspired by humanity, brotherhood, and sharing good times with those that inspire or expand you. My focus is on hearing the music i like and dancing, Im not bad but Im not great, Im very inspired by good breakdancing, hiphop, poplocking and liquid. I love most genres of electronic, its a music that really speaks to me, but can have no vocals. Trance, jungle, ambient dnb, breakbeats, IDM, GOA, its all amazing to me, as long as it gives me a pause in the melody or beat to take a breath, so yeah anything 'core' you can save for the emos eating fruitloops (j/k).

Originally posted by ladyteeny
precisely. this is part of what bugs me about the whole thing.

since the dawn of time humankind has gathered around a fire, danced the night away on significant dates, and communed with their friends. and sometimes enemies.

when the rave scene started the various narcotics involved were as they were meant to be. high grade drugs developed for the military and it's applications. ecstasy was invented originally to help with various traumas. and it works.

now carry that over to the young people. they take this drug, they all feel 'of the same mind' (for wont of better words), and they gather together and talk to each other, about all different subjects, politics and world problems included. well god knows, tptb can't have that!! like minded peaceful people gathering together and deciding they don't like where the world is going? oh no, lets legislate... not just the drugs but lets stop the raves,... hell, don't just stop the raves, stop ANY gathering of more than a few people and throw them in prison.

thus the criminal justice bill was born. as a dj that knows the rave scene quite well i feel quite qualified to state my views! when the narcotics were as they were originally intended, we all joined together, we all felt like family, and we all helped one another when needed. even when the narcotics wore off, the feelings were still there, we made lifelong friends and family back then.

then something changed the ingredients... which in turn changed how the vibe went. along with the new legislation it became harder and harder for large groups of like minded people to gather together,... tptb were so scared of this happening, and people joining the dots and doing something about it, that they waged war on us all. they ignored rights, tradition and free will in order to stop people effectively banding together. perish the thought that they'd all come to the same conclusion and get rid of the corrupt governments, and work together to make the world a better place, can't have that can we.

that was many moons ago.. i haven't used those sorts of narcotics for donkeys years, no point, they're nothing like they were originally... but i still get the same buzz when i dj, i feel connected with the crowd, and i only ever see smiling faces in front of me.

i miss those days, it was nice to be in a huge crowd of people knowing that any one of them would help anybody else if they needed it. THATS long gone. sadly.

WELL PUT! You sound like many of my very good friends and truly get it. But I want to reassure you this pure feeling is not dead, it has purely moved out of the spotlight and evolved to another more responsbile, sober, smaller level. Our brains, hearts and souls are all we need (besides Mackey bassbins and backup generators).

Culture will always have this though I think. A tribal gathering to beats, with some display or dance, a show of family, whether genetic or not (similar to gangs).

Ending on the serious side I think its important to know where your children are, and what they are doing, be honest to them about your views and past as it pertains to these things (raves). Your kids will respect you and tell you more if you tell them you've partied a little in your past, focus on what you have in common, because that's why they are attracted to the raves in the first place!

edit on 18-2-2012 by Aliquandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Oh my God I know what you mean! I use to be a huge raver a few years ago. I moved away from the area I was living and relocated to NYC. I'm into the the club scene now because what they call raves in NYC, hardly compares to what I know. Like I swear to God, the man was there for the entire rave. Anyway, when I use to go to raves my purposes were A) to dress up in crazy costumes B) listen to amazing music C) dance literally 15lbs in one night D) watch the pretty light E) lay against the speaker and feel the pulses of the bass and F) get really really really #ed up. Lol.

One of the last raves that I went to I saw this bald guy sitting in lotus position meditating with an ice cube on his head. I began laughing at him because I found it very amusing and I did not understand as to why he was doing that while the rest of us were all having fun in our cuddle puddle lol. A few months after that I had been going through some craziness in my life and the only way that I have found peace is by yoga and meditation. I don't want to go into too much detail about that... That's for another thread. Then one day, I did some E. A lot of E
and I started meditating to see what the heck this guy was so set on this whole meditaion thing while everyone was dancing and having fun. Dont worry... I didnt do it with an ice cube on my head (I have an Afro) lol. Anyway, while I was doing this seriously it was the best feeling ever. Just all of this positive energy was entering my body and every negative little bit that was in me disappeared. I had something come to me and tell me to let go of my superficality (I was really stuck up, selfish and snobby). And that the reason why I was that way was because I really didn't love myself. And you can not love anyone or anything without loving yourself. Thank God I have finally figured that out!

I havent tried it again but i told one of my friends who was going to school to be a yoga instructor to try it out. She said she had one of the most spiritual experiences with it. Next time you do some E, try it. I swear you will not regret it.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thatshicray

I can't even consider believing you're serious about that question. There's no chance in hell that you are serious, come on.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
I'm kind of sorry for the young generation if raves are the peak of their spiritual experience. Unfortunately, it's all about drugs and overstimulated senses; nothing spiritual there. Few years down the road those kids will be utterly confused, on depression medication and incapable to enjoy their life or overcome their troubles without the help of drugs. Useless to themselves and everyone around. But at least they'll have some nice memories to share....

Agreed. But if you consider raves/parties as nice memories, then I don't know what to say. I'd rather be standing in a line waiting for my execution than to be in a rave or any party like that for that matter. It's purely a living hell.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
NO. at best, perhaps at weeding out a few epileptics.....
a bunch of drugged out kids in one place is not evolutionary advancement by any stretch, especially raves, the festering ground of brain dead junkies looking to legitimize their drug practice with others who think the same way.
MDMA is disgusting, sorry.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
It's difficult to judge the rave culture without all the facts.

The bad we all know, but one of the good and most primary is the music.
Techno is the new renaissance in music, whether you like it or not. It has the potential to be the most intelligent and healing music there is. Many successful DJs and Electronic music producers got their first exposure to their trade at a rave.

Here is a great video that explains the music side of it in a documentary style:
Better living through better circuitry:

Breakdancing is influenced by rave culture too. This is a Major commercially sponsored international event that generates exposure to lucrative deals and careers for these guys, that are NOT drugged out of stupid in the slightest, actually they are highly intelligent, creative, responsible, disciplined people with goals and bright futures. They are some of the most unique members of the modern artistic renaissance imo, and I'd guess maybe 50% saw their first good breakdancer at a rave.

Team France vs Street Crew 2011 Championship (breakdancing competition):

And please check facts and your sources, and most importantly look in a mirror and point at that person and ask "When is the last time I really let you have fun?". This is all any rave has ever started out trying to be. It is life's circus, it is advanced training in libido repair, and it makes you participate. You finally realize you are responsible for your own fun, but you're not burdened, for this is now your new thing everyone appreciates you for. For some I bet this is more effective than expensive therapy.

Burning Man allows this kind of experimental, moneyless, society exist for several days a year. It's a cult following at this point, its a social phenomenon and draws an international crowd, from businessmen to bikers and nerds, its not your typical agenda. This is one of the coolest, most intelligently designed parties the world has ever seen, it has every single thing covered, since everyone wants to be unique there is little redundancy. They naturally work together since it benefits everyone in that environment. If you haven't heard of it you've been living under a log. It's very much a modern day Woodstock and they will write about it in history I'm sure: its where the cutting edge in music, art, and alternative living get exchanged the old fashioned way, one on one. It also more than likely would not exist without the rave scene.

raver food for thought

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliquandro

I'm sure eating E while meditating does have some great results. Some of my best morning stretches have been after a long night of dancing. I agree that "techno" is the next kind of music and it does have healing properties. Now as far as the actual "raves" go, it really depends these days. I know clean sober people that love going to the raves because they feel the good vibes but I know A LOT more that are strung out kids looking to get high. I won't argue that drugs can help open your mind but it annoys me to no end when I see raver's talking about "love and light" when the only thing they do is drugs.

Maybe I've never been to a legitimate "rave" but I have seen enough of the top dubstep, house, and electronica artists to get a feel for the culture and I know I already said it, but it is just annoying half the time. Specifically what annoys me are the people who will post on facebook something like "open your minds, be free!" but rely on drugs to get to those states. Or the raver's who think that just because they go to raves they are enlightened or something (I have seen a LOT of this) and look down on other people that don't enjoy electronic music.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Are raves helping the advancement of our evolution?

No offense but you sure you been to raves?i been to a few raves were i live and was appalled at some of the behaviour that went on there,people smashed out of there faces,fighting,heavy drug use and drinking.I also know people from around my area who are part of "systems",this is just a group of people who get together and buy a rig and throw illegal parties in various places around the countryside,the mess and carnage they leave behind is disgraceful which is quite amusing as most of them bang on about how they love the earth.

So in response to your question,no raves from were im sitting are doing nothing to improve mankind.

Regards to all
edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Gosh I'll guess I'll have to show you how rave culture is evolving and fun:

this was a rave inside an abandoned train tunnel, everyone was prepared and safe and nobody was hurt:

this was permitted on 40 acres private property owned by very cool grass beef farmers who also liked to throw reggae concerts there, they liked us so much they wanted us to come back:

this was at another wonderful venue, complete with massage teepee and camping in an old fruit orchard:

This is a link to a link to a local live PA (performance art) artist I met at a rave, he's worth listening to:
=novatron]Novatron

These are obviously not your typical rave, maybe if your going to a large sketchy urban event that has been promoted to draw more than 10k people, YES then you will have a bad time, lots of drooged out kids and such. My point is don't knock something if you haven't researched the alternative. If you ever want to have a good experience at a rave, here's my suggestions:

1) Make friends with a local DJ that spins the kind of music you like, its preferrable if they are also natureboy since you want to find the scoop on the outdoor underground scene. To find these DJ types hang out a record store (where you can also find fliers to parties, beware tho, only go to parties with cool geometric art and such, research the party even).

2) Find a party you can trust and you know there will be someone worth hearing (dont whine about dubstep if you first didnt research the lineup). Yes certain music attracts certain crouds, you want happy silly people I'd suggest sticking to the IDM, Psytrance, GOA, you want to see dancing and learn skills go hear some breakbeats and dnb. AVOID any rave with a hiphop or rap or MC act playing. But ask your local DJ what promoter throw outdoor parties that are small. Afterhour clubs are great sources for finding this smaller scene, but be warned they are NOT fun place to hang out if you dont like sketchy people
A good small responsible party will be somewhere like a rented out state park during slow season, or a beach park, someplace with bathrooms and roads to it.

3) Come with your A game for both being prepared and having fun. If you are looking to partake in risking the chemical endeavors, do it at your own risk and be safe, intelligent and informed. Take care of yourself before, during and especially after your decision. Do the research on what replentishes what in your brain and takes steps accordingly. If you are not going to be altering your chemistry I suggest you be ready for those that are. Bring a little extra just for them because they WILL ask for it. Hard candy if like money to a raver. Water and comfortable clothes and shoes are important, it's like your senile. Bring something you enjoy to do, and make it part of the environment, fishing, kiting, mt biking, cooking, art, music, astronomy etc. Be willing to show and learn, this is a two way street.

One of the best parties I went to was at a Science Center with interactive displays on dinosaurs and insects and such

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thatshicray

seriously doubt it know some brain damaged people who use to go to them

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This thread is all the evidence one needs to prove that drugs cause delusions.

I don't care how you feel during it. I know, it feels good. But you aren't doing a damn thing to improve the world. You're getting wasted and dancing. Please explain how that helps the world. You can't, because your belief that raves advancing the world is a delusion.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

I don't care how you feel during it. I know, it feels good. But you aren't doing a damn thing to improve the world. You're getting wasted and dancing. Please explain how that helps the world. You can't, because your belief that raves advancing the world is a delusion.

I feel that comment is very uneducated, Ecstasy has many uses which have helped thousands of people. Just watch the first part of this series and you may just change your mind a little.Don't get caught up in the dramatization of the authorities

In its pure form it can help, as the video explains, Sadly they banned it forcing it underground and the rest is history.

Do I think the op is right, no I don't, do I think this drug can change someone's outlook on life even if it is used recreationally, yes I do, as long as it is used under medical supervision

Wal

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Honestly, the garden of Eden was a rave. They all did drugs. How else does a snake talk to you? It was a world of perfection, unicorns, and young nubile bodies, and even, drugs. Did I mention drugs?

Whenever I see somebody at work just all happy I think "Wow, that person doesn't need to do anything productive. Just let them be happy whilst we all slave away".

K, enough sarcasm. And no, raves are going to give anybody a portal into greater consciousness. Cough....

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I had to find this thread.. i cant believe snowball music festival has an ad on abovetopsecret hahah.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by auswally

Originally posted by Ghost375

I feel that comment is very uneducated.

Actually, it is extremely well educated. I know more about drugs than you could even fathom.

Drugs cause delusions. FACT.

Using MDMA doesn't make the world a better place. FACT. It makes the world SEEM like a better place.

Don't put words in my mouth. I only made 2 statements in my post. And both were true. I never said MDMA doesn't help improve people's lives or help depression, I said the people on it, aren't doing anything to make the world a better place. Even if MDMA helps depression, there are better chemicals to do so, that don't cause brain damage, and that don't cause delusions.

edit on 2-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join