It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are raves helping the advancement of our evolution?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The love is so rediculous. The people saying ohh you were on mdma or lsd, yeah, and it opened everyone up. It didnt change them. All the goers have that love in them, which is why we go in the first place. ted bundy wouldnt be at a rave cuz thats not his mindset. Mine is i love having fun and theres tens of thousands of people feeling the same way, and its so great to share. As the OP said, its crazy you make hundreds of friends in a few hours. Going to snowmont at killington in a month, 3 day music fest with not just edm so should provide an awesome crowd.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Tribes have been dancing to repetitive rhythms using mind expanding substances since the invention of the drum. It's a very tribal experience, bringing people together

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thatshicray

Which is all due to the mdma/ecstasy pills they popped.
The sad part is that with abuse/repeated use it damages the very part of the brain that make you capable of feeling love and empathy, so after abuse they can hardly feel such feelings without being high.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
i had the same revelation about metal, specifically black metal. but soon you come to realize that all music has some sort of euphoric power over people. metal concerts are exactly what you described your rave to be like. everyone is happy and friendly and the energy is unreal.

people apparently get shot and robbed at rap and hiphop concerts. i wouldnt suggest those. thats negative energy and keeping people apart.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

www.addictionjournal.org...
Good effort. Keep coming to conclusions through hearsay.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Raves were around in the 90's when I was a teen, I never went because of all the horror stories I heard, and frankly they all looked like morans. everyone was buying those stupid baby bottle pops to suck on so their mouths wouldn't dry out, meanwhile the ecstasy in their systems was rapidly dehydrating them to the point of ER visits, girls getting date raped because of it, sounds fun?, nah sounds stupid. Drugs are bad mmkay?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm a "few beers and embarrassing dancing" type person. It's just a shame we all feel so inhibited as to need a few beers. I mean, it's not like I need to be drunk to accept the fact I can't dance, I am nothing if not realistic.

"Imma try and move my body vaguely in time with the music for a moment, please excuse me this should only take a moment...."

They have these huge 25,000 person events here but I don't think I'd like that. Must be a long queue for the bar and the toilets and when I need to go a queue is not helpful when more than 1 or 2 people are in it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Anyone who buys random pills while out in public is an idiot and you should not be around them. Those things can be cut with anything and do you really think a chemist is going to be trying to get kids high on legit drugs at one of these mass parties? Absolutely not, it's extremely doubtful there is a chemist behind it at all and its probably some ninny who looked up a crap recipe for a drug online. If you want to evolve you should try something that makes you trip, not mdma (which is fancy speed, NOT a hallucinogen), such as lsd, mushrooms, or dmt. Anything that changes your perspective helps the evolution process. Right now I believe that there is a cancer on the planet that is a mindset of needing for the self. Greed. Once we conquer greed and can take care of one another without being forced to then we will thrive and the possibilities will be endless. Psychedelic drugs help one to realize that we are like the cells of the planet, meant to work together to advance the overall structure, earth. Also, anything man made is also natural. Man is nature therefor anything he creates is nature as well. Some things hurt the planet but a lot of what humans do isn't terrible. This is where greed comes into play. Must think about the whole.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
No, raves aren't doing much.

It's easy to be friendly when life isn't challenging you. Much different when that spiritual part of you is put to the test. My best guess is that is why we bipedal hairless simians are here to begin with. Spirit vs nature that is. College isn't hard (no matter what you think). Up to this point in life you have probably lived with your parents paying your bills. You took a lot of things for granted when you made your statement. Come back in 15 years and follow up please.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Honestly, if you went anywhere with thousands of people, the chance of an ER visit by someone is very highly likely. Ive raved for 10 hours with nothing but beer. Its just about being responsible. If i felt my heart speeding up i would take a step back for 10 minutes and just chill. Its like with anything, i know kids who have taken like 10 tabs of acid and they are fine, not fine but i mean theyre going to be just fine in a few hours lol. Its just about not being an idiot.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hottoboggan

One can have some very negative flashback moments after having done hallucinogenic drugs. '___', in particular, is known for this type of reaction (even years later). I agree that people should not buy random drugs from people they meet at events (even from their own friends). I absolutely disagree that hallucinogenic drugs helps one to evolve. Any altered state of consciousness can be achieved without the aid of drugs- and I am highly skeptical that such states are at all helpful to anyone.

Once again- feelings are nice, but fickle. It is one's actions, despite how they feel, which count.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh

One can have some very negative flashback moments after having done hallucinogenic drugs. '___', in particular, is known for this type of reaction (even years later). I agree that people should not buy random drugs from people they meet at events (even from their own friends). I absolutely disagree that hallucinogenic drugs helps one to evolve. Any altered state of consciousness can be achieved without the aid of drugs- and I am highly skeptical that such states are at all helpful to anyone.

Once again- feelings are nice, but fickle. It is one's actions, despite how they feel, which count.

I speak from experience. I have never once had a flashback, and if I did I would realize what was happening and stay in control. Mind over matter. I was once a society programmed pink robot who cared of nothing but money and how to get things for myself. I was blinded by the illusion that we are all independent. The thought flow you get while tripping is unlike anything I've been able to recreate sober. However, everyone's DNA is slightly different so perhaps my experiences may differ from others, but from the majority of my research I have found similar reports as to what I experienced. Think of taking drugs as a choice to have a self induced spiritual experience. You can control it and guide it if you so choose. It's all in your head anyway. I have experienced 0 negative effects from tripping over 250 times. I eat raw marijuana buds and it keeps me healthy. To each his own though. This is just my perspective.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Tribes have been dancing to repetitive rhythms using mind expanding substances since the invention of the drum. It's a very tribal experience, bringing people together

precisely. this is part of what bugs me about the whole thing.

since the dawn of time humankind has gathered around a fire, danced the night away on significant dates, and communed with their friends. and sometimes enemies.

when the rave scene started the various narcotics involved were as they were meant to be. high grade drugs developed for the military and it's applications. ecstasy was invented originally to help with various traumas. and it works.

now carry that over to the young people. they take this drug, they all feel 'of the same mind' (for wont of better words), and they gather together and talk to each other, about all different subjects, politics and world problems included. well god knows, tptb can't have that!! like minded peaceful people gathering together and deciding they don't like where the world is going? oh no, lets legislate... not just the drugs but lets stop the raves,... hell, don't just stop the raves, stop ANY gathering of more than a few people and throw them in prison.

thus the criminal justice bill was born. as a dj that knows the rave scene quite well i feel quite qualified to state my views! when the narcotics were as they were originally intended, we all joined together, we all felt like family, and we all helped one another when needed. even when the narcotics wore off, the feelings were still there, we made lifelong friends and family back then.

then something changed the ingredients... which in turn changed how the vibe went. along with the new legislation it became harder and harder for large groups of like minded people to gather together,... tptb were so scared of this happening, and people joining the dots and doing something about it, that they waged war on us all. they ignored rights, tradition and free will in order to stop people effectively banding together. perish the thought that they'd all come to the same conclusion and get rid of the corrupt governments, and work together to make the world a better place, can't have that can we.

that was many moons ago.. i haven't used those sorts of narcotics for donkeys years, no point, they're nothing like they were originally... but i still get the same buzz when i dj, i feel connected with the crowd, and i only ever see smiling faces in front of me.

i miss those days, it was nice to be in a huge crowd of people knowing that any one of them would help anybody else if they needed it. THATS long gone. sadly.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

that is all true
and if ravers were taking "heroic dosages"
of Mckennas's little buddies [psylocibin mushrooms]
in a proper communal setting

then the answer to the OP's question would be yes

the answer to the OP's question is of course a resounding NO
because they are using so called

"designer drugs"

i ask: designed by whom? designed for what purpose[s]?

no mysteries are being revealed to ravers
they are merely frying their brains
while serving as guinea pigs for who knows what kind of experiments

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yea im kinda in that stage now. you gotta be careful though some people try packing 400 people in a 3 story house and it can get dangerous but most of us people buzzing off our substances don't even consider this. Everything you said about the energy and interaction is all true. It has something to do with the devious nature of a rave that makes it so exciting. It definitely has benefit to social character. The same is true with most drugs as well. In my opinion its an experience everyone should have. (No crazy hard drugs of course).
Party on, good post!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

You took too much x son, you met morhpeus and now hes got to take you back, dont forget alpha beta capa, capa beta aplha, the synapses awaken when called brother.

In other words quit the drugs, raves are for fun and girls

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

edit on 18-2-2012 by R3velutionR3quired because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It was stated once already, but folks seem to have missed it. "Raving" is not new, the only thing diffrent from the shamanistic gatherings of the past and today's raves is the music. With that being said looking closer at the music, you will see that even the music is not diffrent.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I agree with the spiritual thing, they reckon it activates a god node in your brain, in hindsight this was why religous people did drugs, but tbf my research shows the bad far outweigh the good. To put it simply i think any drugs bring out things from inside you, you didnt know where there and were not looking for, insanity, evil, beauty, spirituality, worst thing is you do them if your depressed or already or down, that just makes you suicidal

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Music has profound psychological and emotional affects, add to that the crowd mentality and it can be an incredibly beautiful experience. All the concerts I've been too have seemed a lot like you described, it doesn't have to be a "Rave" and the type of music doesn't necessarily matter all that much either.

I think our reactions to the music are more a product of our evolution than a next stage. Keep in mind that as evolution goes it is populations that evolve not individuals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join