It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are raves helping the advancement of our evolution?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I do not know if any of you have been to a rave or not, but let me tell you first hand, it is one of the most beautiful experiences and I am lucky to have gone to many of them. Now, it was crazy, last night I had a little revelation about our whole evolution and ascension which many believe is going to happen this year. I was thinking last night at the rave that what is helping our ascension is the energy at these raves. The energy is unreal, electronic music going off and everyone is dancing, loving one another, and everyone makes tons of friends in just a few hours. Now the interesting thing is that these raves are all the younger generation. Since I have been in college, EDM has pretty much taken over and a lot of college aged students go to these raves whenever the possibility comes a long, In just a matter of a year, I feel that more and more people are going to these raves and having such a spiritual experience. What came to me was this is how people are going to feel all the time when we ascend, which is, such unconditional love for everyone, no negative judgments, everyone's happy full of energy, everyone fits in and is perfect just the way they are, and when i thought about this, I became very excited on the future if we were to truly ascend this year. These raves are huge gatherings, sometimes days long (like EDC), consist of the younger generation where everyone is dancing, smiling, loving, completely living in the moment, most of the music consists of love and is filled with emotion, there is no hate or negativity at a rave. Could this be helping our ascension if it is going to happen this coming year? After last night, I think it is and if it does occur, then we all have a very bright future for us

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

edit on 18-2-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Really? U can tell she feels so loved and spiritual
(Someone please embed this for me)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

accidents happen.
Besides the security guards, everyone seems to be wanting to help!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I happen to love raves, or free party's as they are known round here,

But I have seen plenty of negativity and fights, people getting robbed and abusing drugs.

They are great with the right crowed - but I would gander a guess that your spiritual experience was induced by drugs (and music) ?

edit on 18-2-2012 by Soapusmaximus because: Delete vid.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
Really? U can tell she feels so loved and spiritual
(Someone please embed this for me)
www.youtube.com...

Here ya go.

By the way- people have been having ecstatic experiences for eons. I had exactly that 'love everyone' feeling way back when I was pentecostal and thought I was experiencing the spirit. Hindus, Buddhists, whoever, also feel that type of ecstasy during an altered stated of consciousness. It's a lovely feeling, but I believe that's all it is. Feelings are fickle.
edit on 18-2-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thatshicray

No. Raves aren't new. There were Raves when I was a teenager and thats 20 years ago. So I ask you, does the world seem a better place? Do people in their 30 now seem improved? Or are they just turning into their parents like every previous generation has?

People haven't fundamentally advanced in a very very long time.

We'll be genetically tinkering with ourselves at some point and augmenting with tech but the outcome of that remains to be seem and it'll be for the rich only.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
raves are full of horny drunk people who have likely taken mdma. that is why they're all friends. that's where the energy comes from. its just another way to make you stupid. the ravers think they're doing something for universal consciousness but in reality they're just getting wasted and having fun. there is nothing more to it. been there, done that. last weekend i went to one and left after i realized what it was. try taking mdma while you're drunk and not have a good time. that is a challenge.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
With a little help from extacy I guess anything is possible... Burning man is more of a spiritual up lifting. A rave is a bunch of doped up kids dancing around a corn field somewhere. I went to a few raves between 2002-2006 after seeing countless people overdose at these things my thoughts on raves changed. Granted they are all lovey dovey but they are also dangerous. Now if a bunch of random SOBER people could get together with the same effect I would agree with you.

Want to advance your evolution? Try meditating...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Ever since raves and edm went mainstream I've been seeing wrong kinds of crowd all the time whenever I dj

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hottoboggan

haha ill admit everyone is on some mdma, yes its pretty hard not to have a good time on it (im still feeling it from last night). As for the spiritual experience, i find them very love filled nights that after every rave has changed my life by just a little bit, allowing me to be happier and less judgmental towards other people. After a rave, all my friends and I have become extremely close even when were not all drugged up, something inside us changed allowing us to break down more of the social barriers. I know i have more love for people after every rave i go to, and it just keeps growing after every experience. Your probably right, these gatherings are just a bunch of kids getting drugged up, but i think subconsciously, these raves help to promote love and compassion, long after the drug wears off. Looking at all my friends who changed for the better after their first rave experience, i would say it is indeed spiritual in some way.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Brain chemicals, esp enhanced by extra juice, are powerful things. They also have nothing to do with global or evolutionary conditions.
This generation will change nothing just as the "Age of Aquarius" generation changed nothing. Enjoy yourself while you can, though. Mortgages, bills, insurance, debt, and repair costs will take your high away within a few years.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
bookingmarking for later as i'm on my way out... as a rave dj who's been to LOADS of them, i'm dying to read further

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thatshicray

Raves only seem that way to you because you were tripping on '___' or ecstasy. Take that out and raves are pretty lame and kinda creepy.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
There was a time in the UK when ravers thought they were changing the world, the summer of 89 or the 2nd summer of love as it was known. The first being in the USA in 1967
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Here's a good documentary on the summer of 89.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It ain't working for Superman.

ETA He's had too much Ketamine or XTC apparently. I have no idea which but after watching this I have no desire to find out either. In a 2nd part you see him being carted off by medics.
edit on 18/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Different things do different things to different people (sorry, sounds a bit tongue twister-ish, lol).

I'm not sure about advancing evolution... but if you enjoy it, then it's good for you. Enjoying something in life is what makes people live longer, so it could "advance" people in some ways, whether it be self awareness or simply inspiring an idea.

Me, personally i would see a band play live with nothing more than guitar and drum, but hey i'm into punk-rock and electric guitars. I can't stand the sound of synthesized bass and electric snares (makes me feel off balance and agitated, believe me i get angry at that kind of music being played by people in their cars).

Though, as rave's typically involve a high amount of people doing alot of chemical abuse... those who go along that route might not benefit from any advancements as you suggest.

I guess if it's something you enjoy, then of course, it will expand your awareness and thinking, which i guess in a way is evolution for one's self.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think what your looking for is Ecstasy.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
I think what your looking for is Ecstasy.

They could settle wars with this
If only they will imagine the worlds leaders on pills then imagine the morning after
Wars causing disaster don't talk to me i don't know ya
But this ain't tomorrow and for now i still love ya

www.azlyrics.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Here's my problem with the whole rave thing. Kids running around popping pills they know nothing about.

"Well #, that looks small, I'll take 3 of those!" That kind of stupidity and cluelessness abounds in that kind of environment. There's no one looking out for you, just a bunch of "friends" one of whom sees fit to film your escapades and put it on youtube for posterity. Nice friends! Nice drugs, not!

Somewhere down the line this guy will be looking for work, walk in somewhere for an interview and all of a sudden:

"Here...you look like that Superman guy...wait a minute....Hey Dave, Dave, come in here quick! Superman is asking us for a job and he didn't bring his Kryptonite with him!"
*cue hilarity, mirth and downright piss-taking and NO job*

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join