It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Forget being called husband and wife, gay rights group wants 'parties to marriage' in bill to lega

page: 4
6
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin
 





It is ridiculous how homosexuals are terrorizing the heterosexual community into submission. Nothing but tyrannical bigots. Incapable of leaving others alone, forcing themselves upon a society that wants little to do with them.


They are using the proper democratic process to change laws and propose bills. This is not tyranny or forcing themselves. And modern society, including heterosexuals, wants just as little to do with anti-gay bigots, too, if not even less. You do not speak for society or heterosexuals.


edit on 19/2/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by korathin
 





It is ridiculous how homosexuals are terrorizing the heterosexual community into submission. Nothing but tyrannical bigots. Incapable of leaving others alone, forcing themselves upon a society that wants little to do with them.


They are using the proper democratic process to change laws and propose bills. This is not tyranny or forcing themselves. And modern society, including heterosexuals, wants just as little to do with anti-gay bigots, too, if not even less. You do not speak for society or heterosexuals.


edit on 19/2/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)


Right, then why do gay's do everything in their power to keep these issues from the voters? Why are they so intent on forcing homosexual indoctrination on small children?

I just speak for 50%+ of society that opposes gay marriage.

But I guess in your mind unelected bureaucrats and Judges are the proper democratic channels.



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofNight



In reference to your signature... You're trying to swim through the ocean of perspectives, how haven't you drowned in your sea of bull$%*#?




You can see no perspective but your own, and yet you dare criticize me for manifesting my own unique perspective?

The difference between us is that the vast majority of heterosexuals are willing to tolerate homosexuality, but homosexuals refuse to tolerate heterosexuals.

You by your own admission have a vested interest in destroying hetero-normal culture. So your going out of your way to force other people to adopt to your view point. That is disgusting and flat out revolting. That is the tactic of a rapist.

Just because something is right for you, doesn't mean it is right for everyone else. And what is right for everyone else may or may not be right for you.

People who try to universally force themselves onto others are the worst and most insidious kind of evil possible.

If you disagree with someone, walk away. Let bygones be bygones. Granted the current system of government enforced segregation is not desirable as it prevents gay's from going their own way(which is why marriage needs to be made a purely religious thing, with Civil Unions being the legal aspect of it that the government handles).

But what gay's are tying to do is switch the government mandated things around(Kind of like how when they ended racial segregation they began a blitzkrieg of highly discriminatory anti white programs etc).

And I must oppose such a thing. If you don't understand what I am talking about look up Sweden and the newest anti-heterosexual initiatives being done there.
--
If your still unable to comprehend what I am trying to get across:

I don't like rap music. I don't want to listen to it at all. So if it comes on the radio, I turn the radio off.

Some people like rap and can't understand how anyone could oppose it. So they whine, call those who oppose them names and belittle their position. Then they demand that all radio's and CD players in car's play a mandated amount of rap. So everyone has to "get with the program and accept it".
++++++
If you still can't understand then you never will.



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin
 


I agree with you.I don't care what adult gays do to each
other,but you gays leave our kids' alone.I don't want them
to be taught that the "gay" lifestyle is an appropriate life
style choice.



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

If your still unable to comprehend what I am trying to get across:

I don't like rap music. I don't want to listen to it at all. So if it comes on the radio, I turn the radio off.

Some people like rap and can't understand how anyone could oppose it. So they whine, call those who oppose them names and belittle their position. Then they demand that all radio's and CD players in car's play a mandated amount of rap. So everyone has to "get with the program and accept it".
++++++
If you still can't understand then you never will.


Let me use your analogy to explain how things REALLY are:

Because people like you hate rap music so much, you demand that all rap music be taken off the air. You don't want to have to accidentally hear any rap music if it happens to be playing when you turn on the radio, so you and others like you demand that the radio stations just take that music off the air entirely. You don't care if people listen to someone playing rap music CDs in their home, but you don't want it on the public airways, because it offends you.

The people who like rap music don't think it's fair that they don't get to listen to rap music on the radio, so they object. It's not fair that the only time they can hear rap music is on CDs. They want to hear rap music on the radio, just like you get to hear your music on the radio. They don't want to take your music off the airways, they just want their music included.



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by korathin
 


I agree with you.I don't care what adult gays do to each
other,but you gays leave our kids' alone.I don't want them
to be taught that the "gay" lifestyle is an appropriate life
style choice.


So, I'm assuming you think its WRONG to teach children not to discriminate against others, which means you think it's RIGHT to teach children to discriminate against others?



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv
 


You don't teach young children that being "gay" is a lifestyle
choice they can make.I am talking YOUNG children,grade
school age.If these issues lable me a bigot,so be it! I won't
back down when it involves children.



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by kaylaluv
 


You don't teach young children that being "gay" is a lifestyle
choice they can make.I am talking YOUNG children,grade
school age.If these issues lable me a bigot,so be it! I won't
back down when it involves children.


I agree with you, even though I do think being Gay is a type of choice (I'll explain later). Some people are born more feminine or masculine, or they develop those characteristics as they grow, but this doesn't earmark them for straight or gay. We shouldn't be teaching children about sexuality at all. We can teach them the mechanics and biology of sex at a certain appropriate age, but we don't need to start labeling them one way or another. To be honest, I would be devastated if one of my boys turned out gay. I wouldn't understand it, wouldn't agree with it, wouldn't like it,,,,, but I would still love them. I hope it doesn't happen, but if I know I raise them appropriately, and they still turn out gay, then so be it. I'm not going to raise them on some anti-gay agenda, or raise them to think it is perfectly normal either. I'm just going to raise them normally like people have done for millennia!

So,,,,,,
Do I think it is a choice? Kind of, but more of a perversion that develops at some key point during puberty. And don't think of "perversion" as a bad thing. We all have perversions, they are natural, and at some key point in our sexual development we hone in on something significant. Maybe it is panties, or butts, or bathroom peaking, or shoes, or skirts, or eyes, or hair, or whatever, but I honestly believe being gay is just an extension of that. At some point, some people hone in on something attractive in the same sex. I also support this with personal observation by acknowledging that sexual tastes change over time. I know people that have evolved to become gay in their 50's. I know people that have developed tastes for all kinds of other perversions as they aged. I know people that have had so much sex, they became bored with it and started exploring different avenues, including bi-sexuality and other things such as trans-gender. For these reasons, I do not believe a person is born with any sexuality whatsoever, except for the biological pro-creation instinct, which is necessarily a heterosexual attraction. Everything beyond basic pro-creation is just a perversion, and this includes heterosexual monogamous sex. If you aren't making a baby, then you are just doing it for fun, which makes it a perversion not an instinct. So, in that regard, for folks that want to demonize homosexuals, think about this........ heterosexual, missionary sex with your spouse, with a condom, is just as much a sin as homosexual sex.



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by kaylaluv
 


You don't teach young children that being "gay" is a lifestyle
choice they can make.I am talking YOUNG children,grade
school age.If these issues lable me a bigot,so be it! I won't
back down when it involves children.


Being gay is not a lifestyle choice - no one is teaching that it is. Being gay is simply an identity - it's who some people ARE, not who they "choose to be". It's a question of whether they have to HIDE who they truly are, or should they be allowed to BE who they truly are. I want my 10-year-old to be taught that there are many different kinds of people in the world, and that this is ok, as long as they aren't hurting anyone. I want her to learn that we can and should tolerate differences, and that all people who aren't hurting anyone deserve the same rights as everyone else. I have taught her not to hate or discriminate against someone who is different than she is - whether they be black, obese, mentally disabled, gay, etc., etc. How can this possibly be a wrong thing to teach?
edit on 19-2-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

So,,,,,,
Do I think it is a choice? Kind of, but more of a perversion that develops at some key point during puberty. And don't think of "perversion" as a bad thing. We all have perversions, they are natural, and at some key point in our sexual development we hone in on something significant. Maybe it is panties, or butts, or bathroom peaking, or shoes, or skirts, or eyes, or hair, or whatever, but I honestly believe being gay is just an extension of that. At some point, some people hone in on something attractive in the same sex. I also support this with personal observation by acknowledging that sexual tastes change over time. I know people that have evolved to become gay in their 50's. I know people that have developed tastes for all kinds of other perversions as they aged. I know people that have had so much sex, they became bored with it and started exploring different avenues, including bi-sexuality and other things such as trans-gender. For these reasons, I do not believe a person is born with any sexuality whatsoever, except for the biological pro-creation instinct, which is necessarily a heterosexual attraction. Everything beyond basic pro-creation is just a perversion, and this includes heterosexual monogamous sex. If you aren't making a baby, then you are just doing it for fun, which makes it a perversion not an instinct. So, in that regard, for folks that want to demonize homosexuals, think about this........ heterosexual, missionary sex with your spouse, with a condom, is just as much a sin as homosexual sex.


Specific sexual turn-ons are not the same as sexual identity. By sexual identity, I mean WHO you are attracted to, not WHAT you are attracted to. Sure, there are straight people who explore different sexual avenues, but they usually don't re-identify themselves as gay. Whether your sexual identity is determined genetically, environmentally, or by a combination of the two, is still somewhat up for debate, but I have known many gay people who were clearly "different" well before they hit puberty.

Being sexually attracted to feet, or rear ends, or panties is just about the sex - I really don't think people have romantic feelings for these things. Being gay is more than just about the sex, just like being straight is more than just about the sex. I know a gay man that loves another man, and he's not even really interested in sex - his libido is very low, but he has never felt romantic love for a woman, only for a man.



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm
 


Live and let live.

What two consenting adults do in private is none of your business.

And, if two people fall in love and happen to be the same sex what gives you the right to judge them.

Just make sure you are living your life correctly as you see fit.

I know several same sex couples and they are far nicer than many of the heterosexual couples I know.

My guess is you are a conservative Christian and I am quite frankly tired of right wing conservatives trying to cram their ideology down everyone's throat.

The soul has no color nor sex............only our bodies.

With all the other major stuff going on in the world, oil gushers, volcanoes, earthquakes, 27,000+ people a day dying from lack of food and water, war, war and more war, we do not need more hate, more prejudice.

Just live and let live.

Worry and judge your own life and let others be.

(And I am a older, heterosexual female).
edit on 19-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: grammar



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv
 


Good point. But I also know plenty of men that have deeply loved other men, but only enjoyed heterosexual sex. So what does that make them?

I think you are on to something, perhaps we need to specifically separate sex from our thought-process. Sex is mostly an enjoyable activity, with nothing to do with pro-creation and everything to do with carnal desires, and often it is not even related to romantic feelings or friendships. Perhaps we start going awry the minute we start shackling sex to romance and friendship and relationships.

Maybe there is no such thing as homo or hetero at all? I've had a full-grown, straight man, and life-long friend run up, grab me by my cheeks and plant a big ol' kiss on me!
It wasn't romantic, it was comedic, but we really do love each other and we are the farthest thing from homosexual.

Maybe someday, sex will come out of the closet, and people can participate in it, explore it, enjoy it, and talk about it openly and it won't have to be shackled to some type of relationship that can be defined and exploited by the churches and governments.

I mentioned earlier, in my mind, even more important than "gay marriage" is legal unions between hetero people. I've personally known sets of old women, widowed, living together for decades, that really needed to have legal power to assist one another, but there was no avenue for such a thing. They couldn't share their benefits or participate in one another's health affairs, or take any tax-breaks even though they lived together as a couple for decades. We really need to fix the law, and get over our obsession with sex and sexuality.
edit on 19-2-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by ssupp
Can't we just invent something that's exactly the same as marriage except we call it something else so the religious people don't get frustrated?

I mean really, how hard can it be?



NO!

Separate but Equal is NEVER OK!
Both unions are different.
One includes two different sexes and other constitutes single sex.
How they can be same ??
And if they aren't same, they shouldn't be given same title particularly a title which is a religious one.
State has no right to force religious persons to change their views.
State should stay out of marriage.
They shouldn't provide marriage certificate but civil union certificate both for gay and straight unions.
Just don't mess with the 'marriage' word as in marriage,there is a husband and a wife, a male and a female.
And at last ''separate but equal is never ok", wow!! your hypocrisy is disgusting.



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by deepankarm
 


Live and let live.

What two consenting adults do in private is none of your business.

And, if two people fall in love and happen to be the same sex what gives you the right to judge them.

Just make sure you are living your life correctly as you see fit.

I know several same sex couples and they are far nicer than many of the heterosexual couples I know.

My guess is you are a conservative Christian and I am quite frankly tired of right wing conservatives trying to cram their ideology down everyone's throat.

The soul has no color nor sex............only our bodies.

With all the other major stuff going on in the world, oil gushers, volcanoes, earthquakes, 27,000+ people a day dying from lack of food and water, war, war and more war, we do not need more hate, more prejudice.

Just live and let live.

Worry and judge your own life and let others be.

(And I am a older, heterosexual female).
edit on 19-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: grammar
First, thank you for making yet another troll post.
Neither i am a Christian nor native English speaking one.
But i guess i triumph you on both.
Madam, plz read my opening post and then the link provided before making a comment.
"Live and let live " is for those who can't distinguish between right or wrong.
And don't mention your sexuality, i don't care....



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
As long as they both share the childcare equally.... Oh wait...



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by ofNight



In reference to your signature... You're trying to swim through the ocean of perspectives, how haven't you drowned in your sea of bull$%*#?




You can see no perspective but your own, and yet you dare criticize me for manifesting my own unique perspective?

The difference between us is that the vast majority of heterosexuals are willing to tolerate homosexuality, but homosexuals refuse to tolerate heterosexuals.

You by your own admission have a vested interest in destroying hetero-normal culture. So your going out of your way to force other people to adopt to your view point. That is disgusting and flat out revolting. That is the tactic of a rapist.

Just because something is right for you, doesn't mean it is right for everyone else. And what is right for everyone else may or may not be right for you.

People who try to universally force themselves onto others are the worst and most insidious kind of evil possible.

If you disagree with someone, walk away. Let bygones be bygones. Granted the current system of government enforced segregation is not desirable as it prevents gay's from going their own way(which is why marriage needs to be made a purely religious thing, with Civil Unions being the legal aspect of it that the government handles).

But what gay's are tying to do is switch the government mandated things around(Kind of like how when they ended racial segregation they began a blitzkrieg of highly discriminatory anti white programs etc).

And I must oppose such a thing. If you don't understand what I am talking about look up Sweden and the newest anti-heterosexual initiatives being done there.
--
If your still unable to comprehend what I am trying to get across:

I don't like rap music. I don't want to listen to it at all. So if it comes on the radio, I turn the radio off.

Some people like rap and can't understand how anyone could oppose it. So they whine, call those who oppose them names and belittle their position. Then they demand that all radio's and CD players in car's play a mandated amount of rap. So everyone has to "get with the program and accept it".
++++++
If you still can't understand then you never will.


I appreciate your post. It proves my point. Thank you for your response.


I wish you the best, I really do. I'm going to "walk away", like you suggest. It's a waste of both our time.

edit on 19-2-2012 by ofNight because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
This is a forum full of libertarians.
This should be a non-issue.


You would think so, eh?

Unfortunately, there are more bigoted conservatives then anything.



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42

Originally posted by sealing
This is a forum full of libertarians.
This should be a non-issue.


You would think so, eh?

Unfortunately, there are more bigoted conservatives then anything.





Amen Brother.
So frustrating. Thanks Clyde.



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
what I call my wife has nothing to do with legislation

get over it already



posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by kaylaluv
 


You don't teach young children that being "gay" is a lifestyle
choice they can make.I am talking YOUNG children,grade
school age.If these issues lable me a bigot,so be it! I won't
back down when it involves children.


Thanks mamabeth, to you and Korathin. I have brought this issue up on another thread and been labeled by the pro gay crowd for my stance on the education issue. There has been a concerted effort to promote the gay community by using the educational system. It is shocking to see the actual stuff being promoted in the classrooms, and i think a lot of parents aren't even aware it's happening, but the ones who are and oppose it are often harassed or even in one man's case was arrested on school property.
What I discovered was that some of the top level activists have said that they were willing to use the issue of school bullying and school safety as a way to promote their agenda, and many suckers who believe that school safety is really what it's about defend this insidiious attempt at values clarification and propaganda.
I also discovered that one of the early activists, Harry Hay actually was a long time member of the Communist Party and member of NAMBLA, that group that promotes sodomy of little boys by adults.




top topics



 
6
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join