It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Israeli cyber attack on Press TV fails

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I fail to see your point..

That would be because it doesn't support your viewpoint. Its also because it is true and undermines your argument against Western media being unreliable.

I dont see media other than Iran's cracking down on reporting with the upcoming elections in Iran. IF they are so open why the need to crack down on whats reported?

Im curious as to what your excuse will be to justify Iran's actions.

Its a BS news story and is done so Iran's government can once again blame the West for their wown stupidity. Why tell them they are taking the internet and websites off line when they can just as cowardly blame the west for it.

This is a False Flag by Iran to blame the West and nothing more.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

That would be because it doesn't support your viewpoint. Its also because it is true and undermines your argument against Western media being unreliable.

I dont see media other than Iran's cracking down on reporting with the upcoming elections in Iran. IF the are so open why the need to crack down on whats reported?

Its a BS news story and is done so Iran's government can once again blame the West for their won stupidity. Why tell them they are taking the internet and websites off line when they can just as cowardly blame the west for it.

I would love for ANYONE to find me positive spin,in ANY fashion from Press TV,about these protests that were held in their country.

The 2011 Iranian protests are a series of demonstrations across Iran which began on 14 February 2011, called "The Day of Rage". The protests followed the 2009–2010 Iranian election protests and were influenced by other concurrent protests in the region. To date the protests have resulted in at least three known deaths, with dozens more being hospitalized and hundreds arrested.

2011 Iranian protests

Any takers from those who believe Press TV is a legitimate source of news,without an agenda ?

Iranian lawmakers denounced Monday's protests in Tehran and called for the execution of two opposition leaders for inciting the demonstrations, Iran's state-run Press TV reported Tuesday.

LINK

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Iran cracks down on Internet as parliamentary elections near

As Iran nears its March 2 parliamentary elections, Tehran is adding new surveillance measures over its citizens’ Internet freedoms. In a briefing on Friday, the Department of State, said that the move will cut Iranian citizens off from the “global conversation.” The announcement comes as Iranian authorities work to develop a national intranet, which would effectively replace the World Wide Web for Iranians.

Iran “issued regulations giving Internet cafes 15 days to install security cameras [and] start collecting detailed personal information on customers and document users’ online footprints,” the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, calling the crackdown Iran’s “most sweeping move” yet. The rules also require users to furnish personally-identifying information in order to log on to the Internet at the cafes, including the user’s “name, father’s name, address, telephone and national identification numbers.”

The text of the regulation reads that the rules “are aimed at promoting transparency and organization for Internet businesses and offer more protection against online abuse.”

Google, Yahoo and Wikipedia all rank among the top 10 most visited sites by Iranian Internet users, according to statistics from website analytics site Alexa.com. Social networks like Facebook and YouTube rank in the top 20 most visited sites for Iranians. Tehran has already enacted measures to block its citizens from accessing those sites.

In 2009, Tehran created a 250,000-strong Cyber Police task force to monitor the Internet. The creation of two Cyber War centers that employ 2,000 Cyber Army staff was announced in October by Gen. Hossein Hamedani, the Revolutionary Guard commander in Tehran.

During Iran’s 2009 elections, the world watched on Twitter as protestors took to the streets of Tehran over what many perceived to be a stolen election. Pictures and video capturing the state’s violent suppression of the protests were uploaded to the social network. One infamous video posted to the Internet during the protests depicts a woman bleeding to death after she had reportedly been shot through the chest by a sniper.

Reza Kahlili, a former CIA operative in Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, wrote in a recent contribution to conservative website the American Thinker that Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, aspires towards a more apocalyptic outcome for the Arab Spring:

“In recent months, many Iranian clerics have issued statements of admiration for Khamenei, calling him the deputy of the last Islamic messiah, Mahdi, the Shiites’ 12th Imam, and even going so far as announcing that disobeying the supreme leader is equivalent to ‘apostasy from God.’ According to Shiite belief, Mahdi will reappear after great world chaos and destruction, and Islam will rule the world.”

The article contains more info so feel free to check it out.. All of this belongs to Iran, not the West, and Iran is, as usual, blaming anyone and everyone for the crack down on their own people.

The Iranian Government, including the top Turbins, are nothing more than cowards... PressTV is the only one reporting the supposed "attack".

Don't believe me or disagree with the info? Feel free to post this on PressTV in the comments section. Better yet feel free to travel to Iran and say it in public. When you are dragged away by Iranian security its going to be difficult to blame the West now wont it.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

yes except for the likelyhood that the "white-house and Intelligence Agency website" was actualy just taking themselves down and blaming it on anonymous in order to give themselves a case for internet control and censorship, hence why it was so easy to do, it wasnt actualy teenagers, you didnt believe that bs lie did you?
edit on 2/19/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The Iranian Government, including the top Turbins, are nothing more than cowards... PressTV is the only one reporting the supposed "attack".

Press TV is the mouthpiece of the Islamic Republic. It is in Iran’s interest to keep up the “we are being persecuted” mantra. It’s all so repetitive and predictable. One has to question why Press TV is treated by some people on these Boards as some sort of accurate news service.

Whether Press TV was a target of a hacking attempt is debatable. If it did happen, then where’s the proof it came from the “Big and Little Satan” aka the US and Israel.

Personally, I treat Press TV with more caution than any other news outlet, because they are so deeply embedded in the Iranian authority.

Regards

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

We are of the same mindset. My response in this thread was to show the people who regularly call US / Western Media propaganda as being hypocritical by believing PressTV at face value because it attacks the US / Israel with no proof other than the accusation.

The follow up was to show that the Iranian government only allows state controlled media in Iran, and with the elections coming up in Iran the Iranian government is taking further steps to further restrict freedom of speech, protest, opinion, while claiming their country is an open free society.

People are willing to believe their media simply because they will choose the side that is against the US / Israel.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
PressTV is the propaganda arm of Ahmies Army. 90% of what they put out is real news, as a way to make the 10% that is bogus more believeable.

If there was a real attack it was likely a probe to see how far we could get in shutting down the Iranian network. And I seriously doubt Iranian IT guys are better than the U.S. or Israeli guys, so I don't think they stopped anything, the excercise just ended.

The sabre rattling is ramping up, something will pop soon.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It was not government hackers from the United States and Israel.

The Governments developed the most advanced computer virus ever known Stuxnet, but they cant do a simple DDOS to take down a website?

It was a lone hacker or made up story, I dont know how people can actually believe this article

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
So what

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I've setup and operated a few Web services both professionally and as a hobby, and although not an expert, I think I have more knowledge of the subject than a layperson. Just as pure guess, the OP may have a completely mundane explanation, as follows. The "technical team" at this Iranian outlet had a major snafu that resulted in an outage. That happens, you know. Now, to cover their sorry @sses, they come up with this story about an evil Israeli virus and all, and presented themselves as heroes. You can plausibly say that the network activity was unusual and a few files were corrupted, but you restored them from the backup and now things are back to normal.

I'm not even saying that Iranian network is not being hacked day in, day out, because it is. But this particular case seems like a non-event to me.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
It was not government hackers from the United States and Israel.

The Governments developed the most advanced computer virus ever known Stuxnet, but they cant do a simple DDOS to take down a website?

It was a lone hacker or made up story, I dont know how people can actually believe this article

But the world is fraught with infinite possibilities! Let's say the DoD and/or some department in Israeli intelligence services had a few interns who must present a project for graduation. So yes, it wasn't a perfect attack, but they had to prove that they can do it in a pinch.

Not saying that's the way it was, I posted above that it wasn't even an attack anyhow.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Presstv wouldn't be my first choice of media to support. Not second nor third

Can't even really tell you where it ranks it's so far down the line.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I dont see media other than Iran's cracking down on reporting with the upcoming elections in Iran. IF they are so open why the need to crack down on whats reported?

Its a BS news story and is done so Iran's government can once again blame the West for their wown stupidity. Why tell them they are taking the internet and websites off line when they can just as cowardly blame the west for it.

Every issue that you describe, has a completely different meaning when considering the bigger picture. You can always complain about how you don't like the situation in Iran, yet you always ignore the obvious external pressure on Iran that creates such a situation.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Every issue that you describe, has a completely different meaning when considering the bigger picture. You can always complain about how you don't like the situation in Iran, yet you always ignore the obvious external pressure on Iran that creates such a situation.

Big Picture -
* - Iran has engaged in a course of action knowing full well it would bring itself onto the radar screens of countries around the world.

* - ignoring / violating their agreements with the IAEA / NPT.
* - Constantly calling for the destruction of Israel.

They made their own choices, and as a result other countries have made theirs in response. If the external pressure is "to much" then maybe they should rethink their course of action instead of constantly blaming anyone and everyone else for their own stupidity.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Big Picture -
* - Iran has engaged in a course of action knowing full well it would bring itself onto the radar screens of countries around the world.

Bigger picture: The Ayatollah's are in league with the Zionists and this game being played is an Apocalyptic one to bring about both their messiahs or whatever those nutjobs believe in.

They don't have nukes. Israel has nukes. Besides, now with Pakistan alligning themselves with Iran in case of a US military strike...and Pakistan already owning nukes...isn't this is mute point by now?

Do you know Farsi to understand what is being said? I do...and you're just horribly wrong. If you were to make such a statement in real life to someone with understanding of Farsi you would be looked at as a retard...but since you have a group you want to cater to you just spout lies as truths. Fitting for a cop in 2012.

They made their own choices, and as a result other countries have made theirs in response. If the external pressure is "to much" then maybe they should rethink their course of action instead of constantly blaming anyone and everyone else for their own stupidity.

And you are making choices to engage in information warfare for the Zionists. And this choice is a rather big one to make without thinking about it. But oh well, cops and intellect...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Big Picture -

That's you're idea of the big picture?

My perception of the bigger picture involves the conflict for global hegemony among the major powers of the world. Iran is one of a few countries who are targets because they are obstacles, not bridges, to the desired agenda.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Bigger picture: The Ayatollah's are in league with the Zionists and this game being played is an Apocalyptic one to bring about both their messiahs or whatever those nutjobs believe in.

Or,

They are in league as agents of TPTB.

All for a financial agenda.

The "messiah" issues could be a front to keep the populations happy.

edit on Feb-21-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

They are in league as agents of TPTB.

TPTB = an abstract entity.

I can pretty much point to the guilty people in this case.

The "messiah" issues could be a front to keep the populations happy.

No doubt that those who ill treat people to such a degree as Zionist/Islamic Religious authorities, they must be deranged and therefore must believe in something so skewed...that I wouldn't put it past them to view themselves as some kind of catalyst to a huge prophetic war.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

Ah yes.. the blame the Zionist game anytime the Islamic government behave in a manner that defiles their own religion. An old game and that card is played way to much, especially by people on this site.

They don't have nukes. Israel has nukes. Besides, now with Pakistan alligning themselves with Iran in case of a US military strike...and Pakistan already owning nukes...isn't this is mute point by now?

Israel is not a member of the NPT / IAEA, so they can have whatever they want, just as Pakistan does as its not a member of those 2 groups. India is not a member and neither is North Korea.

If your going to constantly use Israel as a crutch, learn the rules and go from there because that argument, like the one above, is old and the card is over played.

Do you know Farsi to understand what is being said? I do...and you're just horribly wrong. If you were to make such a statement in real life to someone with understanding of Farsi you would be looked at as a retard...but since you have a group you want to cater to you just spout lies as truths. Fitting for a cop in 2012.

If you actually read all of the info and not just the parts that support your claims, you would see the current Ayatollah stated Israel must be cut out like a cancer from the middle east. Cut out like a cancer... Care to explain that one to us since to me the intent is very clear. Ahmadinejad's comments, the one everyone denies, was said. During his speech he was quoting the Ayatollah from 1979, whose put forth a doctrine calling for the destruction and removal of Israel as well as the killing of Jews regardless of location in the world.

Any reason you and everyone else who is "oh so knowledgeable" about who said what they this speech somehow slipped your memory? Or are you going to use the excuse and blame the zionists again since there is no way you can spin what he said?

And you are making choices to engage in information warfare for the Zionists. And this choice is a rather big one to make without thinking about it. But oh well, cops and intellect...

Ah yes.. back to blaming the Zionists... Such an impotent excuse..

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

That's you're idea of the big picture?

My perception of the bigger picture involves the conflict for global hegemony among the major powers of the world. Iran is one of a few countries who are targets because they are obstacles, not bridges, to the desired agenda.

For Iran yes.. They are acting like they are more important than they actually are. As for your excuse of obstacles you are ignoring the fact several countries who are not friendly towards the US has nuclear weapons. The US does engage them in diplomacy and does not threaten them with war.

That is because those countries are constantly on TV threatening to blow other countries off the face of the earth, as Iran does every other day. If Iran, who likes to point out how old and mature their country is, would act like an adult and not a spoiled child, they may actually get somewhere.

However, in order to move forward they need to get rid of the top turbins and ahmadenijad, who are in fact obstacles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join