It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Israeli cyber attack on Press TV fails

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

US, Israeli cyber attack on Press TV fails

www.presstv.ir

According to the Press TV report, the attack against the website took place on February 18, from 07:50 to 10:05 local time.

However, the effective security countermeasures taken by the Press TV technical team foiled the cyber attack on the website.

This is not the first cyber attack on Press TV. On December 9, 2011 American and Israeli hackers attacked the Press TV website after the network broadcast footage a of the US RQ-170 Sentinel stealth aircraft, an advanced US spy drone which was captured by the Iranian military for violating the country’s airspace.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is similar to the British blocking Presstvs satellite signals and now they are attempting to try to silence presstv.

They just hate it when the truth comes out, oh no you can only watch state sponsored BBC, CNN, etc. You better not watch the truth only what we tell you to watch.

The first step in war is to cut off communications, and presstv is a vital com link to the peace community.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It really does look like we can expect war now..sanctions,press censorship,military build up,its all happened.
I have said before,sanctions are always the first stage,as they make a country dip into its much needed reserves,thus giving them less to survive on when hell rains upon them.
Media blackout/bias is another sure sign.

Things really do have the potential to go properly bad this year sadly.

More DU for another country of islamic faith...am I the only one seeing a depopulation program here?

I want to move some place nice,where this kind of meaningless recurrent war cycle does not exist...
I hear the kuiper belt is good at this time of year..

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

More DU for another country of islamic faith...am I the only one seeing a depopulation program here?

Count me in with that thought. It seems all countries where western (white) forces have used DU shells is in nations that have a vast ethnicity of dark skin. I'm not entirely sure if that means anything, but at a glance it can seem to mount upto an act of genocide on certain races by destroying their gene pool for future generations...

...and wow, all of this happens under the guise of "regime change" and "democracy".

It's actually quite a scary thought that this could be the start as you say with blacking out communications. But i honestly think a large majority of us won't see the light of day until someone jams BBC, CNN, Fox, Sky off of the air.

Hopefully history isn't going to repeat itself.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

What is sad, is that the reprisal across random network websites within the U.S. is more than likely to happen as many network stations and their websites are as secure as broken window and when that happens everyone is going to cry and demand intervention. I guess people should as ask why attack U.S. news network sites, well simply because the shear volume of news media outlets with sites in comparison to Israel simply dwarfs them, so the U.S. would be the obvious target.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If Anonymous, mainly teenagers, can bring down white-house and Intelligence Agency website...

I'm sure USreal's high-paid cyber hackers can take down an Iranian news site.

IMO

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
If Anonymous, mainly teenagers, can bring down white-house and Intelligence Agency website...

I'm sure USreal's high-paid cyber hackers can take down an Iranian news site.

IMO

Are you comparing government hackers with hackers who have a soul?

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Its PressTV.. Not buying it..

Its just a false flag to blame the west and nothing more.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yeah it's quite amazing how people on here who lambast anything a Western Govt says as propaganda are willing to accept at face value the Govt owned mouthpiece of a bunch of fundamentalist nutjobs!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Its PressTV.. Not buying it..

Its just a false flag to blame the west and nothing more.
I"m sure that bastion of truth and honesty of which you rely, Fox , will tell us all what to think soon enough.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Could be.

It would be easy to do.

Just run a simulation program for "cyber attack" training.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

My four-year relationship ended with Press TV on October 17, mainly because there has been a deliberate attempt to suppress information on the Syrian uprising. It's one thing to take a position on the news you report, but it's another to completely ignore a story of interest to the public. It's well known that Iran politically backs the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad, but I was shocked to learn of the extent to which Press TV could be used to propagate propaganda.

I soon set about writing a novel Changing Borders, hoping to somehow make sense of what was going on. The book, a portrait of Turkey, addresses lightly its relationship with Iran. It also touches on how Iran taps into Western liberals’ anti-intervention sentiment to garner support in the information war. I may once have thought along the same lines, I have to admit. This is an easy trap to fall into. Next time you blindly back an alternative voice such as Press TV because it suits your own political view, take a moment to question the quality of that information.

Press TV, the alternative voice?

If Western Media cannot be trusted,why would anyone trust a State sponsored one?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Anonymous do it because they have the desire and interest, government hackers do it for a paycheck. Plus the report says it was thwarted.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
If Western Media cannot be trusted,why would anyone trust a State sponsored one?

Probably because it is reporting state news, and not news dictated by private interests (like how the rich minority rule the American media).

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Probably because it is reporting state news, and not news dictated by private interests (like how the rich minority rule the American media).

Private interests huh?

Press TV broadcasts news reports and analyses which are close to the official position of the Iranian government, and its programmes are monitored and regulated by the Islamic Republic.Although there have been attempts to establish private, independent media outlets in Iran, notably by former Iranian Presidential candidate Mehdi Karroubi, the 1979 Constitution of the Islamic Republic mandates that "all broadcasting must exclusively be government-operated

LINK

No bias there.........

The question still remains.....................

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

I want to move some place nice,where this kind of meaningless recurrent war cycle does not exist...

you don't have to move, just stop watching television, movies and the internet. whether you want to believe it or not, the internet is corrupted.

these 3 are the main vehicles of propaganda. they can't get into your mind without these three main tools.

you can't even watch a hollywood film without a propaganda message hidden in it. sometimes they don't even hide it.

you can tell when propaganda is being spewed by the way the actors tone changes in the middle of a scene or speech.

there are reasons hollywood actors are paid millions to sell out humanity. and once in their clutches, death is sometimes the only way out because they fear them.

God fears no one. remember that.

edit on 18-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Yeah it's quite amazing how people on here who lambast anything a Western Govt says as propaganda are willing to accept at face value the Govt owned mouthpiece of a bunch of fundamentalist nutjobs!

Dude, that's a real jewel of a post. Thanks, that's beautiful.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Anonymous do it because they have the desire and interest, government hackers do it for a paycheck. Plus the report says it was thwarted.

Right so I guess next you are going to tell us that North Korean press is just as good as PressTV? I give PressTV credit in some ares of reporting, but when it comes to being anti American, Israeli, or whatever their mood happens to be, including bias and misleading information, it is their specialty. Even if the US government was hacking sites, I doubt they would really try to take them offline when there are better things to hack...say their nuclear reactors? Next...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Private interests huh?

Press TV broadcasts news reports and analyses which are close to the official position of the Iranian government, and its programmes are monitored and regulated by the Islamic Republic.Although there have been attempts to establish private, independent media outlets in Iran, notably by former Iranian Presidential candidate Mehdi Karroubi, the 1979 Constitution of the Islamic Republic mandates that "all broadcasting must exclusively be government-operated

LINK

No bias there.........

The question still remains.....................

I fail to see your point.

Obviously that would be the case if the news network is state run of an Islamic theocracy

Private interest is separate from national interest. Private interest tends to be ethnic or class related, and uses obscure tactics while national interests are always direct because, in case you have not noticed, nationhood is the main organizational/differential factor in the entire global system.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Sulcone
Don't stress over this. Mother Nature will make many changes in the Middle East very soon and Israel will find itself in the middle of them and surrounded by some very pissed off neighbours. This is all called devine providence or in the words of the Poet your bloody chickens have come home to roost so get over it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join