It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democracy's Biggest ENEMY - Electronic Voting!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Here is a video titled
Ron Paul vs. HIS BIGGEST ENEMY: Electronic Voting Machines (- 16,000 VOTES!?)

It illustrates how the system of "flawless" electronic ballot counting and reporting machines, designed by Diebold, are in fact flawed and hack prone.

Why would an election count return a negative vote? Because the electronic abacus was rigged

This hack or similar hack has been used. Variations of this hack have been used and continue to be used.

Unless we use Gomoku stones and a live video feed, we will NEVER be able to trust results that are filtered electronically.

One can fake, movies, pictures, personas, emails, websites, foods, ANYTHING...elections counts are NOT an exception.

If you have an hour or so, here is a full length video about this

When you can't control the Politicians or the voters, then you control the counting! Go back to paper votes and we will have a President that was voted in!

P.S. This movie is called "Hacking Democracy" because voting is a democratic process. They makers are aware that the U.S. was founded as a Constitutional Republic.

truthseekertimes.ca

edit on 18-2-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

Electronic voting isn't a bad thing. Closed source, non peer-reviewed code used in a machine that no one has access to apart from the "owner" is. The machines should be ludicrously cheap to produce too and using open code, all voters could be sure the machine itself hasn't been compromised also.

I think the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) called for this approach years ago.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Glargod

Electronic voting isn't a bad thing. Closed source, non peer-reviewed code used in a machine that no one has access to apart from the "owner" is. The machines should be ludicrously cheap to produce too and using open code, all voters could be sure the machine itself hasn't been compromised also.

I think the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) called for this approach years ago.

I agree with you. Electronics per se, does not care about the winner. So in essence, the medium is good. What is not so good, is the control.

Which brings me back to using Gomoku style voting. colored rocks in a barrel and then counted. It might get a week or two to get final results, but I'm sure candidates and voters can wait for the sake of democracy.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

We just need a black box voting system, but a black-box made by "us". Real-time real-life voting open to complete and total audit. The hardware is in place, it is corporate interests preventing it.

We can use stones too but considering the hardware is in place it seems like an unnecessary waste of perfectly good stones.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
"We" need to go totally (nationwide) back to paper ballots, hand counted, imo!

I had recently found about about SCYTL/SOE, a foreign-based company who HANDLES electronic votes in many precincts/states here in the USA! They get the results BEFORE the American (USA) public does. This is totally unacceptable to me. Why is any other country/foreign entity ALLOWED to have their nose in our election process?
To make matters worse, I just discovered this about SCYTL:

"...Of particular concern is the entity Scytl-SOE. This was purchased largely by an Israeli venture capital firm known as Benchmark-Israel, now known as Balderton Capital. Associated with Goldman-Sachs, Balderton Capital is a buy-up firm. Another money source for Scytl-SOE is Nauta Capital, which is also Israeli-operated. The name Benchmark-Israel tells all, although, again, this name was recently changed to Balderton. Yet, that this firm is Israeli is beyond question. For example, in Israel Science and Technology News Benchmark is featured as a funder of yet another Israeli company, a software company called Cotendo..."

Continued:
healthfreedom2012.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The good news is since we haven't had a legitimate election since 2000 no new Federal laws have been signed by a legitimate President.

There is no Patriot act or NDAA because we haven't and still don't have a legally elected President.
Wake up America. If this isn't important then nothing is.

Now you know why our State Department has been pushing so hard for "Democracy" elsewhere in the world.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
All you need is a voter ID. You get your ID, then you can look up online how your vote was counted, if it was counted correctly. Of course that leaves the door open for trolls who voted one way and then claim they voted another way and their vote was counted wrong.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
All you need is a voter ID. You get your ID, then you can look up online how your vote was counted, if it was counted correctly. Of course that leaves the door open for trolls who voted one way and then claim they voted another way and their vote was counted wrong.
the

That sounds like a fair assumption. However, I am still of the opinion that the totals cannot be verified AFTER they go through electronic filters.

the only way to have that happen would be to have your vote ID, as you suggest, appear in a massive public database/spreadsheet accessible by the pubic (read only) where they could acknowledge their vote and even see everyone's vote(by ID, not by name) and count them all if they so desire.

The need to keep voting secret is ludicrous. There is no shame in voting so why make it so secretive. I will venture that it is kept secret to allow for "secret intervention" and collusion to commit fraud.

new topics

top topics

join