It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tragic dream come true... Fate or something more?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Last week on Tuesday morning, a woman (27 years old) on my Facebook we'll call her Jane, posted that she had had a terrible nightmare. she dreamt that she died in a horrible car crash. She gave details about the car ( her Honda Civic) and on what road and what time of day it occurred in her dream. Jane also let it be known that the dream really scared her and she refused to drive her car anymore. So, her boyfriend allowed her to use his truck so she could drive to work. Here is where this take a turn...

On Thursday this past week on her way home from work (time mentioned in Facebook post), Jane ran out of the road, over corrected the truck, went across a 4-lane highway (again mentioned in her post) and hit several trees on the drivers side of the truck. She later died of the injuries she sustained in the crash.

My thought on this are just WOW. It's almost a thing out of the movie Final Destination. Death was after her it seems and it was going to happen no matter what. Although the dream did not play out exactly as she has dremt it, it none the less came true and eerily in the same fashion.

Some people believe that our deaths are already planned out, that we have no control over when or where it's going to happen. It's our Fate so to speak. When this first all played out I was shocked, and it sent chills down my spine. What a coincidence! I then began thinking about dreams, their meanings, and even more so about my own dreams. I have had frightening dreams like Jane's, but I never gave them anymore thought. Then I began to think about how a lot of people say that " You create your own reality, you manifest what your mind thinks about most." So... was the worry, I mean she really was worried about her dream, and voiced it several times to many many people. Did her worry create the accident? She was focusing so much on it that it actually happened? I know that sounds so far fetched but when I compare it to my own positive thinking practices and the outcome of the thoughts I focus on the most, then I can see how something like this could manifest itself.

So... fate, coincidence, focused thought, or something un-explainable?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Seems too creepy to be coincidence--the time of day and highway.

However focused thought could possibly had a part. She was truly scared of the dream and maybe way too nervous to be driving which can cause accidents but, who knows.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I cant say, personaly from my experiances, that you create your own reality. Ive had dreams that have come true that would have no effect based on my actions, meaning, I couldnt possibly have made some of this happen without superpowers. One of which comes to mind that I can honestly say that I have no ability, no possible way of making that one come true, but it did.

A warning, yes.. One you have to be very careful looking through.

Though, I cant say that "believing" in something does not make it happen, because that, I think, is possible... Very possible. Maybe in a "hidden power" sorta way, sure.. But thats hard to decide, as all of my dreams that came true were out of my control, since much of them I only understood completely after they happened. No matter how much detail is in them, I tend to overlook some of them untill it happens then I get that good olde "oh yeah!... forgot about that".

I also have to add.. I dont feel everything is predetermined. I believe that everything can be changed, and change it will, if you make it of the utmost importance. If you walk through life forgetting about it, then sure, I feel that you will more or less walk right into it.
edit on 18-2-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I didn't read anything you've said but the title just gave me a huge deja vu, so I guess whatever you wrote I will probably agree, cause I've also dreamt dreams, which has happened to me in reality. Though, it's more like when the situation happens, I get the deja vu feeling that I have dreamt about this, rather knowing I have dreamt it (haha oh wow, that explanation is probably hard to explain)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Did anyone manage to explain to her what she should do and why? Look, one thing about these type of precognitive dream is that the more you try to prevent the future from happening, the more likely it would happen. In another words, she may live if she just accepted the dream and to continue to drive her own car. However, we would never know. Of course, to accept the dream, which means she had to accept death. Very unlikely this would go down well with most people. Yes, we can know the future. However, we have a choice to accept it or to reject it.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

She wasn't the type of person to have heeded a warning or any such thing. If I would have said anything about it at the time she had the dream, it would have been laughed at by pretty much everyone whom she knows on Facebook. I wish I would have said something now, and I am sure many people do. It's hard to explain, but I don't think she would have seen the paranormal side of her dream.

I have had many dreams like hers, but I never focused on them like she did. They scared me but It never stopped me from doing what I normally do, and really even then I would forget them entirely for the most part.

I am still baffled by the whole thing, I really can't even talk about it words, just plain weird is what it is.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well thats scary!!!

I had a dream that someone close to me died in their sleep and guess what it happened and they died the excat same way and no I am not lying about this!!!

edit on 2-3-2012 by Dare3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dare3
Well thats scary!!!

I had a dream that someone close to me died in their sleep and guess what it happened and they died the excat same way and no I am not lying about this!!!

edit on 2-3-2012 by Dare3 because: (no reason given)

What it the very next day or several days later?

top topics

join