It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This isn't a dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I am not reading the future.
I am predicting it.

What all my thoughts lead to is.. FoodShortage USA

and this all happens in the next 6 months.

Continued Severe Drought with massive crop lost in the South Western States(into mexico also)

Severe Flooding with massive crops lost in the Midwestern and Northern States

Massive crops lost in the United States

Q: How can you prepare 300 million people for a food shortage, something they've never experienced before?
A: You don't.

Q:What happens when the farmers don't have food to sell?
A:Well now, since your money can no longer buy you food,

The Money's now worthless Honey's.

Will it be bad?
Probably.

How do I know all this?

It isn't a dream.
a calculated prediction.
edit on 2/18/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I made a box of Rice-a-roni last night and when I went to cook it there was no Vermacilli-and it was half pasta (shaped like seeds)! WTH!

Rice vermicelli are thin noodles made from rice and are a form of rice noodles.[1] They are sometimes referred to as rice noodles or rice sticks, but they should not be confused with cellophane noodles, which is another type of vermicelli.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't normally make rice, due to worry of radiation, but this is a box that was in the cupboard since at least late last summer.
Anyway, maybe a shortage of rice already at that time?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I dont do rice. Not because of the radiation, but the absorption of the Pesticide.

I'd rather live in Fukushima District for 20 days, than eat pesticide saturated food for my whole life. Serious.

And yes the shortages of food are nothing new, they are coming to a cataclysm this year.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This may very well happen, it is then time to go back to living off the land, they way people did years ago. If this does come to pass, it is sink or swim time, survival of the fittest. Thankfully we have been provided naturally everything we need to sustain life, the problem is that technology has caused us to become to dependent on the system. Natural events may cause the damage, but we initiated this problem a long, long time ago.

plpl

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

Continued Severe Drought with massive crop lost in the South Western States(into mexico also)

gas prices, food prices, water prices,

i predict riots and mass deaths, nationwide USA by midsummer 2012

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
A food shortage may cause prices to go up here but probably won't affect people here as much as elsewhere in the world. Who do you think grows tons of food and exports it all over the place because we have a lot more than we eat? If you said the US I believe you are correct. Many farmers also use irrigation systems and have become very efficient at growing a lot of food.

Looking at it from a worst case scenario where all crops were destroyed, we probably would be facing food shortages here in the US quickly. I think I will start stocking up on extra pasta, etc. etc. just in case certain things become harder to find. I don't want to waste money though so I will need to figure out how much I eat in a given time frame so that I don't store too much and have it go bad. I could start growing my own garden and can some of the extra food. If I turned my whole back yard other than trees and bushes into a garden, I would have to figure out what to do with all the excess food especially if there is no way I'm going to eat all of it. I thought about planting some fruit trees as well but I would need to live here for a while to make it worthwhile.

top topics

join