It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know what's on this train?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Got this from home town newspaper press & sun-bulletin, Binghamton, NY
[/URL]
I have no idea what it is, maybe someone here does.
www.pressconnects.com...|newswell|text|Local%20News|s

maybe wrong forum but, there isn't one for mystery images, mod please move if there is a forum with a better fit.

edit on 18-2-2012 by donlashway because: wrong forum? binghamton, ny

custom rail cars, looks like it was made to stay mobile. flat cars make clearance for radio, EMF?
edit on 18-2-2012 by donlashway because: mobile

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
no idea what that is .. but the paper is from binghamton ny correct?

used to live there... (607)

hydro elec turbines ?
edit on 18-2-2012 by spaceg0at because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If you have followed the nuclear disaster happening in Japan, at Fukushima. You would have seen photos of the caps of the reactors blown out of the units. Those things on the flatbed of the train do look amazingly like those caps....hmmmmmm

Des

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Interesting article, seems that everyone that was quoted in the article, from the average joe, to the City Manager, to the Mayor, leave a lot of room for speculation on the actual contents of what the train carried.

I took the liberty of adding a little bigger pic to the thread.

My first impression when I saw the pic was they appear to be some form of turbine of sorts. Not too sure though, looks more weaponish than it does radioactive wasteish imo.

Then again, who knows, it's the DoD, for all we know it could be a Mobile HAARP Unit.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

thanks for better pic, still learning how to post them.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It isn't nuclear waste, they def transport it in different things than those

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Found some more info about the locomotive "5919". It's a Canadian Pacific Railway locomotive. Here is a page showing some of its "ventures" also captured on film. Nothing at first glance about its other cargo seems ominous.

The Canadian aspect was interesting, for me anyway. Do we happen to know which direction it was heading? More, was it heading towards Canada or further into the US?

Locomotive #5919
edit on 2/18/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

article says north

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
They are HVAC Units.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Looks like the giant air circulators that Delta Star in Lynchburg, VA makes. Their website is down so I couldn't find any pictures, but they look like that.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleVoice731

From the article...

with Department of Defense numbers marked on the cars

Must be upgrading the ventilation in one of the underground bunkers in the NE US.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
They could be transporting reactor fuel. There was a car very similar to those sitting in a rail yard here a couple of years ago. I asked one of the guys in the yard what it was for as it was in an isolated part of a very large switching yard. He said that it was for transporting reactor fuel and waste.

I was curious since I had never seen a railcar like that before. I wanted to take pictures as I am a model railroader and wanted to model it . I was told that that part of the yard was offlimits. They said if I was caught there I would be arrested.

If their being pulled by a Canadian Locomotive then they are probably going to Canada. They would probably go through the Buffalo rail yard before heading north to Canada past where I work. The rails that run past my workplace carry allot of Canadian traffic toward Niagara Falls and then to Canada.
edit on 2/18/2012 by lonegurkha because: Edit to add

edit on 2/18/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I would venture a guess it could be something radioactive or toxic as there appear to be 'standoff' flat bed cars between the locomotive and caboose???

Large electrical generators on the way to a FEMA facility in preparation for _____________??

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleVoice731

Delta Star makes transformers and phase converters, didn't find any mention of air handlers? Elaborate train setup for something so benign, but DOD never was conservative in spending our dollars.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Specially constructed 'air purifiers' for a safe facility???

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines
They are HVAC Units.

Darn it! I was hoping our neighbors had invented Tesla Tanks...from Command and Conquer.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
www.rrpicturearchives.net...
Technically, they are a "flat" car with a central bore that permits lowering the cargo to pass under obstructions.

Rumor has them definitely related to "nuclear" products.

Some have reported they are "nuclear reactor cores" being transported to a naval port for sevicing nuclear vessels such as carriers or submarines.

Google "DODX" and "38870".

Allegedly, the "caboose" houses security guards / soldiers. The flat cars fore and aft are to provide defensible space around the "nuclear" cars.

edit on 18-2-2012 by antirepressant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

They are HVAC Units.

Star for you.....

I am a union tinner and these definitely look like roof mounted exhaust or fresh air fan units......pretty massive air handling units.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

They are HVAC Units.

Star for you.....

I am a union tinner and these definitely look like roof mounted exhaust or fresh air fan units......pretty massive air handling units.

Umm... nope.

I've been setting here for nearly 4 hours on the information I just posted, waiting for someone else to post, yet no one else has found it... on GOOGLE, none the less

edit on 18-2-2012 by antirepressant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antirepressant

thank you, didn't have any luck on my own.
Great to know there's a resource, AT'S, that can ID most stuff. It's fun sometimes, like on antiques road show what's this.
Thanks again, antirepressant.

<<   2 >>

join