It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Save Our Souls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
How is my soul going to be saved? I can think some kind of spiritual battle is going on, but without any contradiction of studies I would say that it is a psychological battle going on. Maybe with good and evil, but maybe our mind is 'evil' in the sense that the mind wants to please itself, not the soul. Yet as my thoughts send impulses to the central nervous system of my body I am led to believe that my soul is taking control of my mind..

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

One word: Jesus.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
How is my soul going to be saved? I can think some kind of spiritual battle is going on, but without any contradiction of studies I would say that it is a psychological battle going on. Maybe with good and evil, but maybe our mind is 'evil' in the sense that the mind wants to please itself, not the soul. Yet as my thoughts send impulses to the central nervous system of my body I am led to believe that my soul is taking control of my mind..

You think too much.

People used to ask me "Are you saved?", and I used to respond "From what?"

Seriously, how are WE going to answer the question of how YOUR soul is going to be saved? My only suggestion to you is to try to do the right things by your self and others every day. The "do unto others" thing. I believe in karma and I try not to think of the hereafter too much because there is no way I'm ever going to get the answer to those kinds of questions until I die anyway.

Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
reply to post by greyer

So one word is goig to save me in this present day, this present time. I have called on that word, and maybe some developmental saving program is taking place but my soul was not the least bit saved for that time.

To clarify, I am not suggesting anything about afterlife in this thread.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

You think too much.

People used to ask me "Are you saved?", and I used to respond "From what?"

I feel too much, but yeah think too much also lol.

Saved from feeling like hell lol.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
@OP

Yeah,I wonder about this too,actually I probably wouldn't bother with religion so much if not of this question.
edit on 18-2-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Define a few words, then lead the mind to the root of the truth.

Duplicity - This is the state of being where we desire one thing, but claim another. When we seek God to avoid punishment, what we really seeking? When we seek God for reward, what are we really after? We come to realize that doing good and seeking God is its own reward.

Impenetrability - Two objects cannot occupy the same space. Emotion and intellect will always fight for strength. The strong one moves the weak.

Equanimity - When we control our emotions with intellect, then we are in a state of mental and emotional steadiness arising from deep awareness.

Mindfulness - This is a state of calm awareness and mastery of emotion. Notice that we cannot have equanimity apart from being mindful at all times.

Which category do we fit the above words?

Pride - Can we find the above state by raising the self above others? Is duplicity present if we do this? Are emotions and desires winning or is there another way?

Humility - Altruism demands that we give for reward. A simple example is sufficient to see the truth. If we smoke, we take a reward that was not earned. A debt is created and we suffer cancer. This indicates that truth has a direction. Take reward and suffer. If we flip this and suffer first, then reward follows. Suffer a healthy diet with exercise and live longer. Suffering leads to reward. Work a job and get a check. Truth is found in suffering, either direction we take it. Break the law and it brakes you.

Grace - God gives us grace. This is unmerited favor. In other words, it's a gift that is given and not taken. Jesus suffered on the cross and died a negative death. Why? Your sin is negative. What happens when two negatives are multiplied? POSITIVE. Debt is walked back to zero. God's law that He follows is love.

Love can only give. If we do the same, we take the name of God as our own. If we take the name in vain, then we take the name apart from the actions that show the law of love to others.

The only battle is with your intentions. Know Jesus and you are saved, but only if he knows you as true from the heart. John 2 reveals this.

John 2 22 After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken. 23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name. 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

"Jesus would not entrust himself to them..." Why? He knows their hearts. They knew him as well, but salvation comes when he returns.

Hebrews 9

27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

edit on 18-2-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
Duplicity - This is the state of being where we desire one thing, but claim another. When we seek God to avoid punishment, what we really seeking? When we seek God for reward, what are we really after? We come to realize that doing good and seeking God is its own reward.

Impenetrability - Two objects cannot occupy the same space. Emotion and intellect will always fight for strength. The strong one moves the weak.

Equanimity - When we control our emotions with intellect, then we are in a state of mental and emotional steadiness arising from deep awareness.

Mindfulness - This is a state of calm awareness and mastery of emotion. Notice that we cannot have equanimity apart from being mindful at all times.

This is what I need. Understanding love gave me an overpowering want, the emotion was stronger than my mindfulness. My intellect was just enforcing the emotions. They say to take up the cross and die daily, does that mean that you can feel dead in your soul by you giving yourself freely? The fact that you are giving yourself to love is like dying in your soul because you do not have it. Let's keep in mind that this is not permanent, at least in this thread I am not talking about our souls being banned forever or being in heaven forever, I am just talking about real life and what we experience here.

Love can only give. If we do the same, we take the name of God as our own. If we take the name in vain, then we take the name apart from the actions that show the law of love to others.

In my book love can take. Any time you cry love is taking away your happiness.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I

Whta do you mean by "We come to realize that doing good and seeking God is its own reward. "??

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This is what I need. Understanding love gave me an overpowering want, the emotion was stronger than my mindfulness. My intellect was just enforcing the emotions. They say to take up the cross and die daily, does that mean that you can feel dead in your soul by you giving yourself freely? The fact that you are giving yourself to love is like dying in your soul because you do not have it. Let's keep in mind that this is not permanent, at least in this thread I am not talking about our souls being banned forever or being in heaven forever, I am just talking about real life and what we experience here.

In my book love can take. Any time you cry love is taking away your happiness.

This depends on your point of view. If you feel like the material world is what you gain, then you will be disappointed when you serve from love. There is no gain here in this world until you give the world up. When you do, it is then returned in the correct manner. If you are continually finding heartache, then you have not given it up yet. Abram is a good example.

When Abram was informed of the great work God would do in his life, he added a Hebrew 'Hey' to his name. Hey means, "Behold a great work." We know this from the study of the ancient photo-cannanite language of Phonetician. AbraHam now has a task, but not until he gives up what he loves the most. In this case, God asks him to give up the seed of the future nation. He willingly trusts God. When the knife is at the heart of Issac, God steps in to stop Abraham. His willingness to give up what he treasured the most represented the very thing God was willing to give him back in the context of truth.

You see from this that nothing is lost if you give it up totally to God. He restores it to the rightful place of glory and you enjoy it as a gift and not a possession you are taking.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

reply to post by greyer

So one word is goig to save me in this present day, this present time. I have called on that word, and maybe some developmental saving program is taking place but my soul was not the least bit saved for that time.

To clarify, I am not suggesting anything about afterlife in this thread.

Well, then, you must get ahold of yourself, make a stand, and do what is right. However, remember that the afterlife can not wait forever...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

Whta do you mean by "We come to realize that doing good and seeking God is its own reward. "??

In Genesis, the fruit of knowledge was meant to be a gift. When we took it, apart from God giving it to us, we became thieves. We broke the law of God. What is the law of God? As we come to find out, the law is love. Love can only give. If it takes, then we sin. The only way to sin is to take. Taking is always pride. Pride elevates our choice over the authority of God and his law of love. If we break the law, it brakes us back. This is the flaming sword that protects the tree of life. The consuming fire of God is what burns us when we break the law.

Duplicity is a selfish ambition of desire. If we seek good (God/Love) because we desire reward, then what is our intent? If we seek good (God/Love) to avoid judgment, then we are seeking our own self-preservation. The ultimate realization is that we must follow the law of God in order to seek the true reward. Good is its own reward. In other words, there is no higher reason to do good than the simple reason that it's the right thing to do. Once we see this clearly, we now understand why God is perfect. He gives and he takes. How does He take? By the law of returns. His law is not designed around breaking a person, but showing the way toward the correct way to rise above the law. By doing this, the ultimate outcome is giving by experience.

Is one life too short get it? Jesus said, "you must be born again." The veil is what keeps you from seeing around now (the moment you are living).

Ayn Rand had a philosophy of Objectivism. This philosophy pervades our society. It is taking for self above others. The Bible calls this pride. Altruism is the opposite. It can only give for the benefit of others.

If you smoke you get cancer. Taking a reward ends in a debt. If you work at a job, the suffering you do to earn the reward extends to others, not just you. Taking causes a debt (15 trillion dollars). Giving causes surplus. Only positive can make more positive. It can take away negative as well, but only in part.

This is true because simple addition shows the way. Unfortunately, our sin is a negative too great to fix with our own works of positive. It's a debt that must be paid by multiplication. Two negatives make a positive. Why? If our debt of negative is to be paid by someone else, they must suffer to earn positive and then give it away as their negative. Christ suffered on a cross to create positive. Our sin is a negative and is multiplied by the negative Christ gives us from his work on the cross. Two negatives multiplied equal zero for us if we accept the gift of Grace. Grace is unmerited favor we do not earn.

Good is a reward for anyone who suffers for it. Did He do this for Himself in duplicity? No, He died for us. Good is its own reward.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

The simple answer is, you have to save yourself. I know Christians will tell you that you have to worship Jesus to save your soul, but as he is
dead and rotting in his grave in Isreal, I guess he isn't going to save anyone. So, save yourself! Learn to form a Merkaba, that way you can take your memories with you. The Afterlife is not what Christians tell you is is, in fact, I would say the Christian Heaven is a lot like THIS.
The real Afterlife is the 4th Dimension of time and space, and there whatever you think of it real. So, want to save yourself? Start training your mind.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
autowrench sez:
"...dead and rotting in his grave in Isreal..."

Laz replies:
Many believe otherwise, and I doubt the link is worth the clicking.

autowrench sez:
"...Merkaba... that way you can take your memories with you..."

Laz replies:
Whatever a Merkaba is, there is no way he can know what you can take with you, or if you can take anything with you.

In the end, we all get what we want. If we prefer to disbelieve, we will surely find reasons to.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Duplicate
edit on 18-2-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I can never understand why so many concern themselves with saving something they cannot even perceive is actually there while simultaneously letting be destroyed what they can see, hear, feel, touch, and taste.

If there IS a soul and it is the good part of man, then the way to save it would be by learning to preserve what we can perceive.

When man learns the value of life, then will his soul be saved.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 18-2-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Laz replies:
Many believe otherwise, and I doubt the link is worth the clicking.

Just like your book isn't worth opening? That goes two ways, friend. Are you another one who is brainwashed by religious dogma? James Cameron is no hoaxer, friend, he is the one who found Titanic, after all. The Internet was viral with the story when it broke in the 80s, I supposed the Church has no doubt spent a few of their billions attempting to cover it up. Here are a few more links on the find:
"The Lost Tomb of Jesus"
Bones of Jesus found, Canadian documentary claims
Jesus tomb found, says film-maker

So, when it all comes down, and the ETs come to take humanity off Earth for the Event, are you going to be one screaming for Jesus to come save you? If so, you will have plenty if company. The rest of us will be at a giant party.
edit on 2/18/12 by autowrench because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

reply to post by greyer

But if you're a Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, Taoist, Jedi, Scientologist, Satanist, Atheist or all manner of all religions, you're pretty much screwed.

I'd love just once for a Christian on here to answer without using their fail safe "look how much smarter I am than you, I'm superior because I say Jesus is the only way to be saved from whatever you believe you need to be saved from" BS.

What you should've said was:

"Two words: Don't worry"

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
I can never understand why so many concern themselves with saving something they cannot even perceive is actually there while simultaneously letting be destroyed what they can see, hear, feel, touch, and taste.

I can perceive my soul is actually there, dammit. I wish you would have never replied to me. My soul is dying because of you.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

I can perceive my soul is actually there, dammit. I wish you would have never replied to me. My soul is dying because of you.

I can see you are a sincere seeker. When the student is ready the teacher will appear, and the best teacher I've ever had is a mighty tome titledThinking and Destiny

This brilliant book of over 1000 pages will explain what you are; why you are here; what the soul is; the purpose and plan of the universe; Gods and their religions, and much more.

The book is available to read free online, but do yourself a huge favour and purchase the book for extended study.

All true seekers of knowledge come across closed doors and obstacles. Its all part of the pathway to truth. The knowledge contained in this book will open many doors and remove many obstacles.

Good luck fellow traveller.
edit on 19-2-2012 by triune because: link

top topics

<<   2 >>

join