It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens - The Mayan Conspiracy S04E01 (17/1-2012)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I'll take the liberty to quote you'r post and videolink here since you'r post got locked and episode 2 is very much in relation to episode 1.

Original posted by PhoenixOD
This episode covers 2012 and the doomsday prophecies predicted by the Mayan and other cultures like the Egyptians and the American Hopi Indian tribe.

Dec 2012 is the end of the 5th age of the Mayans and a discovery of a secret brick detailing the return of the 9 Gods has been discovered at one of their temples.

One of the main questions they ask is why the Mayan backdated the longdate calendar Aug 13th 3114 bc. This is quite odd because there is no record of the Mayans even being around on that date. The program puts forward the theory that they might have received knowledge or instruction from their ancient alien visitor gods on starting from that date. It does seem the world went through a huge climatic change within weeks of this date.

How could they have known or was this just a coincidence or did they really receive knowledge or instruction from their ancient alien visitor gods?

Will the alien Gods return in Dec 2012 as predicted?

Whats you thoughts on the subject ATS?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

I'm glad you posted this because I wanted to comment in the other thread, but it was closed. The reference to Bolon Yokte' K'uh is not on a secret brick. It is on a monument in Tortuguero. The "secret" brick is in Comalcalco. It does not make any reference to Bolon Yokte' K'uh or 13.0.0.0.0. What it presents is a Calendar Round date (which repeats every 52 years) and the claim was that it is the same CR date as 13.0.0.0.0, but even this isn't true. M

any researchers believe that Bolon Yokte' K'uh was a single god, not nine. Also, the monument does not predict his return. This claim is based on an old translation done by Stuart and Houston. This translation has since been superseded by one done by Gronemeyer and MacLeod. Even Stuart and Houston accept this as a more accurate translation. What their translation describes is a ceremony where either a priest dresses up as Bolon Yokte' K'uh or an effigy of him is present. Stuart and Houston don't even believe this monument makes any reference to 13.0.0.0.0.

As for why the Long Count starts on August 11, 3114 BC, one of the reasons is because it most likely has its origins with the Olmec. While this doesn't full explain the reason for that date it is one possible explanation. The other possibility is that is simply when their beliefs say the universe began. We backdate our calendar billions of years and it has nothing to do with aliens. It has to do with the fact that that is when the universe began. In fact if you look at Coba Stela 1 the Long Count is backdated trillions of years.

If these are the kinds of claims they are making it just shows the lack of research actually put in to the show.
edit on 2/19/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Interesting, but why should we believe you? You're basically disregarding what was said in the show, but not backing it up with your own references.

Never mind... Is your signature supposed to be those references?
edit on 2/19/2012 by japhrimu because: Didn't see signature

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by japhrimu

The links in my signature explain most of this more in depth with cited sources. I also have another thread on here dealing with the claims made about the Comalcalco bricks which can be found here.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Thanks! Your links were very informative. It always made me sick when people claimed the Maya predicted the end of the world in 2012 when they did no such thing. I even would hear it on TV, Brad Meltzer did an episode where he claimed the very same thing. I never paid much attention to the history of it all but I believe your research over all these other people trying to make a buck.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I liked it too, much better than all of last season's episodes.

I wrote this in the BTS thread but I'll paste it here: I was thinking of something during all the talk of blood sacrifices. Some speculation: What if the blood sacrifice ritual came into being after the Mayans witnessed the aliens drawing blood from some of their people for laboratory purposes of some sort? Maybe this was the last thing they saw the aliens do before they left and that's why they kept thinking they needed to sacrifice purer blood so that they might return?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
To me, this show is general public disclosure.... this bad reception
shows that most of us ( +50%) dont care about evidence and fears
"out there" opinions that crush their belief concepts of human "liberties".

Good episode(s), the audio is great (no subs needed with that clarity).

I hope the next ep (Greys) they find a less inflamatory way of dealing
with the subject. After 4 seasons, surprise is over and they need to
refine their argument with counter premisses too, because the
conclusion here SHOULD be subjetive (by the viewer).

Too bad, ZS work is not referenced much.

-RP

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
For some reason, the only threads about S4 EPISODE 2 ***DOOMSDAY PROPHECHIES*** have been closed/locked

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
But why would an astronaut fly around half naked?

Their spaceships had invisible walls and really good heat, and inflight tanning beds.

Possibly the machine idea could be interpretted as a time machine? Or a Mayan Mr. Waffle maker? I mean they did do quite a bit of corn farming.

I still think it was either a family totem or shamanic ritual icon with lots of weird abstract symbology. Or a bloodletting ritual. I recently saw at the Chicago Museum of Art the famous Mayan gold dagger man. It's impressive, you can tell he was respected but still used often. The whole Mayan collection is worth checking out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join