It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnosticism and Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I am quite surprised no one brought this up ,if Gnosticism is against the OT God,does it mean it is against the Islam God as well???Since He claimed to be the God of Abraham ,Adam and so on and so forth.

btw, www.al-imam.net... for people who think Islam is totally irrelevant.
edit on 18-2-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

Yes, Gnosticism is also against Islam/Allah.

Gnostics believe in 2 Gods, the creator of this world and the true God. Muslims believe there is only one God creator of everything. Gnosticism is about the interior God, while Chris and Islam are about the exterior God.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

Gnostics believe in 2 Gods, the creator of this world and the true God. Muslims believe there is only one God creator of everything. Gnosticism is about the interior God, while Chris and Islam are about the exterior God.

Thank goodness someone reply,ok so who does gnostics pray to anyway??Do they have any proof that their claim is real,I mean otherwise how would I know if it is true(or made up by the Devil)???In abrahamic religions,their God knows everything,I suppose Gnostics don't think so???If not whatever they are thinking would be obvious to the abrahamic God.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

Thank goodness someone reply,ok so who does gnostics pray to anyway??Do they have any proof that their claim is real,I mean otherwise how would I know if it is true(or made up by the Devil)???In abrahamic religions,their God knows everything,I suppose Gnostics don't think so???If not whatever they are thinking would be obvious to the abrahamic God.

gnostics dont pray, i think there is no proof for their claim, the true God gnostics believe in is mysterious

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

...ok so who does gnostics pray to anyway??Do they have any proof that their claim is real, I mean otherwise how would I know if it is true(or made up by the Devil)

I am a long-time curious seeker who has looked into Gnosticism superficially, but am now looking into it in more depth. The information I'm coming across is fascinating.

The member who posted that 'gnostics don't pray' is incorrect. The Gnostic Chatecism

PRAYERS AND CREEDS

The Sign of the Cross

In the name of the Father, + and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

The Gnostic's Prayer

Almighty God, whose footstool is the highest firmament: Great Ruler of Heaven and all the powers therein: Hear the prayers of Thy servants who put their trust in Thee. We pray Thee, supply our needs from day to day: Command Thy heavenly host to comfort and succor us: That it may be to Thy glory and unto the good of man. Forgive us our transgressions as we forgive our brothers and sisters: Be present with us: strengthen and sustain us: For we are but instruments in Thy hands. Let us not fall into temptation: Defend us from all danger and evil: Let Thy mighty power ever guard and protect us, Thou great Fount of knowledge and wisdom: Instruct Thy servants by Thy holy presence: Guide and support us, now and forever. Amen.

The Hail Sophia

Hail Sophia, filled with light, the Christ is with Thee, blessed art Thou among the Aeons, and blessed is the Liberator of Thy light, Jesus. Holy Sophia, Mother of all gods, pray to the light for us Thy children, now and in the hour of our death. Amen.

I'll leave it at that rather than posting a wall of text here. I don't know much about Islam, so I can't really answer your original question.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Perhaps you didn't notice, but if you look carefully... Jesus was also agaist the OT God as well... He preached harmlessness... OT God was not even close to that... In fact you'll find that the God of the OT routinely broke his own commandments, and told his "children" to break them as well...

Gnostic scripture should be analyzed for its content... not for its "label"... That is of course if anyone dares to step outside the bible... it seems christians are terrified to do so.

There is MUCH wisdom within... though some of it is quite hard to understand.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

i thught dey dint pray... nvm

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Perhaps you didn't notice, but if you look carefully... Jesus was also agaist the OT God as well... He preached harmlessness... OT God was not even close to that... In fact you'll find that the God of the OT routinely broke his own commandments, and told his "children" to break them as well...

Gnostic scripture should be analyzed for its content... not for its "label"... That is of course if anyone dares to step outside the bible... it seems christians are terrified to do so.

There is MUCH wisdom within... though some of it is quite hard to understand.

Food for thought:What if the OT is mistranslated in such way that we would suspect the OT God??

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If Islam is a monotheistic religion, explain the star (Venus/Ishtar) and crescent moon (Sin, son of Ashur).

imanhorn.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
If Islam is a monotheistic religion, explain the star (Venus/Ishtar) and crescent moon (Sin, son of Ashur).

imanhorn.wordpress.com...

I don;t know but iirc during the times of Muhammad he used black ,green flags. Addition of crescent moons into the flags might be a form of innovation of earlier islamic nations.

islam.about.com...
edit on 17-3-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
There are so many sects of Gnosticism. I can't say whose version is correct, but you can find evidence of the mystical side of all the ancient religions as well as Christian Mysticism...For the mystical side of Islam, there is Sufism. There really isn't his "hatred" towards the exterior God (Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah, etc), but there is this understanding that "He" was not self begotten, but thinks he is, so he is in a state of confusion, the demiurge. Not all Gnostics "pray" to the same versions of God, but many sects, still do pray, meditate, and/or experience Jehovah as well as many other deities. There really isn't so much of that dogmatic external worship though, most of these deities we encounter are fragments of energy that are "like" or archetypes for these godmade pure, but fragmented, as well as trapped energies. When we do do say prayers or recite mantras (Sanskrit, many origins), chakra work (chakras = 7 churches) or meditate, we are praying to those particles within ourselves which have deities and cosmic sources in the greater universe and multiverse (multidimensional). They are their extensions. All of these greater things within and without us are part of a whole, the "totality." The source of all things is the one true God who is unknown as is our inner part that belongs to him, parts that Belong to Sophia and the latent "child" within us that they are supposed to birth "Christ" also dubbed as "Cosmic Christ" Christos on the path to "enlightenment" That trinity is the true reflection of the whole. The Masculine, The Feminine, and the Child.
As I said there are MANY sects, but I have been practicing and also researching and this has been my experience. Along with the above We do a LOT of work to wake up in the Astral plane with Astral Projection and Lucid Dreaming, OBE, and past live remembrance work. We do lots of reality check and moment to death of our desires or "egos" which are rooted fro the seven deadly sins. We also practice deep meditations of the "death of the self", "annihilation of the 'I''", where we reflect on our days and subconscious and give up our egos to the Holy Mother to disintegrate. The divine energy within us, the majority are fragmented and entrapped in these egos. The egos are also "demons" in our dreams and in the astral plane. They are our internal demons, our devils, the only devil that has any true power over us. Our actions are only symptoms of subconscious thoughts and mechanical ones as well. In order to prevent actions we know are against us and or others and God, we need t stop them before they manifest themselves here, from their sources. It's a heavy mediation that can take up to 2 hours sometimes
That is one of the "keys" I practice. The other is Sacrifice for Humanity, which is basically a chosen path here to give unto mankind. Be it being part of a volunteer group for a good cause or helping them with this practice or just being in constant prayer when encountering other lifeforms, trying to communicate with their God, and not always vocally. The third and most controversial key is call "Alchemy" or "Sexual Alchemy", which in short is Tantric Sex, or sex without orgasm. I haven't practiced this yet, because I am currently celibate (3 years and whose counting?) but the goal is to abstain from orgasm. To transform the lust into higher spaces and things, not to expel that energy. It's probably the hardest thing to do , but it is THE way to overcome the mind. Some like to call it stealing fire from Lucifer (darkness) and bringing it back to the light. Alchemy = turn lead to gold. So with this you and your partner create solar bodies in which you can ascend to higher dimensions. That is the inner child.
As I said there are so many versions, I had a problem for 40 years with Sleep Paralysis and "demons" attacking me and terrorizing me, about 2-3 times a week. Had all kinds of things done by doctors but nothing worked. I went, for some other reason to investigate the lost scriptures, Gnosticism. I was not given any explanation of those writing, but a set of practical exercises....Then those experiences became opportunities and no longer terror. Without me discussing that with them, and without the intent of addressing my hopeless "brain damage." It was immediately after I was sure nothing could harm me, and it came from those exercise..Now I experience my hidden characters that I need to work with, for inner knowledge and transformation..Carl Jung also did this(maybe not the Alchemy) , I found out so many great spiritual people have done work like this ...afterwards...Where I started was with a school organized by Belsbuub, then I went on to Samael Aun Weor's books and websites and forums. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY TYPE OF GNOSTIC, but it's one also dubbed as "Gnostic Christianity." You get to see the mystical side of the canonical scriptures an understand them more because those events were picked to symbolize inner work we are instructed to do. I feel confident that the Church is in the Heart, The Sacred Church is.
I hope this helps a little. I have much to discuss, but I said a lot already.
Peace and may all beings be happy

new topics

top topics

join