It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ads on New Topic Firehose????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Just noticed this tonight. NEVER before. What is up with the ads, and changes, on the New Topic Firehose pages????

Also, the constant refreshing of the pages is really frustrating!!! They have always refreshed for me before, but never every 2-3 minutes - not even enough time to go thru everything 1 time!!

GEESH..................

edit on 2/18/2012 by Champagne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

It wont even refresh for me.
It's been doing it since yesterday. I thought it would have been sorted by now though....

Ats what's up? I need my new topic fix!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
That is actually the whole point of the Fire Hose page, that it was a live, constantly updating page of new topics.

If you'd like a static page, you can always use the Recent Posts Page which also shows new threads as they are posted, but refreshes only when you want it to.

The Fire Hose page had been defunct until very recently, SO made some changes to have it working the way it's suppose to.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
That is actually the whole point of the Fire Hose page, that it was a live, constantly updating page of new topics.

If you'd like a static page, you can always use the Recent Posts Page which also shows new threads as they are posted, but refreshes only when you want it to.

The Fire Hose page had been defunct until very recently, SO made some changes to have it working the way it's suppose to.

~Tenth

It wont refresh for me though?

Any idea when it will be sorted?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

You looking at the right one?

There are two now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the live updating page.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's the fire hose that now just shows the 90 most recent threads.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The actual "firehose" page with the latest 90 threads, is refreshing itself, every few minutes.

Very frustrating.
It'll refresh as you're reading it, and then sometimes the page goes dark grey, with dark blue and purple links, making it much harder to see, taking longer to read it, and then, just when you're ready to click on a link to read, the damned page refreshes again.

Can't it be set to just add a new thread, instead of the whole page refreshing, and taking so long to come back between refreshes?

Not liking this.
Recent posts doesn't give us the threads that came up when we were either sleeping, or at work.

Someone please fix.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

It is "fixed", that was the original intend of that page, was a constant refreshing page for new topics.

You can always subscribe to a forum and then us myATS in order to keep track of new threads.
edit on 2/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I guess we'll just have to keep chasing the links then

Most of the time, they can be caught.
Last night I just kept on recent posts, because I had caught up on the days news.

While it's refreshing, will be a good time to go get some coffee, just like a commercial break

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I forgot to mention it was the live headlines that I was having trouble with.
The problem seems to be fixed now.

edit on 18-2-2012 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The new topic firehose was always working before and refreshed 'quietly'. Now if refreshes in far too short a period, takes you back to the top and the columns read across now - not intuitive at all. Columns were much better with 0-4, 4-8, 8-12.

Don't like this new format one little bit. Retrograde upgrade in my book.

ETA and what happened to the number of flags/replies?

edit on 18/2/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

join