It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4d or 3d

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i have alwasy belived we live in a 4 demisnal(sp) world. ie. longitude, latitude, depth and time.

am i wrong or am i right?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Short answer- right
Long answer-wrong

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
Short answer- right
Long answer-wrong

brilliantly put.

3d for the layman, 4d for the smartman, 1-11 for the einstein wannabe.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
4D = forward, backward, up, down, and some other thing which i dont know but i dont think time counts....time is used to measure how fast things age

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
4D = forward, backward, up, down, and some other thing which i dont know but i dont think time counts....time is used to measure how fast things age

Not quite true. Time can be in four dimensions, however the 4th Dimension may also consist of a spacial dimension. I'm not going to go into depth on this because there are plenty of sources out there (even on the internet) for you all to read up on, and I have stated facts on this subject more than once on this board so I feel no further need to go into detail.

PS (to the original poster)- no offense intended, but just do the research yourself so that we don't have to. I would love to get into a serious discussion about this topic, but the only topics ever created on this start out with "Am I correct..." or "Tell me why...".

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Hear Hear!

A good discussion would be nice, rather than have someone say on the second post "Time doesn't exist you fools, YOU"RE ALL TOOLS OF THE GODDAMN SYSTEM" - then we talk them down over 3 pages to have some other idiot who's too lazy to read the topic do it again.

Ah well, someday.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well we can be considered functionally to live in a fourth dimensional Universe, but since Time as far as I can see is not interchangeable as the other 3 dimensions are with one another. That is why i think, rightly or wrongly that Time is categorically different than the other three dimensions. When i start talking about a 4th dimension I usually refer to a 4th interchangeable physical dimension separate from time.

It could be that Time can support a large number of dimensions or a large number of Universes.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
i always saw it as we live in 3d cause i figure if we live in 4d, wouldnt we have the ability to move through time backwards? thats my guess because i always saw it as

1d - you got left and right
2d - up and down
3d - forwards and backwards
4d - forward and backward in time

i am probably wrong

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
No-one is wrong,
The 3 dimensions X,Y,Z Height,Width,Depth.

4 dimension is Space-Time, now with X,Y,Z you can change these, they all can be different, the only reason why the 4th dimension Space-Time cannot be changed is that we just dont have the knowledge or/and maybe just the technology to do it with.

I think it has been put foward many times that travelling at a certain speed (faster than light) you can time travel.

But Einsteins equation E=MC2 (E=Energy M=Mass C=Speed of light) shows that we cannot travel faster than light so we have to find a way of manipulating Time-Space around whatever has to travel past the speed of light.

As Limerick said...

There was a young lady of Wight
Who traveled much faster than light.
She departed one day,
In a relative way,
And arrived on the previous night

Im now going well off topic i think i could go on forever talking about Time-Space, il save that for another day.

Space-Time is the 4th Dimension without a doubt and one day we will be able to manipulate it like all the other dimensions.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by markjaxson: Height not Length
]

[edit on 19-9-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The basics on understanding the different types of dimmension are as follows.

0D=infinitely small point
1D=a line
2D=X and Y axis (thinking in terms of a graph
3D=X, Y, and Z (all aspects of regular physical motion)
4D=time (how we percieve time)
All Others=complicated dimmensions intertwined in themselves (read The Elegant Universe for a better and more comprehensive understanding)

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viendin
- then we talk them down over 3 pages to have some other idiot who's too lazy to read the topic do it again.

Ah well, someday.

So, if someone has the same Ideas, they sould not post them?

I see time as the history of light.

top topics

join