It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Dilation Near The Speed Of Light May Explain Visitations By Aliens In Flying Saucers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Harte

Harte...I am glad you agree...but you have not included in your assessment the Movement as well as the Topography of Space/Time. It is not a Constant throughout the Universe. Split Infinity

The movement (I assume you mean the accelerating expansion) would have no effect.

The topography wouldn't either, except for any gravity wells that were nearby, of course.

Harte

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by Harte

Harte...I am glad you agree...but you have not included in your assessment the Movement as well as the Topography of Space/Time. It is not a Constant throughout the Universe. Split Infinity

The movement (I assume you mean the accelerating expansion) would have no effect.

The topography wouldn't either, except for any gravity wells that were nearby, of course.

Harte

Harte....it has been calculated that not only is our Universe Expanding at an accelerating rate....but the whole kit and kaboodle....the entire Universe and it's Expanding Space/Time....is moving at a vast rate of speed that seems to be constant and that this blank Matrix may be the reason for some appearence of specific Quantum Particle Movement.

Imagine our Universe and everything in it as a Ballon filled with soda that has been shook up. The CO2 would seperate from the soda and cause the balon to expand...now this is all happening as the ballon in a Car traveling at a constant speed.

Now do to the design of the ballon....the balloon will expand in the directions of least resistance as well as the CO2 traveling to areas with the lessor amount of density or parameters of the balloons design.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

D...I am not trying to call you out or change your belief system. All I want to talk about is FACTS.

Fact # 1. The ENTIRE HUMAN GENOME HAS BEEN MAPPED DOWN TO THE LAST ATOM as well as mapping of many other species Genomes including all the Great Apes.

Fact # 2. Humans and Apes at one time had a common ancestor as all living creatures do all the way back to the first SINGLE CELLED LIVING ORGANIZM from which all LIFE on planet Earth EVOLVED. This is not a theory...it is a provable FACT.

Fact # 3. There are several types of ALMOST LIVING collections of Molecules that are not alive but need a HOST to replicate...VIRUS....they...once penetrating a living cell...will transfer their Genome into the cell and cause massive replication using the cells raw materials to make as many VIRUS as possible until the cell litteraly EXPLODES! This of course aids in the VIRUS ability to spread.

Fact # 4. Since Humans, Apes. Monkeys, Lemurs...all PRIMATES....had at once a common ancestor...VIRAL INFECTIONS can be transmitted between species...mostly through direct Blood Transfer...or EATING very rare utanor improperly cooked or raw Bush Meat....defined in Africa and Asia as Apes, Monkeys, Orangutan...etc.

Fact # 5. Since all Primates share a common ancestor genetically ANCIENT VIRAL INFECTIONS have been LOCATED located upon the Human Genome that also appear upon all other PRIMATES. These VIRAL CODES are identical thus proving that at one time all primates evolved from a single form of life who's GENOME had added to it the VIRAL CODE and passed that VIRAL CODE down to all it's decendents which evolved dependent upon enviroment, solar or chemical Mutation....and survival of the fitest.

These are all documented FACTS. They are NOT THEORY....they can be proved by anyone with the right tools.
Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Harte

Harte....it has been calculated that not only is our Universe Expanding at an accelerating rate....but the whole kit and kaboodle....the entire Universe and it's Expanding Space/Time....is moving at a vast rate of speed that seems to be constant and that this blank Matrix may be the reason for some appearence of specific Quantum Particle Movement.

Imagine our Universe and everything in it as a Ballon filled with soda that has been shook up. The CO2 would seperate from the soda and cause the balon to expand...now this is all happening as the ballon in a Car traveling at a constant speed.

Now do to the design of the ballon....the balloon will expand in the directions of least resistance as well as the CO2 traveling to areas with the lessor amount of density or parameters of the balloons design.

Split Infinity

You don't need to explain this to me, a physics and math teacher.

However, local gravitational effects FAR outweigh the "force" of expansion.

At, or near, the speed of light, expansion would have an undetectable effect on any trip.

I like the "rising loaf of raisin bread in an oven" analogy better than the balloon one.

You appear to think that our universe is expanding into something.

I assure you, it is not.

Space (actually, space-time) itself is what is expanding. The physical material in the universe is being carried along with this expansion.

Harte

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976

Originally posted by SpookyVince

Originally posted by EasyPleaseMe
On the other hand, a more advanced culture should have been able to protect itself from most natural disasters but could have been surprised by a gamma ray burst or similar.

Which doesn't change the fact that we haven't been able to find a single piece of element of proof that there could have been such an advanced civilisation on earth.

The oldest dinausor fossils found so far on earth date back nearly 200 million years, and even climate changes and geological changes have left us with a great amount of fossils, all over earth.

While it is indeed impossible to deny the possibility of the existence of a very advanced civilisation much earlier than that, I don't think it's reasonable to believe that all traces of it could have been totally wiped, like chalk off of a blackboard.

So how do you explain the fact that paleontologists still hav'nt found fossil evidence of a direct link between apes and modern humans or homonids if you wil (missing link)? just throwing that out there as point for conjecture, I'm still on the fence on that point..
But your logic is wrong, if they still havnt found that and you belive man descended from apes then does that not tell you that they havnt found all there is to be found in regards to artefacts and fossil records yet?
The total amount of "pre-human" fossils that have been unearthed in the last 200 years could fill up a couple of small boxes,thats all...

And if we descended from apes,shouldnt we still be evolving from them right now? meaning there should be people who are half apes/half humans walking around right now,or are they and we call them bigfoot?

Modern humans were genetically manipulated and crossbred by aliens who combined their own dna with our prehuman ancestors dna and thats how we were "made in their image" and we still call those aliens our gods...

There is no missing link to be found...
edit on 27-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Harte

Split Infinity
I've imagined our universe as being like the air inside of a balloon thats being blown up underwater and the water thats surrounding the balloon is like whatever our universe is expanding outwards within...

The universe is known to be expanding with exponential acceleration.But the recession speed of the distant galaxies is determined based on the light which has reached the earth after many billions of years of propagation...

So the universe's periphery's recession speed we observe is only apparent,not actual.It is the recession speed which existed billions of years ago.The actual current speed of the universe's expansion must be unbelievably higher and almost beyond our ability to understand...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

D...I am not trying to call you out or change your belief system. All I want to talk about is FACTS.

Fact # 1. The ENTIRE HUMAN GENOME HAS BEEN MAPPED DOWN TO THE LAST ATOM as well as mapping of many other species Genomes including all the Great Apes.

Fact # 2. Humans and Apes at one time had a common ancestor as all living creatures do all the way back to the first SINGLE CELLED LIVING ORGANIZM from which all LIFE on planet Earth EVOLVED. This is not a theory...it is a provable FACT.

Fact # 3. There are several types of ALMOST LIVING collections of Molecules that are not alive but need a HOST to replicate...VIRUS....they...once penetrating a living cell...will transfer their Genome into the cell and cause massive replication using the cells raw materials to make as many VIRUS as possible until the cell litteraly EXPLODES! This of course aids in the VIRUS ability to spread.

Fact # 4. Since Humans, Apes. Monkeys, Lemurs...all PRIMATES....had at once a common ancestor...VIRAL INFECTIONS can be transmitted between species...mostly through direct Blood Transfer...or EATING very rare utanor improperly cooked or raw Bush Meat....defined in Africa and Asia as Apes, Monkeys, Orangutan...etc.

Fact # 5. Since all Primates share a common ancestor genetically ANCIENT VIRAL INFECTIONS have been LOCATED located upon the Human Genome that also appear upon all other PRIMATES. These VIRAL CODES are identical thus proving that at one time all primates evolved from a single form of life who's GENOME had added to it the VIRAL CODE and passed that VIRAL CODE down to all it's decendents which evolved dependent upon enviroment, solar or chemical Mutation....and survival of the fitest.

These are all documented FACTS. They are NOT THEORY....they can be proved by anyone with the right tools.
Split Infinity

I didnt think you was trying to call me out friend, i like you S.I. and i dont know if i actually came across wrong in what i was saying, but what i was saying was an example designed to snag certain people of a certain mind set, not you mate, the facts you quoted are already known to me, and i do believe them as well, so i apologise if you got the wrong drift from me, talking of virus's transferring across species, have you heard about cheetahs? apparently they can catch diseases that affect canines, like distemper and the like, strange eh, coming from a cat family?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Whenever i'm driving down a long straight road and i see a traffic light far up ahead that turns green and i accelerate my car to try and reach the light before it turns red,time actually does seem to slow down for me a very small,but yet still noticeable fraction of an amount while im driving faster and i never seem to get there before it turns red...

Look at a jet plane thats traveling at 1,000 mph when its flying close by,it goes whizzing past you,but when viewed from far away,it seem to be just barely moving...

Just like a comet thats traveling 100,000 mph,but still takes all night long to cross the sky...

If you could view a spaceship traveling at 1,000,000 mph from close by,it would go blasting past you in a fraction of an instant,but if you could watch it traveling at that speed from very far away,it would'nt seem to be moving at all...

So speeding up is actually slowing down and the more you speed up,the more you are bending and warping space and time,the more you are actually slowing down time,for yourself...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

May I suggest, that when a human being is in a hyper-excited state - like a witness to a traffic accident - it appears to be in slow motion too the witness. I've had the same feeling when I was surveying on the Capital Beltway outside Washington D.C.; one day. I just finished walking across a highway bridge, when a fully loaded lumber truck, comes skidding along the jersey wall, right where I had just walked about 5 minutes before. The sleeping truck driver, then lost his whole lumber load all over the outer loop lanes, which then proceeded to roll down the the median strip still upright; and then proceeded to roll across the inner loop lanes before crashing into the jersey wall on the other side.

Fortunately..... no one was hurt or killed, but in my view, the accident appeared to be in slow-motion.

edit on 27-2-2012 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

During traumatic events and sense heightening moments like those,perceived reality is suspended and we suddenly find ourselves immersed and enveloped within surrealistic atmospheres and without warning we are made temporarily aware of what time and reality really might be...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by Erno86

During traumatic events and sense heightening moments like those,perceived reality is suspended and we suddenly find ourselves immersed and enveloped within surrealistic atmospheres and without warning we are made temporarily aware of what time and reality really might be...

Well spoken ..... my friend.

Cheers,

Erno86

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

blocula ---- Can time dialation work in reverse? For example.... the time it takes for a starship to travel to another star system at 99.99995 percent the speed of light. Say these star voyager's only spend two weeks on said alien planet, then they return to their home planet at the same speed. Would these same star voyager's be two weeks younger, compared to the people on there home planet?

I am a firm believer, in super-luminal speeds [faster than light], for these alien starships that visit our planet Earth. The bending of space can only work so much in space vector spaced curved trajectories, so as to make it almost a mute point, relative to super-luminal speeds. It almost has to be a given.... that these space jockey's have to depend on super-luminal speed's, because of the vast distances between other star system's.

What visual effect, would it be for these other-worlder's to witness the universe at super-luminial speed's? Could it be a pure white light visual effect, beholden to the eyes of the other-worlder's?

edit on 27-2-2012 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Very interesting conclusion. This is a new one to think about. You have my attention

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

After a lot of mind bending math in the science book i have called "Why Does E=mc squared?" published in 2009,the authors came up with the exact equations for speed,duration and time dilation for a person traveling in a spaceship at 99.99999999% the speed of light...[99. followed by "8"-9's]

This is what the numbers tell us and it is an amazing reality thats almost beyond our comprehension...

100 years traveling at that speed...6,000,000 years will pass by on earth...

50 years traveling at that speed...3,000,000 years will pass on earth...

25 years traveling at that speed...1,500,000 years will pass by on earth...

12.5 years traveling at that speed...750,000 years will pass by on earth...

6.25 years traveling at that speed...375,000 years will pass by on earth...

3.125 years traveling at that speed...187,500 years will pass by on earth...

1.5625 years traveling at that speed...93,750 years will pass by on earth...

0.78125 years traveling at that speed...46,875 years will pass by on earth...

0.390625 years traveling at that speed...23,437.5 years will pass by on earth...

0.1953125 years traveling at that speed...11,718.75 years will pass by on earth...

So the last number listed above [ 0.1953125 ] represents a journey in a spaceship at those speeds of about 8 weeks and 11,718.75 years will pass by on the planet the astronauts left behind and then returned to and so a journey of around 2 weeks at those speeds,about 3,000 years will pass by...

Did that help answer your question? or were you talking about something else?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think there's something to the time distortion theory, although I don't have a clue as to how the details might be hammered out. The concept of time is undergoing lots of revision right now in mainstream physics, so it isn't as simple as most of us assume.

That said, there are lots of reasons to think that grey aliens have might have some trouble getting time right. John Keel's MIB often showed up in cars and clothes that were from 50 years past and their speech seemed dated and stilted as well. In fact, considering that 50 years Hollywood was making black and white movies featuring big eyed aliens that steal our wimmin, it is possible that greys LOOK the way they do because they think that we think that's what they are supposed to look like (from watching our 50 year old movies).

Also, UFO sightings are often reported to be choppy or jerky, as if the UFO is one place, then another, then another, kind of like if you had a strip of celluloid film and cut out every 30 or intervening frames.

Finally, abductees commonly report time distortions of various kinds, which you would expect if the beings they are encountering have a different sense of time than we do.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pgrundy

Thats probably because the ufos/flying saucers are not moving through space,they are moving through time and when they appear to travel across the entire sky in a fraction of an instant,they didnt really fly across the sky really fast,they actually jumped through time...

They moved backwards or forwards in time a few seconds,blinking in and out and back into our time frame,thats how they are able to seemingly traverse the sky instantaneously.From our perspectives they only appear to be flying through space,when they are actually flying through time...

Thats what i think they are doing,at least within our atmosphere,because i think they are time machines,from earths distant past many millions of years ago,or from earths distant future,many millions of years from now...

edit on 28-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

You misunderstand what I am trying to get at. We have Universal Expansion yes...but we also have a Blank Matrix of Non-Space which does not allow nor follow the basic laws of physics. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
Thats probably because the ufos/flying saucers are not moving through space,they are moving through time and when they appear to travel across the entire sky in a fraction of an instant,they didnt really fly across the sky really fast,they actually jumped through time...

I've seen some videos of UFOs that seem to show what you are saying - when going slow they seem to make a series of small jumps and when going fast they make longer jumps. After seeing these videos I remember coming to the same conclusion.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EasyPleaseMe

Some people have suggested and some alien abductees claim to have actually been told that the aliens telekinetically construct their flying saucers and are telepathically controlling and flying their crafts with their minds and so all they have to do is think of attaining a speed of 5,000 mph during a right angled turn and it will just instantly happen.These crafts have been described as being of a totally seamless construction,as if molded from one continuous piece of material and are they really outer space machines of other worldly origin? Were they designed within higher dimensions? Or are they actually subaquatic machines of earthly origin?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

D....I appreciate your post to me. I started posting a while back as a way to cope with.....a specific job issue. It was not easy for me to get the OK to even post and even though my Band has a web site and posting board....I leave fan discussion to the other guy's as I have had my fill of...Oh! Your so great! I have a hard time dealing with it and like the RUSH song say's...I can't pretend the stranger is a long awaited friend.

I have no issues debating or talking about any subject save anything that is disrespectful to the Elderly....as I have a GREAT RESPECT for people who have seen things and done and experienced things from different eras. I think they have alot to contribute and people should take the time to learn from them....but alot of folks...even people in their 40's and 50's never mind kids...make alot of disparaging comments about being...TOO OLD or the like...interesting this should come up just now but I was having a discusion with My Girl about how I wish I didn't have to cancell a WILD MUSHROOM HUNT with a now departed friend who was of advanced age. I used to teach survival and know quite a bit about what mushrooms are edible and which are DEADLY....some edible ones I do not pick as they are too close in description to the DEADLY ones....my Old Friend....knew everything there was to know about wild mushrooms and he and I were going out after a Rainstorm to pick and identify these so I could learn from him and his vast wisdom....a Buisness issue made me cancel....he passed on shortly after....I wish I had gone.
The other topic I get testy on is people who disparage the Military and Civilian groups that try to keep us safe...I remember some very bad things that were said and done to Guy's coming home from Nam...it is ingrained in me and I had relatives die in that war as well as Korea and WWII.
Other than that...I am easy to get along with...unless a person is just being an IDIOT...then I might say something. You seem I like a Guy I could drink a beer with....that is very good in my books! LOL! Split Infinity

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join