It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Dilation Near The Speed Of Light May Explain Visitations By Aliens In Flying Saucers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

When someone jumps from the top of a skyscraper and hits the pavement,they'll feel pain,for about 1/5th of a second...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EasyPleaseMe
reply to post by blocula

I think the authors of the book forgot about the expansion of the universe when they calculated that. They paper i linked to calculates 50 years to reach the position of a galaxy with a reshift of 0.65 or approx 7 billion light years, which is a bit further than andromeda.

edit on 23-2-2012 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)
"The most accessible, entertaining, and enlightening explanation of the best-known physics equation in the world, as rendered by two of today’s leading scientists.Professor Brian Cox and Professor Jeff Forshaw go on a journey to the frontier of 21st century science to consider the real meaning behind the iconic sequence of symbols that make up Einstein’s most famous equation, E=mc2" > www.amazon.com...
edit on 23-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Looks interesting, I'll take a look thanks.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Definitely intersting... BUT: (there is always a but)

We, mere babies in the evolution stages, who do know near nothing and are just starting to discover the beginning of things, are already aware of that time dilation. We know about it already.

Don't you think that, at the stage they would have reached to be able to send out people on near speed of light travels for many years, they would have anticipated that problem?

Also, even though it is purely hypothetical, would it be possible to go beyond the limit of the speed of light, wouldn't time reverse? Don't you think it would be possible to actually go back in time somehow?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

I would never say never, but what the OP describes is pretty much time travelling to the future.

Current physics allows travel to the future without too much exotic technology but you cant return so maybe the past is also possible,

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
Definitely intersting... BUT: (there is always a but)

Don't you think that, at the stage they would have reached to be able to send out people on near speed of light travels for many years, they would have anticipated that problem?

Anythings possible and think about this.Maybe some of these flying saucers originally left earth long ago through some type of dimensional portal or doorway,like stargates which gave them the ability to travel to their deep space destinations in short periods of time and while they were gone the portals were somehow broken or destroyed and so the only way they could return to earth was by traveling across great distances at near light speed and thats when the time dilation occurred for them and when they arrived here,they arived into their future,our present...
edit on 24-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Have you though about what evidence, if any, of previous space faring races we might be able to find? Maybe like bases on the moon?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I would never say never

Originally posted by blocula
Anythings possible

Exactly.

However, I am not very keen to admit that such an advanced civilisation could have taken place on this very earth, even millions of year ago, without leaving some real traces or remnants of their civilisation.

I mean, we can eyewitness bodies of dinausors trapped in rocks from millions of years, but we wouldn't be able to spot a single proof of humans (or humanoids)? Or their houses? Cars? Ships? etc. I don't exactly buy this.

Absence of proof is not proof of absence, granted. But in this particular case, I do not think there is anything to back up such a claim, however interesting the idea is.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I think over longer time-scales than the dinosaurs evidence on earth might have vanished due to geological processes. But perhaps not on the moon.

On the other hand, a more advanced culture should have been able to protect itself from most natural disasters but could have been surprised by a gamma ray burst or similar.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

On the other hand, a more advanced culture should have been able to protect itself from most natural disasters but could have been surprised by a gamma ray burst or similar.

Which doesn't change the fact that we haven't been able to find a single piece of element of proof that there could have been such an advanced civilisation on earth.

The oldest dinausor fossils found so far on earth date back nearly 200 million years, and even climate changes and geological changes have left us with a great amount of fossils, all over earth.

While it is indeed impossible to deny the possibility of the existence of a very advanced civilisation much earlier than that, I don't think it's reasonable to believe that all traces of it could have been totally wiped, like chalk off of a blackboard.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

It appears the fossil record might now stretch back 2.3 to 3.5 billion years.

But there's this:

It is important to address the rarity of fossils in the context that for any particular organism that once existed, the probability that it today is part of the fossil record is infinitesimally small. Such profound rarity is a consequence of three factors: 1) fossil formation is a rare event; 2) fossil survival is a rare event; and 3) an exceedingly tiny fraction of surviving fossils will ever be accessible to be found, though the crust of the earth is filled with them. We’ll examine these factors in sequence.

fossilmuseum.net

I think that a previous race is unlikely, but not impossible.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I would never say never, but what the OP describes is pretty much time travelling to the future.

Current physics allows travel to the future without too much exotic technology but you cant return so maybe the past is also possible,

Well, not really, time travels the same for the traveller, but its the Earth thats catapaults in to the future, but arent we all, after a fashion, when you really get down to it, time travellers of a sort? we are all travelling in to the future at every moment of of every second of our lives at the rate of about, oh..... 1 second for every second!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Which doesn't change the fact that we haven't been able to find a single piece of element of proof that there could have been such an advanced civilisation on earth.

The oldest dinausor fossils found so far on earth date back nearly 200 million years, and even climate changes and geological changes have left us with a great amount of fossils, all over earth.

While it is indeed impossible to deny the possibility of the existence of a very advanced civilisation much earlier than that, I don't think it's reasonable to believe that all traces of it could have been totally wiped, like chalk off of a blackboard.

So how do you explain the fact that paleontologists still hav'nt found fossil evidence of a direct link between apes and modern humans or homonids if you wil (missing link)? just throwing that out there as point for conjecture, I'm still on the fence on that point..
But your logic is wrong, if they still havnt found that and you belive man descended from apes then does that not tell you that they havnt found all there is to be found in regards to artefacts and fossil records yet?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976
Well, not really, time travels the same for the traveller, but its the Earth thats catapaults in to the future, but arent we all, after a fashion, when you really get down to it, time travellers of a sort? we are all travelling in to the future at every moment of of every second of our lives at the rate of about, oh..... 1 second for every second!!!

Well that is why I said 'pretty much'. My time travelling seems to go at about 5s/s

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by EasyPleaseMe
My time travelling seems to go at about 5s/s

Well............ you say tomayto, I say tomatoe!!!

edit on 24-2-2012 by DARREN1976 because: coz I did!!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

You believe in God.

I don't.

There is no missing link.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Harte...I am glad you agree...but you have not included in your assessment the Movement as well as the Topography of Space/Time. It is not a Constant throughout the Universe. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

So how do you explain the fact that paleontologists still hav'nt found fossil evidence of a direct link between apes and modern humans or homonids if you wil (missing link)? just throwing that out there as point for conjecture, I'm still on the fence on that point..
But your logic is wrong, if they still havnt found that and you belive man descended from apes then does that not tell you that they havnt found all there is to be found in regards to artefacts and fossil records yet?

Darren....Man did not decend from Apes...we both had a common ancestor...there is fossil records for this as well as absolute VERIFICATION VIA THE HUMAN GENOME MAPPING PROJECT...it traces Humans all the way back to the very first SINGLE CELLED ORGANIZM. This is FACT not THEORY. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

reply to post by DARREN1976

You believe in God.

I don't.

There is no missing link.

I believe in a lot of things, but I dont profess to know for definite wether them things are true or not do I? saying there is no missing link "matter of factly" is wrong, how do you know? are you Edgar Cayce? have you got access to the fabled Akashic records? fact is you dont, its a big wide world out there, we have only just scratched the surface of things, there is a hell of a lot more stuff to be discovered, so how do you know for definite? now if you said that was juist your opinion then i would accept that, but how do you know i believe in god? when did i tell you that? and how do you know that i maybe dont believe there is a missing link either?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Darren....Man did not decend from Apes...we both had a common ancestor...there is fossil records for this as well as absolute VERIFICATION VIA THE HUMAN GENOME MAPPING PROJECT...it traces Humans all the way back to the very first SINGLE CELLED ORGANIZM. This is FACT not THEORY. Split Infinity

You got me all wrong S.I. I dont really go in for Darwins theories about descending from apes either, the purpose of the previous post was to bring light to the fact that if certain people believed there was one, and where also of the thought that advanced civilisations didnt exist otherwise we would have evidence of it, then what about fossil evidence of mans descent from the apes? it was supposed to be a kind of "catch me out" sort of thing, if you get what i mean...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join