It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Dilation Near The Speed Of Light May Explain Visitations By Aliens In Flying Saucers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
so lets see whos really clever

If Mary is on the space ship thats travelling at 99.5% the speed of light, for 20 of her years, and Mike on earth (if still alive) would be say 1000 years old, how far did the spaceship travel, 20 light years or 1000 light years?

Also, there are some interested points raised here about UFO being ships that have zipped off at the speed of or near to light and are coming back to find us here.

I very much doubt that if something can build a craft to go 99.999% the speed of light they would of "missed" time dilation....but....what if there is an error in thier hardware, or software, which means that the ship travels faster than its supposed to.

I mean the different in time dilation between 99.99999% and 99.999995% SOL can be 1000s of years....what if they left thinking yeah we'll be back in 50 years...and its actually 50k? What if......they used thier equilalent of Windows 95 and not Linux! *GASP*

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I was simply answering the question in bloculas' terms which was about traveling near The Speed of Light, however I do understand that folding or Warping Space is the Key but at our level of Intelligence we still have to wait perhaps a hundred years or two due to the fact that our Goverment keeps on wasting our money on Black Projects and on Wars and so we will not have the funding for such an engine until our Government matures and understands It's ways.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This theory is REALLY interesting...

Maybe an ancient intelligent species from Earth is returning after a long space travel near the speed of light.

Maybe they KNEW that it would happen to them, but they had the adventurous spirit to go on with such a journey. They were not afraid of the fact that, when they come back to Earth, everything that they knew would be gone a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by DARREN1976

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by Harte

I've got a good science book that i'll have to dig out and i'll find the part where the authors,after a lot of over my head complex math,came up with specific numbers and equations for the speed and the amout of time that will pass,i'll go look for it right now...

I havent read it in a long time but i'm pretty sure we'll all be surprised at how far into the future a person and their spaceship will actually travel at close to light speeds...

edit on 21-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

I think my calculations are right, that if you was to travel at the speed of light to the nearest star and back (4 lyrs there and the same back) then the earth would of aged ten thousand years, from that calculation, work the rest out from there to different stars at light speed/ to light years ratio...

Well....you can't just start traveling at Light Speed in a Craft....you have to slowly build up acceleration thus many years would pass before you ever approached the Speed of Light...because too much instantanious accelleration means a VERY DEAD CREW!

That is SO true.

This is why I said that G.R.T. applies to that portion of the trip.

Classically, if you assume starting from velocity equals 0, to calculate the amount of time, you need to put in how many "g's" of acceleration you think ET can take in the following:
v=(#of g's)*9.8*t
v would be the speed of light in meters per second (about 10 to the 8th power)
9.8 is one "g"
t is the amount of time it would take to reach light speed (or whatever speed you're postulating that the ship is moving at during the trip.)

Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pigsy2400
Some people are now suggesting that T-Rex's and Velocoraptors are now the pilots of UFO's,...oh dear....
Yes,certain species after having evolved for 100's of millions of years and lets not let these facts slip by us that many people have seen intelligent bi-pedal reptilians and insectoids within flying saucers...

And dinosaurs were the dominant species of earth for around 135 million years and insects have been here for over 400 million years.Modern humans have only been walking around for about 200 thousand years and the oldest "pre-human" remains are only about 3 million years old...

So why would'nt certain species of dinosaur or even insect have been able to evolve into intelligent bi-pedal creatures?...We did...
edit on 23-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by Harte

I've got a good science book that i'll have to dig out and i'll find the part where the authors,after a lot of over my head complex math,came up with specific numbers and equations for the speed and the amout of time that will pass,i'll go look for it right now...

I havent read it in a long time but i'm pretty sure we'll all be surprised at how far into the future a person and their spaceship will actually travel at close to light speeds...

I think my calculations are right, that if you was to travel at the speed of light to the nearest star and back (4 lyrs there and the same back) then the earth would of aged ten thousand years, from that calculation, work the rest out from there to different stars at light speed/ to light years ratio...

Well....you can't just start traveling at Light Speed in a Craft....you have to slowly build up acceleration thus many years would pass before you ever approached the Speed of Light...because too much instantanious accelleration means a VERY DEAD CREW!

That is SO true.

This is why I said that G.R.T. applies to that portion of the trip.

Classically, if you assume starting from velocity equals 0, to calculate the amount of time, you need to put in how many "g's" of acceleration you think ET can take in the following:
v=(#of g's)*9.8*t
v would be the speed of light in meters per second (about 10 to the 8th power)
9.8 is one "g"
t is the amount of time it would take to reach light speed (or whatever speed you're postulating that the ship is moving at during the trip.)

Harte

I read something last night in "Unconventional Flying Objects" by Paul R. Hill. He's a smart guy but of course the book is from the early 1970s. He says antimatter responds to gravity just like matter but instead of creating a gravity field it creates an anti-gravity field that repels mass. (I have no idea if this is the current understanding of physicists; I'm just reading his book.)

Here is the interesting thing: If a repellent force field could be generated it would affect every atom uniformly. Therefore a dinosaur pilot could experience 100 G acceleration without becoming prematurely extinct. Every cell in the dinosaurs body would accelerate uniformly.
edit on 23-2-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity
Don't you think that some of the species would stay behind on Earth and so would have stopped any problems that would occur? And if they can travel at or near The Speed of Light then I'm pretty sure they could have inhabited some planet or moon either in an Extrasolar System or even in our own Solar System and so would have survived.
While they,meaning their astronauts,were gone,their species may have been wiped out,either through self inflicted cataclysms like global nuclear war,evidence of which we may have found as the world wide iridium layer,or natural disasters like an asteroid or comet strike,or even both happening close together or simultaneously and when they returned to their earth,they discovered that their species went extinct and a new species had arisen while they were gone,humans...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

The spaceship will have to accelerate and deaccelerate and the existence of g force must be accounted for in the distance equation,but when the spaceship blasts off and accelerates outwards and when it fires its rockets to turn around and accelerates back to earth,thats when time on earth will pass by most rapidly relative to the astronaut in the spaceship...

After a lot of mind bending math in the science book i have called "Why Does E=mc squared?" published in 2009,the authors came up with the exact equations for speed,duration and time dilation for a person traveling in a spaceship at 99.99999999% the speed of light...[99. followed by "8"-9's]

And it is an amazing reality thats almost beyond our comprehension...

100 years traveling at that speed...6,000,000 years will pass by on earth...

50 years traveling at that speed...3,000,000 years will pass on earth...

25 years traveling at that speed...1,500,000 years will pass by on earth...

12.5 years traveling at that speed...750,000 years will pass by on earth...

6.25 years traveling at that speed...375,000 years will pass by on earth...

3.125 years traveling at that speed...187,500 years will pass by on earth...

1.5625 years traveling at that speed...93,750 years will pass by on earth...

0.78125 years traveling at that speed...46,875 years will pass by on earth...

0.390625 years traveling at that speed...23,437.5 years will pass by on earth...

0.1953125 years traveling at that speed...11,718.75 years will pass by on earth...

At this point...My knees are weak...My head is reeling...Those numbers are totally mind blowing...I'm Convinced...

Some Of The Aliens Within Their Flying Saucers That We See Arriving Here On Earth Amongst Us Are Time Travelers In Time Machines...No Doubt About It...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

E.T. is not using a method of propultion....they are simple creating a Massive Gravity Well to the point of singularity to allow the craft to FALL...from one point to any other point in the Universe. Navigation is the real bitch. Split Infinity

Of course there is that as well, reminds me of a book I read as a child called flat stanley *giggle* but what about super duper inertia dampeeners on steroids?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

It has been calculated that taking into account the expansion of the universe and time dilation we could travel to the edge of the observable universe within 100 years at below light speed.

Arxiv.org (PDF)

Light Speed isn't the barrier people assume it to be, as long as you don't want to go home again...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EasyPleaseMe
reply to post by blocula

It has been calculated that taking into account the expansion of the universe and time dilation we could travel to the edge of the observable universe within 100 years at below light speed.

Arxiv.org (PDF)

Light Speed isn't the barrier people assume it to be, as long as you don't want to go home again...

You can still go home,but the home you'll find when you return will be very,very different from the one you left behind...

After a lot of mind bending math in the science book i have called "Why Does E=mc squared?" published in 2009,the authors explained how if we managed to travel at 99.99999999 [thats 99. followed by "8" 9's] percent of the speed of light,we could travel out of the milky way galaxy and all the way to the neighboring andromeda galaxy,almost 3 million light years away,in a mere 50 years!!!...WOW !!!

And so during a 100 year round trip journey to the andromeda galaxy,50 years out,50 years back to earth,at 99.99999999% of the speed of light,6 million years will have passed by on earth!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I think the authors of the book forgot about the expansion of the universe when they calculated that. They paper i linked to calculates 50 years to reach the position of a galaxy with a reshift of 0.65 or approx 7 billion light years, which is a bit further than andromeda.

edit on 23-2-2012 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
He says antimatter responds to gravity just like matter but instead of creating a gravity field it creates an anti-gravity field that repels mass. (I have no idea if this is the current understanding of physicists;

How anti-matter reacts to gravity is about to be tested, i'll post a link when i find it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

While there is a possibility they could became Extinct through Self Destruction I however personally do not think so because if they have Technology to move near The Speed of Light I'm sure that there wouldn't be Wars because to move near The Speed of Light all Nations would have to unite to provide the Technology and Energy needed. and about Natural Extinction I don't think they would be Destroyed either because they obviously would have the Technology to destroy almost anything that would come their way.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Here is the interesting thing: If a repellent force field could be generated it would affect every atom uniformly. Therefore a dinosaur pilot could experience 100 G acceleration without becoming prematurely extinct. Every cell in the dinosaurs body would accelerate uniformly.

If you jump off the roof of a skyscraper, when you hit the street below the street will affect every atom of your body uniformly.

Does this mean it's not gonna hurt you?
No.

Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EasyPleaseMe
reply to post by blocula

Arxiv.org (PDF)

Getting there is a problem as well.

Remember, you have to navigate to a point that isn't there yet when you leave, and if you want to return (for whatever reason,) the same thing applies. You'll need to know where your destination will be in a million years.

No mean feat.

In fact, given the frequency of novas and supernovas, and other catastrophic solar and galactic mishaps, you might never find what you're looking for at all, assuming you do get there yourself.

Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

If you jump off the roof of a skyscraper, when you hit the street below the street will affect every atom of your body uniformly.

No.

Harte

Actually if you think about it: the dinosaur falling from the Empire State Building gets hurt because the atoms do not simultaneously hit the pavement. The bottom surface of the dinosaur hits first and all the interior atoms conduct the impact upwards - squishing him into goo.

But if all the atoms in the dinosaur could impact simultaneously the dinosaur would not feel a thing. One minute he would be falling towards the pavement and the next minute he would be strolling down the street with his umbrella in hand.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

No.

Harte

Actually if you think about it: the dinosaur falling from the Empire State Building gets hurt because the atoms do not simultaneously hit the pavement. The bottom surface of the dinosaur hits first and all the interior atoms conduct the impact upwards - squishing him into goo.

But if all the atoms in the dinosaur could impact simultaneously the dinosaur would not feel a thing. One minute he would be falling towards the pavement and the next minute he would be strolling down the street with his umbrella in hand.

You have a very skewed view of inertia.

Your dinosaur would be dinosplat.

Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Getting there is a problem as well.

Good point. And with a journey like that youd want to know there was something worth viewing when you get there.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
O.k. think about a hollow steel ball sitting near a super powerful electromagnet. You switch the electromagnet on and the electric field changes at the speed of light so that suddenly there is force of 100 G on the nearest surface of the ball that weakens slightly to 99G on the back surface of the ball. The ball isn't crushed because the gradient of the field isn't that steep but it would suddenly accelerate almost 100 G. (Imagine this is in a vacuum, so there would be no air resistance to the acceleration.)

That's why my dinosaur can pilot the UFO and make those 100 G turns without spilling his cup of coffee.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join