It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Dilation Near The Speed Of Light May Explain Visitations By Aliens In Flying Saucers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Even if you traveled FTL, you would just go light years for only a minute or so, the watch/date wouldn't suddenly jump to 70 years ahead right?

You wouldn't perceive anything out of the ordinary on your timekeeping devices.

The massive discrepancy wouldn't be apparent until you returned to your point of origin.

Theres lots of good hard SF that plays with this. 'Tau Zero' by Poul Anderson, while old, is considered a classic.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I seem to remember that acceleration is an important factor in time dilation. If you have two inertial reference frames moving with a relativistic speed I don't think there is time dilation. It's only during acceleration or deceleration so that one reference frame is no longer intertial.

If you imagine the space ship traveling at constant relativistic velocity away from Earth you could just as easily take the space ship as the reference frame and imagine Earth traveling away from the space ship. The time dilation happens because the space ship must change velocity to leave and return to Earth and is not an inertial reference frame while doing that.

I'm not sure if I'm right, and I hope someone will correct me if I'm remembering wrong.
edit on 19-2-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

Even if you traveled FTL, you would just go light years for only a minute or so, the watch/date wouldn't suddenly jump to 70 years ahead right?

The massive discrepancy wouldn't be apparent until you returned to your point of origin.

Theres lots of good hard SF that plays with this. 'Tau Zero' by Poul Anderson, while old, is considered a classic.

Good hard science fiction. That is all this is. All the links that were posted confirm this. Someone traveling at the speed of light for any amount of time will have had the same amount of time pass as the person still on earth as in measured in ouir units of time. The perception of how that time passes is the only thing that is different and it can be hugely different. Light nor speed determines time.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Of course this is science fiction,from a human perspective,because no one has traveled a near light speed,but particles have been proved to experience time dilation during numerous tests and thats science fact...

Time dilation by the Lorentz factor was predicted by Joseph Larmor in 1897,at least for electrons orbiting a nucleus.Time dilation of magnitude corresponding to this Lorentz factor has been experimentally confirmed.Look at the state of the world in 1897,how people were living,what they were doing and look at what Joseph Larmor was thinking about and doing...

When traveling at near the speed of light,which is 186,000 miles per second,time does change,for the person thats moving through space at those mind numbing speeds...

They are traveling so extremely fast that time is dilated "for them" and many thousands of years will pass by "for them" and the closer they travel to the speed of light,the faster more time will go by "for them",the further into the future they will have traveled.While at the "same time" someone else on earth will only experience a few years going by...As amazing as that seems and sounds...That is reality...Not science fiction..

edit on 19-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Originally posted by justwokeup

Good hard science fiction. That is all this is. All the links that were posted confirm this. Someone traveling at the speed of light for any amount of time will have had the same amount of time pass as the person still on earth as in measured in ouir units of time. The perception of how that time passes is the only thing that is different and it can be hugely different. Light nor speed determines time.

I'm not sure what you are saying, but I believe time dilation has been proven many times using atomic clocks. Here is a link to another discussion forum that mentions some of the experimental evidence. (Sorry I can't find more authoritative sources.)

Time dilation was not only proven, but proven repeatedly during the Apollo program with two atomic clocks, one aboard the space capsule, and one back on Earth. As the craft proceeded to go from Earth to the Moon and back at 20,000mph+ (depending on what part of the mission they were at) the time dilation between the two clocks was then thoroughly recognized and documented when they came back home and the two clocks could be compared, which irrefutably demonstrated that although it was a very small difference given how far from the speed of light they were, the acceleration closer to the speed of light relative to Earth did indeed reduce the rate at which time passed for the traveling clock relative to the one on Earth.

Discovery Forum

Also, the intelligent dinosaurs in the space ship would probably be talking to Earth using laser beams during their mission. They would be aware of time dilation, because many years would have passed on Earth between each message while maybe a day had passed on the space ship. I don't know if this effect would be observable while they traveled at constant velocity or only while accelerating or decelerating.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Time dilation? UFO reports quite consistently describe their movements as erratic, flitting from point to point at what adds up to low net speed, yet also jumping miles instantaneously, which obviously has nothing to do with avionics or rocketry. Whether such visitors are ETs using mastery of the zero-point field, interdimensional "ghosts," or time travelers, their method of getting around, developed paying Einstein no heed, is not subject to time dilation.

And if they are from one or more exoplanets, such planets are likely no more than 54 light-years away, since there are plenty of sunlike stars older than ours within that radius. Astronomers used to say 46 within 54 light-years, but the most recent Wikipedia article on it lists 49 within 50.1 light-years.

It's not impossible that humans made it to the stars long ago, using what we think of as ET tech, and that the stay-at-homes got knocked back to the Stone Age 20,000 years ago by an asteroid strike or antimatter war. But that has nothing to do with time dilation.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
Time dilation? UFO reports quite consistently describe their movements as erratic, flitting from point to point at what adds up to low net speed, yet also jumping miles instantaneously, which obviously has nothing to do with avionics or rocketry. Whether such visitors are ETs using mastery of the zero-point field, interdimensional "ghosts," or time travelers, their method of getting around, developed paying Einstein no heed, is not subject to time dilation.

And if they are from one or more exoplanets, such planets are likely no more than 54 light-years away, since there are plenty of sunlike stars older than ours within that radius. Astronomers used to say 46 within 54 light-years, but the most recent Wikipedia article on it lists 49 within 50.1 light-years.

It's not impossible that humans made it to the stars long ago, using what we think of as ET tech, and that the stay-at-homes got knocked back to the Stone Age 20,000 years ago by an asteroid strike or antimatter war. But that has nothing to do with time dilation.

Maybe not all aliens,but i'll bet that some of them that are appearing here amongst us,are showing up after traveling out into space in their flying saucers and their flying saucers wether by accident or design,are time machines...

Think about this...Maybe some of these flying saucers originally left earth through some kind of dimensional portal or doorway to get to their deep space destinations and while they were gone that portal was somehow destroyed while they were gone and so the only way they could return to earth was by traveling across great distances at near light speed and thats when the time dilation occurred for them and when they arrived here,they arived into their future,our present...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I've got to say, interesting theory. But wouldn't these advanced civilizations know about time dilation? Surely they would have tested their technology out and ran into these problems.

Also, I once heard a physicist say something that I believe hits the nail on the head when it comes to aliens;
"if you was one day walking through the woods and you came across an ant nest, you'd probably watch it and get a little closer for a few minutes, but then you'd carry on your journey.
You wouldn't bother trying to communicate with them because your far more advanced and intelligent than they are.
Well this is probably how aliens perceive us!"

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Petest205
I've got to say, interesting theory. But wouldn't these advanced civilizations know about time dilation? Surely they would have tested their technology out and ran into these problems.

Also, I once heard a physicist say something that I believe hits the nail on the head when it comes to aliens;
"if you was one day walking through the woods and you came across an ant nest, you'd probably watch it and get a little closer for a few minutes, but then you'd carry on your journey.
You wouldn't bother trying to communicate with them because your far more advanced and intelligent than they are.

When we sent the first astronauts to land on the moon,we didnt "really know" what would happen to them until after their mission was through and they returned home...

Lots of humans collect and study ants...

If we tried to or had to,how would we be able to communicate with ants,who may be the most intelligent of all insects,what methods would we use?

Would we re-arrange their little piles of sand and pebbles around their holes into distinct shapes and sizes?

What would they think is going on?

What would we be saying to them?

Would they then re-arrange them into other shapes and sizes to try and communicate back to us?

What are we saying to them as we walk on,drive over and crush them all the time?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Speed doesn't change the passage of time though it might change the experience. It may feel like thousands of years but both men would have had the same amount of time pass.
Speed does change the passage of time and time is relative to someones perspective,that was proved by einstein in 1905,over one hundred years ago with his principle of special relativity > www.phys.unsw.edu.au...
edit on 18-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Not to dis Einstein but in our existence time is measured in seconds, minutes, hours, days, etc. It is a constant that does not change regardless of someone's persective. Just because someone feels time went faster doesn't mean that it actually did.

Actually, the further you move away from a huge gravity source the faster time gets, if you stand by the great pyramid, people standing 50 feet away from it are actually moving in time faster than you, only by about a billionth of a second but it's a scientific fact.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Of course this is science fiction,from a human perspective,because no one has traveled a near light speed,but particles have been proved to experience time dilation during numerous tests and thats science fact...

Time dilation by the Lorentz factor was predicted by Joseph Larmor in 1897,at least for electrons orbiting a nucleus.Time dilation of magnitude corresponding to this Lorentz factor has been experimentally confirmed.Look at the state of the world in 1897,how people were living,what they were doing and look at what Joseph Larmor was thinking about and doing...

When traveling at near the speed of light,which is 186,000 miles per second,time does change,for the person thats moving through space at those mind numbing speeds...

They are traveling so extremely fast that time is dilated "for them" and many thousands of years will pass by "for them" and the closer they travel to the speed of light,the faster more time will go by "for them",the further into the future they will have traveled.While at the "same time" someone else on earth will only experience a few years going by...As amazing as that seems and sounds...That is reality...Not science fiction..

Isn't that backwards? Or maybe I don't understand it. I think time goes slower for the space traveller. So if Earth was sending the daily newspaper through laser communication to keep the dinosaur astronauts current on the news they would need to read several newspapers every day instead of one.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

We need to think about this "Time Dilation Effect" from the perspectives of two different people...

One person is standing on earth and the other person blasts off in a spaceship at 99% the speed of light,around 180,000 miles per "second" light speed is 186,000 miles per "second"...

The spaceship will be traveling for 20 years at those speeds,10 years out,turn around,10 years back to earth...

Looking at the spaceships journey from the perspective of the person inside the ship,the clock inside their ship will show 20 years have gone by,the person and their spaceship will have been gone for 20 years when they return...

But from the person on earths perspective,they are waiting for the arrival of a spaceship that will never return in that persons lifetime.The ship will not be seen returning by anyone in 20 years and it will not be seen returning in 100 years and it will not be seen returning in 1,000 years either...

When it does finally return to earth,many thousands of years will have gone by...

And from the perspective of the person in the spaceship,even though their ships clock shows that only 20 years have passed by,the ship and the person on board will have actually returned to a distant future earth...

The amazing speed of 180,000 miles per "second" will have "Dilated Time" "Bent" and "Warped" Space/Time

Inside the ship 20 years went by,outside the ship,thousands of years went by,the person has time traveled into the future...

The people who are on earth when it does return,will probably never even know that the spaceship left earth thousands of years ago and when they see it,they might think it is an alien in an alien spaceship...

If the person had been traveling at 99.999999999% the speed of light,many hundreds of thousand of years would have passed by,perhaps even millions and if humanity was wiped out and a new intelligent species had arisen on earth while the spaceship was gone,when they see it return,they will be totally unaware that it even left earth so long ago and they "will" think it is an alien in an alien spaceship...

edit on 20-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
At 186,000 miles per second,light travels 5,900,000,000,000 miles in a year,almost 6 trillion miles,one light year...

We have detected light from galaxies that are 13,000,000,000 light years away from us,which is 13 billion x 6 trillion miles away...

Thats 7.8 × 10 followed by 22 zeros...

Which is 780,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 miles away...

Time And The Speed Of light > www.costellospaceart.com...
edit on 20-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Petest205

When we sent the first astronauts to land on the moon,we didnt "really know" what would happen to them until after their mission was through and they returned home...

Lots of humans collect and study ants...

If we tried to or had to,how would we be able to communicate with ants,who may be the most intelligent of all insects,what methods would we use?

Would we re-arrange their little piles of sand and pebbles around their holes into distinct shapes and sizes?

What would they think is going on?

What would we be saying to them?

Would they then re-arrange them into other shapes and sizes to try and communicate back to us?

What are we saying to them as we walk on,drive over and crush them all the time?

Lol, you're looking into it too much. But I do agree to an extent. Maybe try something else instead of ants.
And thinking back to it, I've once observed a trail of ants leading between their nest and a sausage roll on the floor, they were heading back and forth carrying small pieces of the stuff, so I helped them out and moved the thing closer. Is this what ancient aliens did perhaps??
haha

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

The greys,insectoids and reptilian aliens have all been seen together onboard flying saucers and the reptilians and or the insectoids may have discovered the greys living on another planet in another galaxy and brought some of them back to earth...

Stars and flags for this thread 'blocula'

Draconian Reptilian reportedly created some Grey specie as slaves to serve these Reptilians. "Andromedan Contactee" Alex Collier in this 1994 Interview explain that the Draconian Reptilians entered this Universe through a "Black Hole" from another Universe a loong loong time ago, settled down at Alpha Draconi star system in the constellation of Draco (about 300 light years of distance), some of them allegedly travelled to Earth 800000 years ago. David Icke - Reptilian manipulation of humanity, Part 1 , Part 2

Even the human looking nordic aliens might be ancient earth astronauts returning from interstellar explorations...

www.abovetopsecret.com... Employees of Equador's embassy in Peru claim to have been visited by human looking Extraterrestrial Galactic Commander Banyú. "Pleiadian contactee" Colleen Thomas in this TV interview claim it was Pleiadians who shot down the California missile, she claim that they are here on Earth to rescue humanity from these bad Reptilians. Researcher Peggy Kane told that the Reptilians have been defeated by now.
www.abovetopsecret.com... "Andromedan contactee" called 'Tolec' confirm that most of the bad reptilians and Greys are defeated by now. However, the remaining Greys and Reptilians still roaming the network of underground tunnels, spreading out from Washington D.C. upward toward the hills attempting to cause trouble. The greys are currently positioning themselves at strategic underground tunnel locations at various points underneath the city - preparing for a coordinated 'false flag', fake attack event. The AC intelligence people are keenly aware of these activities. "However, the greys & reptilians, are 'fighting for their lives', they know the game for control & power is slipping away, and is almost 'up', they know the war is over, they know they have lost, they are 'playing their last hand'.

Cherokee indians tells stories of Pleiadian star people coming to Atlantis in ancient times, intermingling with Earth inhabitants, and having children with the beginnings of higher consiousness.
In this TV interview Randy Winthers explain that The Pleiadians reportedly travel in a "Split Second" between the wast distances in space, for example from the Pleiades to this starsystem at a distance of about 420 light years, or much larger distances. From about 5:30 in this conference Alex Collier explain that Andromedans reportedly travel wast distances in space in a "Split Second" for example from one end of the galaxy to the other end of the galaxy, or from galaxy to another galaxy, and yes, still in a "Split Second".
In this conference Alex Collier explain that the quiet science of archeology has and will discover more and more of ancient history, including ancient Extraterrestrial civilizations, there is going to be aknowledgement of a temple complex that belong to ancient Lemuria that is apparently still intact lying approximately 150 miles southwest of Easter Island, Alex Collier is told it's huge, he's also been told that the Russians already know it's there, they have photographed it and exployed it in many submarines. And underwater structures near Okinawa have already been filmed/photographed by divers. Lemuria and Atlantis reportedly existed in ancient times.

The war between Atlantis and Lemuria

When the transformation was complete and the later sector was safe, the first sector imploded the fusion reactors, destroying 98% of the Dinoid/Reptoid civilizations, the survivors evacuated to the planet in our solar system, Maldek. Now with the Dinoid/Reptoid no longer present on Earth, the Earth Spiritual Hierarchies and the cataceans had to find a suitable guardian for the land. They searched the galaxy for 2 to 3 million years before finding what they were looking for . They found, on the fourth planet of the Vega system , a primitive aquatic species that was starting to emerge from the oceans. This species had creation myths, a language, and a hunting and gathering culture.

The Spiritual Hierarchies of the Vega system were then asked if they would permit this species to be vastly altered genetically to accelerate their evolution so that they may become a guardian species. The Vega Spiritual Hierarchies agreed. So, the traces of the first humans came from the Vega Star System. Their technology improved very quickly, and once they had developed star travel technology they started to migrate into nearby star systems for a period of 2.5 million years.

During this time the Galatic Federation was formed, Sirius B was colonized and Earth was selected for seeding. Later Mars and Venus were colonized and the Hybornea colony was founded on Earth. Dinoid/Reptoids in the meantime had built up there forces and were invading the various colonies throughout the solar system. Hyborean Earth, Mars and Venus were victim to these attacks and the Dinoids and Reptoids gained control over the solar system for a period of approximately 80,000 years.

In response to this the Galactic Federation planned a counterattack to reintroduce humans into this system. They arranged for a battle planet (4 times the diameter of the Earth) to come into the solar system and destroy the planet Maldek - which was the Dinoid/Reptoid stronghold. The remains of the planet Maldek are what we can now see as the asteroid belt. After the destruction of Maldek and the defeat of the Dinoid/Reptoids a human colony was again established on Earth. It is what we know today as Lemuria. Over the next 850,000 years the Lemurians spread across the face of the planet. They founded daughter colonies such as Atlantis, Yu which is now Central China and Tibet and the Libyan/Egytian colonies.

The Atlanteans began to acquire a feeling of uniqueness about their culture and wanted to eliminate Lemuria so that they could become the mother country. The Atlanteans began forming alliances with renegade Pleidans and Alpha Centaurians which had Hierarchical systems of government . They accomplished the destruction of Lemuria by taking the Earth's moon (Earth had 2 moons in those times) out of orbit by using force fields until it was as close as possible to the Lemurian empire, and then the moon was destroyed resulting in a catastrophic shower of meteors. This destroyed much of Lemuria, but this also resulted in many pressures being inflicted upon the tectonic plates : resulting in the gas chambers under Lemuria to implode and thus sink most of the Lemurian continent.

www.abovetopsecret.com... From about 5:50 in this conference (Part 10) by Randy Winters, Randy show a picture of what seems to be the other Moon, and Earth in the background. That picture is allegedly taken by Billy Meier. Billy Meier was reportedly invited aboard the Pleiadians' spaceship, reportedly travelled back in ancient times, and Meier told that his Plejaren friends told him that Earth had 2 Moons in ancient times.

www.abovetopsecret.com... From about 8:12 in this 'conference', Randy Winthers mention that the ancient Lyrans who visited Earth in ancient time were from 7 meters to 9 meters tall.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

As far I remember, the apparent time duration difference may be true as long as the frame of references are different (hence the term Relativity). Once the fast traveler returns back to earth (original frame of reference) and starts to decelerate to zero speed, time will start running much faster and both the time frames will again be in sync. Both the traveler & the stationary observer will be the same age once again.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike

That's of coarse if one assumes that the Earth's core is solid, in which case mankind (mainstream science) have only scratched the surface of ancient life... I don't intend to debate the hollow earth here (just food for thought) there's a thread for that here. therein are posts which address the assumption of the core as a solid ball etc. via analysis of seismic and temperature data as well as many other unusual aspects of the topic.

P.S. Nice OP Blocula, didnt realise it was you who posted until after I read it, but I had a similar vibe from your post which was like what I experienced when discussing the other side of a space/space is a 3D illusion threads...When I saw you as the OP a penny dropped as to why. Good vibes too even tho the topic can veer into the deep end. I sense that you have truly let the box fall away, tho some may see you as crazy and pessimistic I can see that you have been optimistically liberated by knowing that true knowledge is in knowing nothing as a certainty and entertaining all possibilities including the most out there ones so as to get a more fluid handle (that's sort contradictive phrase but whatever) on "reality"

Infinite possibilities

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Petest205

And the ants at the immediate location of the sausage roll were probably somewhat distressed at first when you moved it... Then later realised you helped them.

Is this what's going on here on earth now, or what went on? Perhaps the elite are the only ones who really have a reason to stress about current ET(Ancient Terrestrial) presence. I saw the thread headline recently that china have observed structures on the moon... I havent read it tho

I dont think that they are aliens but rather ancient colonies from Earth's past.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Spiratio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiratio
I saw the thread headline recently that china have observed structures on the moon... I havent read it tho

www.abovetopsecret.com... Lunar surface, Neil Armstrong >>God, what is that out there?... What the h... is that???... But this is unbelievable!...Whats there?>Whats there? Mission Control calling Apollo 11...>These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous! OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there, Lined up on the far side of the crater edge! They're on the Moon watching us!>What REALLY happened out there with Apollo 11?>It was incredible, of course we had always known there was a possibility, the fact is, we were warned off! (by the Aliens). There was never any question then of a space station or a moon city.>How do you mean "warned off"?>I can't go into details, except to say that their ships were far superior to ours both in size and technology - Boy, were they big! and menacing! No, there is no question of a space station.>But NASA had other missions after Apollo 11?>Naturally - NASA was committed at that time, and couldn't risk panic on Earth. But it really was a quick scoop and back again.>Hey, this is ours!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiratio
reply to post by Petest205

And the ants at the immediate location of the sausage roll were probably somewhat distressed at first when you moved it... Then later realised you helped them.

Is this what's going on here on earth now, or what went on? Perhaps the elite are the only ones who really have a reason to stress about current ET(Ancient Terrestrial) presence. I saw the thread headline recently that china have observed structures on the moon... I havent read it tho

I dont think that they are aliens but rather ancient colonies from Earth's past.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Spiratio because: (no reason given)

Haha, yeah! And if you peer inside these ants nests, you can just make out chalk drawings on the walls of giant creatures with 2 legs, moving their food.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join