It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honey for the healing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I was just flipping through this book called"Disease Fighting Foods"and came across a paragraph under"The best from the Bees".....I did not know this,did you?

"honey contains three ingredients that make ideal for treating wounds.Because it is very high in sugar,it absorbs much of the moisture inside wounds,making it hard for bacteria to survive.In addition,many honeys contain large amounts of hydrogen peroxide,the same medicine you use at home to disinfect cuts and scrapes.Finally,some honeys contain propolis,a compound in nectar that can kill bacteria".

I guess I learn something new every day,and maybe you too.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Sugar is a fantastic medicine in and of itself, honey is great for a wide world of ailments. The trick with the sugar is to try and not lick your wounds after application... its hard to not think of yourself as being a lollipop afterwards.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Sugar and a little dose of peroxide, how sweet.

However, we must be such dummies to fall for the processed honey deception:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

It's survival out in the wilderness honey.Pure honey,not tainted honey.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mretgis

Or keeping pesky bugs off.
sweet,my wound tastes good.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I get Y.S. Organic Unprocessed Honey right here: www.iherb.com...

Give them code AHA354 for $5.00 off your first order.

First I bought the little jar but this last time I bought the 2 pound jar and darn if the kids and hubby aren't dipping into it................very good honey.

I actually feel better having a little in my chamomile tea before bed.

I also bought their Shea Butter (NOW Brand) for under 5 bucks per 7 oz jar (bought 4 for Valentine's Day).

Fast and accurate service.

They have lots of stuff everyone should have in their bug out bag.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent
[more

Sweet,hail to the bee.I can't wait til the garden season.Apple tree,Pear tree and maybe bee hive.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Honey is a great thing to have in your survival kit. Check out manuka honey even better

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nfldtater
Honey is a great thing to have in your survival kit. Check out manuka honey even better

hurray! somebody else that knows about manuka honey!! listen to the advice, manuka honey is THE best honey you can have. and honey is the only food in the world that doesn't go off! yay!!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
An old grandmothers trick was to coat raw chicken with honey so it stays fresh a litle bit longer. That feature can be handy in survival mode. Plus honey is always good. Un pasterized is better, theres no point in pastering something that doesn't need a "Best before" date

If the honey is too solid, put it under hot water.
Theres tons of trick with honey, you cant name it all.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Manuka Honey is great stuff but its hard to get in Australia as it hasn't been 'sterilised' which is one of the reasons its so good, so you have to get it 'under the counter'.

But any real honey is pretty good. It is one of the few foods which will almost never go off and is one of the best things you can apply to burns for both healing and prtotection from infection (after you've run the wound under cold water for 10 minutes though....).

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
An old grandmothers trick was to coat raw chicken with honey so it stays fresh a litle bit longer. That feature can be handy in survival mode. Plus honey is always good. Un pasterized is better, theres no point in pastering something that doesn't need a "Best before" date

If the honey is too solid, put it under hot water.
Theres tons of trick with honey, you cant name it all.

I was just reading another thread about aging fresh chickens in the fridge a few days before freezing. Now I'm wondering if honey can be frozen? As in coat the chickens with honey while aging them and then freezing. Anyone?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Yes you can freeze honey. However I have never frozen it on something.

new topics

top topics

join