It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the best tactics to survive in a martial law USA?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

I would rather fight to the death than be ordered around like a slave in some detainment camp without dignity.

Realistically, you'd have a better shot at escaping a camp with co-conspirators than you would in simply resisting the people sent to bring you to the camp.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Considering the number of troops that would be required to place the entire country under martial law for even a week a massive draft would be required. Of course complete economic collapse would quickly follow. So that idea is completely silly. A more realistic question could the US keep a major city under martial law. That would be possible although extremely expensive. Of course if say a massive natural disaster rocked the US sending it into chaos martial law would no doubt be declared but, it would be impossible to enforce.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Realistically, you'd have a better shot at escaping a camp with co-conspirators than you would in simply resisting the people sent to bring you to the camp.

I prefer the take charge and carry out the plan of the day method over the bow down let me lock you up now so you can try to escape later but I do see your point.

Just to add..
What if the first stop was the gassing chamber instead of a Fema camp?

Once Martial Law is declared all rules and bets are off the table for both civilian and military.

There are sick physcopaths in every aspect of our life and once they are given complete authority over others their true color will start to show in the first few days. I have friends who have been in combat and what I have learned is do what you can when you can because you may not get another chance.

I refuse to leave my life in the hands of an 18 year old with a gun in my face following some sick F***S orders.

edit on 30-4-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teriq
this is another thought that pop up in my head what if America initiated Marshall law and started sending people to death-- i mean fema camps; what state do you think would they go after first and how would you survive? but in my opinion i really hope marshal law does not happen because i live in New York and thats going to be one of the place there going to goand hit hard.

Get it right - it's martial law, not marshall law.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
Show me troops on the streets show me curfews imposed on civilians show my check points manned by US Military personnel

Certainly this was not a long term event but enough to test what the people would tolerate and accept. The politicians have a theory that they work under – it goes by many names “the Overton window" among them. This is the idea originated by Joseph P. Overton.

Overton assigned a spectrum of “more free” and “less free”, with regard to government intervention, oriented vertically on an axis. When the window moves or expands along this axis, an idea at a given location may become more or less politically acceptable as the window moves relative to it. The degrees of acceptance of public ideas can be described roughly as:
• Unthinkable
• Radical
• Acceptable
• Sensible
• Popular
• Policy
The Overton window is a means of visualizing which ideas define that range of acceptance by where they fall in it. Proponents of policies outside the window seek to persuade or educate the public so that the window either “moves” or expands to encompass them. Opponents of current policies, or similar ones currently within the window, likewise seek to convince people that these should be considered unacceptable.
Other formulations of the process created after Overton's death add the concept of moving the window, such as deliberately promoting ideas even less acceptable than the previous "outer fringe" ideas, with the intention of making the current fringe ideas acceptable by comparison.
en.wikipedia.org...

Certainly the American public are at least awake enough to know that rule by the military is in true Martial Law; however, using other political concepts such as "creeping normalcy" or the "foot in the door" by which incremental acceptable steps are introduced we are well on the way to having it in everything but name for every concievable "emergency". Shelter in Place is so much more friendly sounding – it sounds like they want to protect you not restrict your movements. Baaaaa. Baaaaa.

Originally posted by rebellender

I was in the Military served 12 years
I was an Entry Point Control Commander in IED land
I know what Military personnel looks like
I know what a cop dressed in riot gear looks like holding a Mx25 ready to fire tear gas looks like

DO YOU?

Having served 24 years in the Special Operations community as an Operator and Senior NCO to Battalion XO and everything in between including special mission units I know it doesn’t matter to the opporessed if the person manning the checkpoint is a member of the military, a cop, a freedom fighter, neighborhood viggilante etc.

If you are under a curfew, (asked nicely not to leave your house and keep your business closed – whatever same thing) and any failure to comply results in your ending up like this….

Or this…

Or this..

Or even the first picture I posted above.

It doesn’t matter what it is called – you can call it "The Annual Boston Leprechaun Hunt" for the Safety of Humanity and it is in effect the same as martial law albeit temporary in nature.

The rights of the people to be secure in their persons and effects was suspended, they were not allowed to move about freely in pursuit of life, liberty and happiness and anything they say or do will be used against them. They were presumed to be dangerous suspects.

You want to play semantics with the definition of Martial Law – neato, all the while it is being implemented under a different name and you are playing right into their hands by accepting it. It’s like ACORN changing their name one day and continuing to do the same things, or Backwater or whatever – the leopard has only changed its spots.

I doubt in the end the sheep much care what colors or patterns the teeth are packaged in when they close around his throat.

I recommend the sheep watch the leapords actions not his words.

As for the OP: Being the gray man is the only way to survive this scenario of national Martial Law. Hide your weapons and supplies, go along on the surface and keep to yourself until you figure out thier patterns and TTPs, then as for me - I know how to organize and run an insurgency. I am getting a little to old for "hair pulling and jumping about" but I can be a trainer/planner/leader. Do not live in the city - period.
edit on 30/4/2013 by
edit on 30/4/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
DO NOT TELL ANYONE what you have.

The above is why I usually respond to these types of "What's your plan?" questions with a shrug of the shoulders and a disinterested "I dunno."

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
In all reality, to maintain control of millions of people in FEMA camps is beyond the gov/military. I would suspect they would have a false flag quarantine of city and just ship people in . The military can lock down a city with relative ease.

Just keep the water and eclectic flowing. Just enclose a city turning it into one big prison. If your caught trying to escape you just die. Of course they would have to have weekly allowances of food water and other supplies to keep the citizens that are outside of the prison content. By the media just forcing, For the children, the people in the quarantine zone are the enemy into their heads. (you get the idea).

Simple really, just have to have a pre-plan in order , that can be in place within 2 weeks. Then all you have to do is round up any malcontents outside the quarantine zone and drop them off on the weekly food/water allowances.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join