It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I miss Steve Irwin and what he brought to nature television.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

He was a great man and had such a zeal for life and all the animals. Anyone else miss what he brought to not only television but to all the animals that benefited from his work?

What we have left now is pretty pitiful when it comes to animal show hosts. Nigel Marvin is about the only one I see from time to time that seems to have some of that magic that is still making shows. Jeff Corwin was cool also but he doesn't make them any longer. What I would give to see Steve-O still out there chasing crocks and getting all bit up by chameleons in Madagascar.

edit working on getting a pic up but i'm unsure of the T&C
edit on 17-2-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
"this is the most dangerous crocodile in the world and could crush a mans skull in 2seconds with one bite, it has the power of 18 men and could push 4 double decker buses 4mile without taking a breath, now im going to jump on this crocodile and show you who is the boss of this crocilde"

course i miss ste, hes a legend. . . who'da thought a sting ray would kill this living god

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
i know, i always thought it would be a crock or a the most venomous snake the world!!

just seems like all the good ones are gone in one way or another.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but I couldn't stand Steve Irwin.

I believe the first thing that passed my lips when I first saw his "carry-on's" was...

"Bloody stupid moron"

For some reason though.....when watching his shows......I couldn't help but root for the Croc/Snake/Monitor at every encounter. It wasn't that I wanted to see Steve hurt.....I've just got a thing for rooting for the under-dog Croc.

On the other side of the coin, I think that the work he did was spectacular and he has done many wonderful things for reptiles & National Parks in northern Australia.

S&F For reminding me about this great man and for putting up with my trollish post.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
it's all good my friend. he rubbed you the way that Brady Barr does me, can't stand that douche bag and he screams like a girl. hahaha

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Can't say it any better than you have.
Our family misses him very much and all
of the great things that he did for the animal kingdom.
It is still hard to believe that he is gone but he left behind
a bright and wonderful daughter, Mindy, to carry on his legacy

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I liked Steve Irwin..He had a good heart and was always up and happy and his show was great i never missed it when it was on..
He did allot for nature and the animal kingdom he will be missed by many..peace,sugarcookie1

join